Saintsfan

2012-13 soccer kits

If Colorado is now genuinely to make their kits a tribute Arsenal's, how long is it until we can expect "Purple Reign" in Commerce City? :P

Color me confused on this one..,

their away kits this season:

hi-res-hi-res-150805769_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

If Colorado is now genuinely to make their kits a tribute Arsenal's, how long is it until we can expect "Purple Reign" in Commerce City? :P

Not until the MLS allows someone other than Adidas to do the kits.

So wait, if the away shirt is going to have red stripes, how are they going to incorporate red into the home shirt? You can't have a Barca home shirt without red, and having significant amounts of red on both the home and away shirts defeats the purpose.

So wait, if the away shirt is going to have red stripes, how are they going to incorporate red into the home shirt? You can't have a Barca home shirt without red, and having significant amounts of red on both the home and away shirts defeats the purpose.

Exactly my logic too. I can only assume the home will have blue shorts and blue socks and a small amount of red on the shirt. Either that or they will reserve this kit for when playing against teams in blue and have a 3rd shirt suitable for playing against teams in red. Either way, it is really early on and yet I have still been (foolishly) drawn into all the speculation.

So it turns out that it is NEVER too early to speculate about upcoming kit releases... link.

i wonder if they'll be stripes or hoops with the Catalan colors...might be cool to have hoops, in the vein of the current US homes (with yellow in place of the white).

So it turns out that it is NEVER too early to speculate about upcoming kit releases... link.

i wonder if they'll be stripes or hoops with the Catalan colors...might be cool to have hoops, in the vein of the current US homes (with yellow in place of the white).

Interesting thought, considering the catalan flag has horizontal stripes, you would think hoops would make more sense.

Please... no. No no no no no.

Has the US reverted to the lighter-colored numbers?

Also, the Kappa wordmark on Jamaica's jersey looks like white electrical tape.

Fantàstica i Magnífico. I've been yearning for Barca to add a kit inspired by the Catalan colors, and they've finally delivered.

Hopefully.

Ok, I swear there were some players wearing the lighter numbers and some darker. It was probably just the lighting though.

Ok, I swear there were some players wearing the lighter numbers and some darker. It was probably just the lighting though.

They looked kinda light and they all seemed really shiny and reflective today but I think that might've just been it. Because the old ones definitely looked silver even white a times and these looked light but not THAT light.

Man idk bout you guys but seeing shots of fans waving American flags and the team both on screen looked really cool to me. Me fists.

Atlanta's NASL team may be bringing back the Chiefs identity.

http://www.atlantasilverbacks.com/pro/news/Silverbacks-Turn-To-Fans-For-Team-Name

1347372039_a.jpg

Please... no. No no no no no.

I'm with you. I was a huge fan of the NASL, and I can't wait to see my Cosmos facing off against the Rowdies and Strikers (and eventually the Sounders and Timbers), but that's one NASL identity that should be left in the Archives.

"Silverbacks" is a clever and unique name, whereas "Chiefs" will always belong to that famous team in the bigger league.

Is Atlanta really struggling so that they have to do this for attention?

It's throwback fetishism. I would be surprised if the Stars haven't been asked by the league about becoming the Kicks (if the team exists at all next year).

The Silverbacks name has more seasons played under it than the Chiefs.

It's throwback fetishism. I would be surprised if the Stars haven't been asked by the league about becoming the Kicks (if the team exists at all next year).

Considering the name of the league they play in, it isn't all that surprising. I say, 'why they heck not?' If the league wants to capitalize off the original NASL, I say good for them.

MLS has thrown so many roadblocks in the way of celebrating the history of this sport (at least up until recently, when they allowed the Sounders, Timbers and Whitecaps in as expansion teams), you'd think there was no such thing as American soccer before 1996. I'm glad the NASL is embracing it. It works for the aforementioned teams. Why not employ the same tactic for Atlanta?

Off topic - Mockba, what's going on with the Kicks? Why is their existence in question?

Considering the name of the league they play in, it isn't all that surprising. I say, 'why they heck not?' If the league wants to capitalize off the original NASL, I say good for them.

MLS has thrown so many roadblocks in the way of celebrating the history of this sport (at least up until recently, when they allowed the Sounders, Timbers and Whitecaps in as expansion teams), you'd think there was no such thing as American soccer before 1996. I'm glad the NASL is embracing it. It works for the aforementioned teams. Why not employ the same tactic for Atlanta?

Off topic - Mockba, what's going on with the Kicks? Why is their existence in question?

I believe NASL has yet to find an owner. The best case would be to have Zygi Wilf reach agreement with the MLS to begin play when the new Vikes stadium opens but in the meantime buy the Stars and own them while they play in the NASL for the next 3-5 years.

Right. The Stars are currently owned by the NASL. They've been kept afloat mostly because NASL needed eight teams to achieve USSF sanctioning. However, with the Cosmos joining in 2013, many of us are worried about the Stars being seen as unnecessary and being terminated, despite the league originally saying it was making a commitment through 2013.

Right. The Stars are currently owned by the NASL. They've been kept afloat mostly because NASL needed eight teams to achieve USSF sanctioning. However, with the Cosmos joining in 2013, many of us are worried about the Stars being seen as unnecessary and being terminated, despite the league originally saying it was making a commitment through 2013.

Ah, I see. Thank you, SCL and Mockba. I certainly hope the Stars find a new owner. Our local PDL club shut its doors a few years ago, but that was due to escalating costs (apparently). No one wins when a club has to call it quits.