Steelers unveiling new throw/fauxbacks

eliminator jr

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they just use the normal helmet, that will be bush league.

And what about the white number panels? Do the Steelers know something that no one else does about the actual jerseys from 1934? Is it laziness? A legibility issue?

He mentioned that all of the photos that they had were in black and white but they found someone that actually had a 1934 jersey that they were able to get colors off of.

vhetj.jpg

Looking at the image that was posted earlier in the thread, I figured that I was gonna hate it. Now that I see what it looks like in 2012, I actually like this. Of course, this has absolutely NO staying power in today's day-&-age, but for an anniversary throwback, it's pretty good. Wow.

Looks like they won't be going full-on throwback though with that helmet, unless they just bust out a brown helmet in time for the season.

I actually kind of like it. It will probably get pretty busy watching 11 players running around the same field with those, but I don't think it looks bad on a single player.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I actually really like it, but I am puzzled by the helmet. It looks like the current one, with the current stripe and current number font. What's the deal with that?

Current helmet will be used with these. Even says so in the official press release.

As a one year throwback for the 80th anniversary, it is what it is, but I hope thy don't plan on keeping these around after that. The helmet is lazy. They should have just gone with brown. I wish they would have gone with the other uniform from 1933 like they did with the 94 throwbacks.

I'm assuming that when the Steelers wear these uniforms, the visiting team will wear white? Just wondering because when the Rams wore yellow in '94, the opponents wore dark jerseys. Same when the Saints wore gold. Kind of begs the question, are these jerseys gold with black stripes, or black with gold stripes?

Archived