2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

Why are the Timbers wearing their clash jerseys in Portland? Was it just to let the fans see them for a game? There would have been no clash problem if they just wore their home kits.

The Timbers occasionally wear their red kits at home. Not sure why -- I guess just to show them off to the Timbers Army in person and sell more. That said, they did this same thing last year, wearing the red aways at home vs. Colorado while the Rapids wore their white-with-lots-of-dark-red aways. Portland should have worn the third kits at home, as they've done earlier this year.

The first time Portland played Colorado this year, in Colorado, Portland wore the white third kit. I assume they will do the same when they play in Colorado again this week:

Eric+Alexander+Portland+Timbers+v+Colorado+6JZYKgbXdAll.jpg

Last year, both teams wore their home kits when they played each other in Colorado. The tones are little too similar, IMO.

GYI0064004693.jpg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at Friday's Timbers match where, at the team shop, I overheard an employee mention how the team was getting new uniforms next year.

I know this isn't surprising, given the usual cycle of MLS uniform changes. But I still found it disappointing. The Timbers have one of the best looks in MLS -- if not THE best look. I was hoping they'd break from the mold and stick with a look as long as possible.

Every team on the MLS is on a two year cycle and they're staggered so half the league gets new uniforms each year. But I think the Timbers look has been well-received and would expect them to stick with the green shirt/white sleeves look for the time being. There will obviously be changes, but I would just expect them to be small, possibly changing the green/darker green split and adding a different small detail.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I was at Friday's Timbers match where, at the team shop, I overheard an employee mention how the team was getting new uniforms next year.

I know this isn't surprising, given the usual cycle of MLS uniform changes. But I still found it disappointing. The Timbers have one of the best looks in MLS -- if not THE best look. I was hoping they'd break from the mold and stick with a look as long as possible.

It's pretty rare for MLS teams to go ballistic when it comes to uniform redesigns. I wouldn't be too concerned.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It's pretty rare for MLS teams to go ballistic when it comes to uniform redesigns. I wouldn't be too concerned.

Yeah, nothing like European team redesigns.

You really can't have BFBS in a sport where the clash jersey is, you know, meant only to clash with other teams...

Yes but why not use white like what they had before? Black was never really a part of their uniforms...only as an accent. I also think that dark blue or navy as well as gold was used more than black.

Whoop! Can't wait to hear english commentators yelling "deuce is loose! The Texan delivers a wonderful strike!" or something along those lines :)

Whoop! Can't wait to hear english commentators yelling "deuce is loose! The Texan delivers a wonderful strike!" or something along those lines :)

You really can't have BFBS in a sport where the clash jersey is, you know, meant only to clash with other teams...

National teams generally have a standard home and away color. For Northern Ireland it's green and white reversed. But lately that's gone to the side. See Mexico and USA for that.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Anybody know what number Clint Dempsey will wear for Tottenham, i couldn't find anything but I think number 2 is available, would be really cool to see deuce wearing deuce again!

And deuce it is!

https://www.twitter.com/clint_dempsey/status/242955057522429952

Good to know. Still undecided if I want to pick up a Dembele or Dempsey kit...leaning toward Dembele.

TOT-VANDERWaltersH.pngFPL-sig.pngTOT-VANDERWaltersA.png

I find that the more I look a Chelsea's home kit, the more I despise it. The gold is stupid and unnecessary. MASSIVE downgrade from last year's kit, IMO.

How is it unnecessary? Without it it would be a plain blue t-shirt. I don't think it's stupid, either. It's a very fitting celebration of their Champions League title, much like the 'World Champions' jerseys that baseball teams used to wear.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I find that the more I look a Chelsea's home kit, the more I despise it. The gold is stupid and unnecessary. MASSIVE downgrade from last year's kit, IMO.

How is it unnecessary? Without it it would be a plain blue t-shirt. I don't think it's stupid, either. It's a very fitting celebration of their Champions League title, much like the 'World Champions' jerseys that baseball teams used to wear.

I like it now that they're wearing gold after winning the Champions League (FA Cup, too) but when they came out with this design they were still longshots to win the CL. They were just jumping onto the monochrome crest bandwagon and lucked into making it gold the year they won the CL. And most of the clubs that are going with monochrome crests are doing so on their clash jerseys where their normal crest colors might look out of place on a different color. There wasn't any reason for Chelsea to use a gold crest on their home shirt.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived