2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Celtic's kit is a throwback so they really didn't have any design room there, but that just doesn't look good. Their regular kits are much better. It is nice that they were able to hide the sponsor logo for it though.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Making the logos white on white is a beautiful touch. Honestly, I think that's how all logos on all on-field apparel should be.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Making the logos white on white is a beautiful touch. Honestly, I think that's how all logos on all on-field apparel should be.

If that were the case, why bother putting them on at all. The reason companies pay so much is so people can see them. It's outstanding that Nike and tennent's agreed to do this for a special uniform, but team's rely too much on that revenue for it to happen much more frequently.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.

HAIL CELTIC

More jealous than words can express.

Signed, a Gooner.

Oh, I don't think the Arsenal kits this year are that bad! I quite like the home kit and no one will even remember the road kit in a few years!

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just a news post...no images. Newcastle will end it's Virgin Money sponsorship deal at the end of the season and will announce new 13-14 sponsor soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-19790380

I'll never be satisfied until the get Newcastle Brown back on their kits.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I don't recall this kind of announcement before, announcing the end of a sponsorship before a new one is found, half way through a season. I don't quite get what Newcastle are up to.

huh? Manchester United did it this year with AON/Chevrolet.

I don't recall this kind of announcement before, announcing the end of a sponsorship before a new one is found, half way through a season. I don't quite get what Newcastle are up to.

But they announced that with a replacement lined up. I can't recall a team announcing one sponsor was going without their being a replacement lined up.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

But they announced that with a replacement lined up. I can't recall a team announcing one sponsor was going without their being a replacement lined up.

It will be lined up trust me.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Personally I am not entirely convinced about that. But still it seems strange to announce someone won't be sponsoring your team next season. I'd imagine there are reasons but it seems odd.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Well Virgin Money will stay on the kits for the remainder of the year, so they don't have to release a new shirt in the New Year. I think we should be hearing about the new sponsor any day now. Possibly even before tomorrow's Europa League game.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Actually, Newcastle were the last team that had a sponsor change right in the middle of the season - last season, to be precise. From August to December, Newcastle wore Northern Rock. on their kits, as they had since 2003.

4nhpI.jpg

Then, Virgin Money bought out Northern Rock., in the middle of the season, Newcastle switched kit sponsors.

628x471.jpg

spacer.png

Personally I am not entirely convinced about that. But still it seems strange to announce someone won't be sponsoring your team next season. I'd imagine there are reasons but it seems odd.

I'm just hoping it's not Sports Direct.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Actually, Newcastle were the last team that had a sponsor change right in the middle of the season - last season, to be precise. From August to December, Newcastle wore Northern Rock. on their kits, as they had since 2003.

4nhpI.jpg

Then, Virgin Money bought out Northern Rock., in the middle of the season, Newcastle switched kit sponsors.

628x471.jpg

That wasn't actually a change of sponsor, it was a rebrand BY the sponsor after The Virgin Group bought Northern Rock from public ownership, so Northern Rock didn't exist any more. It wasn't a different sponsor, it was the same sponsor with a different name.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

If that were the case, why bother putting them on at all. The reason companies pay so much is so people can see them. It's outstanding that Nike and tennent's agreed to do this for a special uniform, but team's rely too much on that revenue for it to happen much more frequently.

If a league or the NCAA were to, for example, make a rule that said all manufacturer logos had to be tonal, then all the companies would be in the same boat. Obviously they'd want to have their logo on there rather than not (even if it's not very visible). If the best they can do is have it the same color as the shirt, then that's how it would have to be, and it would be glorious for the viewers. I'd much rather have massive sideline/on-screen ads or logos than ads/logos on the uniforms.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived