MLS by 2020

mcrosby

Ft Lauderdale's name needs to be "yellowed" in.

These are all spectacular.

They really are great. Only complaint is "Orlando City". Seems like "Orlando" could work just fine on its own.

I think he's presuming (like many are, actually) that the current Orlando City franchise (that's its name) will be "permanently promoted" like Vancouver and Montreal were, so the name stays.

Got it... had no clue that was the case - sorry for the ignorance.

Never a need to apologize for ignorance. Knowledge doesn't care who knows it, only that it be spread. :)

rATMcmK.png

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to seeing how the kits turn out...great crests, although I can't imagine an MLS team in Albuquerque, NM.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Beautiful kits. Just beautiful. Orlando City looks flat out sharp, LOVE that Chivas design, and you definitely fulfilled your design intent succesfully with New England. Can't wait to see more!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

2013 part 1:

The MLS continues to expand in 2013, promising two additional teams. The first reveal is expected to be the Cosmos, but again fans are let down. Instead the league moves to the Gateway to the West. This is done in part due to the huge success of Sporting KC. The team revives the former AC St. Louis name and updates their former logo to include the famous arch. The team is a natural rivalry for Sporting KC and shares bad blood with Chicago and Columbus as well but struggles to draw the crowds it had hoped for in its first season.

AC St. Louis is the first MLS team to play in a dome, sharing space with the St. Louis Rams. After fielding a playoff team and drawing the crowds they had initially hoped for the team promises the building of a new, outdoor stadium in partnership with the Rams who are in desperate need of help. The MLS comes to the rescue of the NFL team and a joint stadium is built.

Picture41.png

Next Up:

2013 expansion continues, and an update to MLS's Hollywood team.

2013 Part 2:

The MLS finally comes to terms with the New York Cosmos organization on a stadium as well as the ever increasing expansion fee (the Cosmos believe the fee was increased specifically for them, an organization with a strong brand and much backing to begin with). The Cosmos are forced to use Adidas, breaking their contract with Umbro...a debacle that may possibly rear it's aesthetic head in the future of the MLS. They are one of the few MLS teams to go without a sponsor, keeping a clean uniform and with Cosmo tradition.

Picture55-1.png

With expansion and a primo brand across the country, LA Galaxy feel the need to update their set. They go to a gold color to represent their place among the MLS, and combine their eras to come up with a greenish-blue color. They stick with their sash and put a pattern of the repeating hypocycloid from their logo.

Picture54.png

Coming soon to boards near you: an expanionless year, three identity updates. Place bets now.

Love the Galaxy! Great colors and design, well done. Great job on St. Louis and the Cosmos as well!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

This is great man! I love what you did with both LA teams. The new Chivas name and crest is beyond amazing, and the colours for the Galaxy are amazing.

The AC St. Louis, NY Cosmos and, New England looks all make perfect sense and I like that a lot.

I can't wait to see what you do with TFC, Edmonton and, San Jose. Those are the 3 crest updates that I like best and anticipate the updated kits.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I can't wait to see what you do with TFC, Edmonton and, San Jose. Those are the 3 crest updates that I like best and anticipate the updated kits.

Any suggestions for TFC? Doesn't look like they've really had a kit design that they can call their own.

Well, I think that's because they don't know what to do with their look. Actually I don't thing ownership knows anything when it comes to soccer, but that's another topic.

My favorite kit thus far is the new white kit with the red arms.

My suggestion would be: Either red and white or red and grey not all 3 or flipping between the white and grey as secondary colours.

The current set of kits is very similar to Aresnal's primary, but I really like them. Sticking to the 1 colour shirt with off colour sleeves would be cool if you ask me.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Don't mean to throw you off or anything like that (LOVE the work, BTW), but....

.... this is an existing team that can (and will) one day enter 'the Majors'....

Agreed, and maybe 2021 will bring the league to 30. We'll see. I left a lot out and added a few that are highly improbable just to get things a bit creative.

2014 Part 1:

DC United updates their set, changing crests and kits. The dark kit is now a dark red instead of black, both kits have the iconic three stripes across the chest of United kits of the past. The crest is updated from a previous all-star game logo.

Picture59-1.png

Toronto FC slightly updates their logo, simplifying it and moving the maple leaf from top to bottom. The kits use grey in place of white. The primary kit being red and grey, a center stripe ending in a maple leaf. The change kit is entirely grey, save the Canadian flag and the TFC crest. The shoulders of each are supposed to give a slight 'T' feel to the kit, mirroring the crest and the city flag.

Picture62.png

One more team update coming in 2014, nearly finished.

Archived