Mizzou unveils new FB and BB uniforms

STL FANATIC

This calls for a new thread, but some have already posted in the bigger thread if anyone is interested.

Gallery here: http://www.mutigers.com/genrel/12-uniform-gallery.html

I'll post more specific thoughts later, but basically I think these are just okay. Not gaudy, but not anything special either. Some interesting elements, though.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is that giant tiger head painted on each individual helmet or one giant decal?

Decal, I would imagine. May just be the photoshop job thats makes it look otherwise.

For some reason, These nike unveil pictures look way better to me than they did in regular lighting(from the leaks). Usually its the opposite.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

from sport to sport theres more inconsistency than i like, but considering this is Nike, this is really good for them. i wish the thought and care they put into these MIZZOU football uniforms was the same in the Seahawks. with the Tigers here, you see a nice unity from helmet to jersey to pants. each piece looks as if they belong with the other and theres a unique look to the whole set. they've taken some things they've done in the past (stripes on pants) and made it unique to Missouri. nothing here is overdone. they even managed to make the 2-tone collar to show off their flywire a pleasant visual with what they did with the sleeves. (a lesson in repetition and unity design principals) i do think they should have used a full color logo on the alternate helmet though. i believe they have aofficialy added anthracite as a school color too. so dont bitch about that not being a school color. i really like this set. A

screenshot20120414at404.png

screenshot20120414at404.png

screenshot20120414at405.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Ok, um, the football uniforms are fine except they may have gone a bit overboard on the charcoal, especially on the white uniforms where there's hardly any black and those shoulders are excessively big (colorwise). Don't care for the alt helmets. Glad the basketball uniforms got the back image, but wish they had done a little more of the campus thing like some others do. I was hoping to see Jesse Hall and the columns. Don't mind the new lettering/numbers. Was hoping for the simple stretched Arial-type font wordmark that you saw under the collars on the football jerseys and the block numbers, but the new ones fine. Overall, the use of charcoal is fine, I just feel they used it a little too much.

It's not bad at all.

I LOVE the sublimated tiger stripes, the primary helmet is awesome, the uniform designs are the best type of modern: Effective, and not too crazy.

The home uniform is clearly the cream of the crop here. I could see that uniform lasting much longer than some of these other new uniforms that have popped up on the college football map. The home uni is easily the best.

The away uniform could've done without the charcoal shoulder yoke (especially if they were gonna make the shoulder numbers black.). This uni will probably look bad mixed with any other set of pants or helmets, but with the charcoal pants, it's a solid look. Not bad at all.

The alternate uniform is good as well...from the neck down. I thought I'd like that helmet from the preview pics that I saw, but looking at it now, it just looks really cheap. Idk if it's due to the matte or what, but it just looks really bad, IMO.

Overall, decent set. I'm kind of mad that this looks better than what the Seahawks brought out. :lol:

I'm pretty mixed on the football uniforms....love both helmets, love the general idea of each set, but I feel that as each jersey is of a different design (gold alt - tiger stripe-ish; black homes - solid, simple, no anthracite; white roads - anthracite shoulders) there's a minor disconnect within the identity as a whole that I can't unsee. I'd have preferred that each jersey be based on the gold alt design somehow, I think that would have been great.

That's not to say that the identity is all bad though - individually, each set as a standalone is superb. Everything from top to bottom on each set flows very well and works. That aforementioned disconnect brings everything down just a tad, but I'd still give the football set a very solid B+.

Both basketball teams look pretty good. Don't like the numbers on the men's roadies (can barely see them at all), but I like the designs of both teams. Both teams' homes especially are great. Men's roads are a grade-killer, but all in all still a solid B+.

Women's soccer is nice, simple, and sharp. A.

Overall, this new identity gets a B+ bordering on A- from me. A job well done for the most part.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The good: The Black jersey, perfectly fine & solid design.

The new main helmet, having ditched the M this was the logical replacement, & it looks absolutely fine as a helmet logo.

The bad: The white jersey, yeesh those contrast shoulders look bad, looked bad on the Texas practice unis, still look bad here.

The alt helmet, big shiny yellow logo on matte black base is just not a good look, plus the big-ass mascot logo helmet is a trend I could do without

The meh: The yellow jersey, by rights I should hate it, but somehow I don't, & damn if it isn't better than some of the 'special' & alt unis we've had in college ball recently.

Same as I wrote in the mega-thread. I will add though that on the whole it's not too bad at all. It could have been a LOT worse

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Love the basketball unis and football helmets, dislike the football jerseys. It does look like the SEC circle will adorn the football unis this year and not the triangle football logo.

Not going to mesh well in the SEC. IMO too outlandish in contrast to the other squads.

The best teams in the league - LSU, Bama, Auburn, UGA, Florida, UTenn, A&M have all remained consistent for decades.

The non-pro combat helmet is great, hopefully that'll be used primarily.

Wow... these look very similar to the concept I posted for my school a couple weeks ago.

Regardless though... this is a major upgrade. The stripes are awesome and the oval-tiger looks every bit as good on the helmet as I expected.

Archived