Steelers unveiling new throw/fauxbacks

eliminator jr

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

vhetj.jpg

Looking at the image that was posted earlier in the thread, I figured that I was gonna hate it. Now that I see what it looks like in 2012, I actually like this. Of course, this has absolutely NO staying power in today's day-&-age, but for an anniversary throwback, it's pretty good. Wow.

Looks like they won't be going full-on throwback though with that helmet, unless they just bust out a brown helmet in time for the season.

Who doesn't like a jersey unveiling in the bathroom?

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Oh God, those are just...

Why? God, why?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I love them, personally. It's the ballsiest throwback since the 1994 NFL 75th.

but aren't they really Throwbacks and not fauxbacks?

1934steelers.jpg

With the exception of the number box being white (most illustrations show it as gold, but how would we know?), it's accurate.

Photo0335.jpg

I mean, that's it, though faded, from Heinz Field

Let's at least give them credit for recreating it correctly, unlike the Packers' last attempt

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I love them, personally. It's the ballsiest throwback since the 1994 NFL 75th.

but aren't they really Throwbacks and not fauxbacks?

1934steelers.jpg

With the exception of the number box being white (most illustrations show it as gold, but how would we know?), it's accurate.

Photo0335.jpg

I mean, that's it, though faded, from Heinz Field

Let's at least give them credit for recreating it correctly, unlike the Packers' last attempt

The Packers did the best they could given the NFL's size parameters and requirements. It was as exact as it could be.

I love this Steelers look, though they didn't get the numbers exact.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

vhetj.jpg

Looking at the image that was posted earlier in the thread, I figured that I was gonna hate it. Now that I see what it looks like in 2012, I actually like this. Of course, this has absolutely NO staying power in today's day-&-age, but for an anniversary throwback, it's pretty good. Wow.

Looks like they won't be going full-on throwback though with that helmet, unless they just bust out a brown helmet in time for the season.

Who doesn't like a jersey unveiling in the bathroom?

These belong in the toilet.

Thank you.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

That could be why he's in the bathroom... that's where poo goes.

I usually like crazy concepts, I love yellow/black, love stripes... and these are the worst things I've seen on a professional level, maybe ever.

The yellow then with the khaki/gold pants? Wtf???

vertical helmet stripe with the horizontals? The hideous white blocks behind the numbers?

Sorry, this is embarrassing.

With Black pants and a solid black helmet this would actually be great. Well, and ditch the random white blocks. Right now it's so random and thrown together.

dear lord.

vhetj.jpg

Is he standing in a bathroom?

That was my first thought haha. Trying to clash against the walls.

On topic, I'm leaning towards liking it, but I think it would look better with a different helmet.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

As a Bengals fan, I love these.

And speaking of the Bengals, and not to catjack this thread, but I really think THEY should look into a throwback based on their original uniforms?script helmet and all?whenever their next notable anniversary comes up. Shoot, they already play in a stadium named for Paul Brown; why not break out some throwback digs to honor the original squad?

(Especially if it'll get them out of those abominations they wear now for a game or two.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived