2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

Hopefully Nike has the option to match any offers Arsenal gets...

i think Man Utd has this and also USMNT also and Barca comes to mind. Arsenal might i know nike does this for big competitve teams which they are

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Nike has the option to match any offers Arsenal gets...

i think Man Utd has this and also USMNT also and Barca comes to mind. Arsenal might i know nike does this for big competitve teams which they are

I doubt Nike would do so, given that Arsenal are not guaranteed Champions League football. They've been on the decline for a decade nearly now, albeit a slow decline, and Spurs certainly could finish above Arsenal, with others catching them as well. (Not that Nike only sponsors CL teams, but the kind of money Arsenal will want reduces its value to Nike. And it's worth remembering that Nike have Man Cityfrom next season, and Adidas have lost Liverpool now.)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Adidas usually does really well with their top-level teams (see the German national team and Chelsea) so I'll approach this with cautious optimism. Arsenal would certainly look better if they stuck with Nike, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Im expecting a chelsea style conservative approach for The Gunners than a radical Lyon approach

You can't really get much more radical than this season's Arsenal road kit.

Not really. It's just a hooped jersey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Bert, ermagherd, ert's perpler!

Seriously, it's purple/black hoops. It's actually pretty subtle, and looks quite nice.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Gunners have been blessed with a series of pretty good home kits during the Nike era (save the one that wasn't an Arsenal shirt at all), along with horrible change kits.

Not that Adidas has done spectacularly well by its clubs during this period, but they've produced a couple nice kits for Chelsea.

Recent change kits for Arsenal have been very nice. I, for one, love the purple/black, and I also really, really liked the yellow/maroon.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

gun__1256719953_kit5.jpg?ic=272cbaT

(this goes for all their work) I think Adidas should try to make the three stripes a bit more subtle, maybe try an iridescent effect?

Maybe they'll bring these back:

Arsenal_2D00_adidas_2D00_Img1.jpg

That last home shirt is by Nike and is the best looking one of the kits.

If Ajax can keep the 3 stripes off the sleeves, Arsenal should be able to do the same. Even though Ajax has them for Europe, at times they have kept them off their league kits.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

(this goes for all their work) I think Adidas should try to make the three stripes a bit more subtle, maybe try an iridescent effect?

Yes, it is, and yes it is, and it's exactly why I'm very nervous about this switch. Nike has had a couple duds, but even those were better than the deliberately-cluttered shirts produced by Adidas.

Yes, it is, and yes it is, and it's exactly why I'm very nervous about this switch. Nike has had a couple duds, but even those were better than the deliberately-cluttered shirts produced by Adidas.

Let's be clear on this: Arsenal hasn't left Nike yet. Arsenal's deal is coming up and they're doing what they can to extract the most out of their next deal. Manchester United is doing the exact same thing. It's also standard practice for these contracts to include matching rights clauses, giving Nike a chance to match any offer.

I'm not saying it won't happen. But at this point I don't see it as anything other than speculation.

Im expecting a chelsea style conservative approach for The Gunners than a radical Lyon approach

You can't really get much more radical than this season's Arsenal road kit.

Not really. It's just a hooped jersey.

With one size hoops on the body and another size on the sleeves along with a bold swatch of another color.

Having said all that, i actually really like them. Although, i liked the yellow/maroon one from the previous season better.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

Archived