2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure why, exactly, but I love the South African women's Olympic team's kits:

471596_m21.jpg

I love the colors and the socks, but the white piping details fall short for me.

I never saw an official announcement, but these must be the new Sparta Praha away kits:

625543_10151082795572068_1472859694_n.jpg

Very nice.

There's something strange about the way the colored hem interacts with the stripe on the shorts, I think I'd like this better with a plain hem. I like the color usage, though. Not often you see a kit like that.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Don't like the white arm stripes. Every time I see them they just dont work for me, nike.

The players just need to cuff them up, presumably as they were designed to be.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Don't like the white arm stripes. Every time I see them they just dont work for me, nike.

It's interesting that Nike is doing this. Even Man U's home shirt last year has the same trim on the sleeves that is on the neck. But to see it you have to flip it up, covering the league patches in the process. Still, I agree a smaller wehite band would look much better.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It's interesting that Nike is doing this. Even Man U's home shirt last year has the same trim on the sleeves that is on the neck. But to see it you have to flip it up, covering the league patches in the process. Still, I agree a smaller wehite band would look much better.

This year's Man U shirts do, too (it is a thin black stripe like on the neck)

• 2 weeks later...

General Motors and Manchester United today announced that the world's most popular football club's shirt sponsor will be Chevrolet, beginning with the 2014/2015 season.

7 year deal.

UGH

How come United always get the worst sponsors? Sharp was alright, but since then, not a single corporate sponsor has looked good on their uniform. AIG looked decent at best, but it looked ridiculous following AIG's liquidation.

If it is a huge gold Chevy logo instead of just the "Chevrolet" or "Chevy" script, I will have to realign my EPL loyalties. Hell, even an outline of the Chevy logo would be tragically awful.

spacer.png

General Motors and Manchester United today announced that the world's most popular football club's shirt sponsor will be Chevrolet, beginning with the 2014/2015 season.

7 year deal.

UGH

How come United always get the worst sponsors? Sharp was alright, but since then, not a single corporate sponsor has looked good on their uniform. AIG looked decent at best, but it looked ridiculous following AIG's liquidation.

If it is a huge gold Chevy logo instead of just the "Chevrolet" or "Chevy" script, I will have to realign my EPL loyalties. Hell, even an outline of the Chevy logo would be tragically awful.

I expect the chevrolet wordmakr, or maybe the logo and wordmark next to it. Not a big deal.

Proof again that ManUre fans aren't real fans. ;)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

After seeing them on field, I finally figured out what was bugging me about Nike's giant sleeve cuffs; they look like captain's armbands.

Along with the template that they have with a stripe on one sleeve too...

Shakhtar-Donetsk-Kit-2013.jpg

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Nike has been doing that for a couple years, going back at least to this Arsenal shirt from 2010-2011:

Arsenal-Home-Shirt-2010-11.jpg

Although the cuff is quite broad, this Arsenal shirt was based on the classic 70s Arsenal shirt, which also had contrasting cuffs.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Nike has been doing that for a couple years, going back at least to this Arsenal shirt from 2010-2011:

Arsenal-Home-Shirt-2010-11.jpg

Although the cuff is quite broad, this Arsenal shirt was based on the classic 70s Arsenal shirt, which also had contrasting cuffs.

Yes, but what I was getting at was that the cuff on this shirt was extremely broad, more so than on the original shirt it was echoing, and that has since become a signature trait of their shirts.

Archived