Sign in to follow this  
STL FANATIC

Mizzou unveils new FB and BB uniforms

A couple thoughts:

I like the use of the tiger-in-oval logo, but I'm not really sold on the double Broncos stripes.

The bigger tiger head would look a lot better if it included white. The all-gold just looks kind of "meh."

I do like how they incorporated the tiger striping into the overall design.

LOVE the gold alternates. I wish more teams would wear this shade of gold. *cough*GeorgiaTech*cough*

Kind of disappointed at the lack of gold pants.

Call me an old codger if you want, but I'm not a fan of them using "Mizzou" on the uniforms. Of course, I'm not a fan of city/state nicknames as official team branding in general (NOLA, PHX, etc.)

I think the uniforms will look good in action, but these photos are terrible. Who decided dark shadowy photos on a black background would be the best way to showcase black uniforms?

There actually are gold pants. just not in that photoshoot. They HAD to do gold pants. Missouri fans think that they are "magic gold pants" for big games.

The basketball uniforms seem a bit lazy... even though the sublimated pattern fits well with the team, it just falls short compared to the other designs Nike has come up with.

As for the football uniforms. I really like the new stripes. Its nice to see Nike going out of the box with their pants stripes, instead of constantly staying with in there side cuts. The new helmet is nice, its seems as if that logo was designed for a football helmet. The solo tiger head helmet is great, but I hope its maybe a 1 time per year deal. I hope they don't over expose it.

That being said, I hope there are a lot of templates coming out of this set.

The basketball uniforms seem a bit lazy... even though the sublimated pattern fits well with the team, it just falls short compared to the other designs Nike has come up with.

As for the football uniforms. I really like the new stripes. Its nice to see Nike going out of the box with their pants stripes, instead of constantly staying with in there side cuts. The new helmet is nice, its seems as if that logo was designed for a football helmet. The solo tiger head helmet is great, but I hope its maybe a 1 time per year deal. I hope they don't over expose it.

That being said, I hope there are a lot of templates coming out of this set.

There certainly could be since this set inexplicably uses 3 templates.

Wow. I am impressed. (football uniforms)

I love that yellow jersey set. Might be my new favorite in college football, if it looks just as good on the field.

Love the oversized helmet logo.

The white jersey I'm not a huge fan of.

& I think the gray color is a bit unneeded.

Overall, huge upgrade, finally matching yellow/gold?

Gray adds more to this set because you would only have Gold and Black which did not look good together based on their previous set. In addition, I love the fact that Nike decided to use more than one template for the main, away, and alternate because he will not cause the design to become boring.

Gray adds more to this set because you would only have Gold and Black which did not look good together based on their previous set. In addition, I love the fact that Nike decided to use more than one template for the main, away, and alternate because he will not cause the design to become boring.

The black and gold looked just fine together. I don't mind the addition of some of the gray, but they went a little too excessive.

These are great. Modern without being over the top obnoxious/outrageous. Love these.

Am I the only one who's bugged by that unnecessary "notch" at the top of the 5 on that football jersey?

Otherwise I really dig the sets in all sports. Huge upgrade.

Don't like the hoops uniforms. Numbers will be hard to read and besides, if everybody is grey or black, don't all the teams start looking the same?

The number font is very similar to West Virginia's except for a pointed serif here and there on the numbers, also the gray/white jersey looks a lot like the one Nike created for WVU's pro combat.

7677232.jpeg

I'm wondering if those numbers will even be allowed on the jerseys by the NCAA due to the lack of contrast. I know Purdue (and I believe Iowa) had to change the color of their numbers recently.

immersive.jpg6980118f195b083a47b368429b93e966-getty-141590172.jpg

NICE work for sure, clean!!!

The football uniforms look great, except for the black monochrome. I would like to see gold pants, thrown in as an option.

The basketball uniforms are even better. Very clean, modern, yet simple. The only thing I don't like is the black on black look.

The football uniforms look great, except for the black monochrome. I would like to see gold pants, thrown in as an option.

The basketball uniforms are even better. Very clean, modern, yet simple. The only thing I don't like is the black on black look.

I guess everybody missed the early twitter pics. There is a gold pants option to be worn with the black tops.

tigeroval.jpg

Actually that's dark gray/charcoal/anthracite/graphite on black.

Actually that's dark gray/charcoal/anthracite/graphite on black.

Oh, my mistake.

*says eleven Hail Phils*

I guess everybody missed the early twitter pics. There is a gold pants option to be worn with the black tops.

tigeroval.jpg

That looks MUCH better. Glad to see it.

A couple thoughts:

I like the use of the tiger-in-oval logo, but I'm not really sold on the double Broncos stripes.

The bigger tiger head would look a lot better if it included white. The all-gold just looks kind of "meh."

I do like how they incorporated the tiger striping into the overall design.

LOVE the gold alternates. I wish more teams would wear this shade of gold. *cough*GeorgiaTech*cough*

Call me an old codger if you want, but I'm not a fan of them using "Mizzou" on the uniforms. Of course, I'm not a fan of city/state nicknames as official team branding in general (NOLA, PHX, etc.)

I think the uniforms will look good in action, but these photos are terrible. Who decided dark shadowy photos on a black background would be the best way to showcase black uniforms?

The 2008 Tech uniforms were wretched.

the only thing i would definitely change is their Mizzou wordmark to Missouri.

Naw. We more commonly refer to them as Mizzou. I wouldn't mind if one of the basketball uniforms said Missouri, though.