MLS by 2020

mcrosby

I've been on a semi-hiatus due to school lately. Last semester and all!

I actually considered changing Toronto FC to Toronto Metros FC, and adding some Croatian checkers to the logo/kit to honor the past. I'm still tempted, but I feel like TFC is a very popular name, and changing that might come to some anger of TFC fans.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually considered changing Toronto FC to Toronto Metros FC, and adding some Croatian checkers to the logo/kit to honor the past. I'm still tempted, but I feel like TFC is a very popular name, and changing that might come to some anger of TFC fans.

That would be really cool. You should do that

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

While I'm not crazy about copycat Euro-brands, TFC does like a natural. However, this being North America, sports teams from the high-school level to the pros have official team names. When I suggested a return to the Blizzard name, I also included "FC". In other words, Toronto Blizzard FC. Even Toronto Metros FC sounds great. TFC fans should take note that while their team has yet to make an MLS playoff appearance after 5 years and are currently 0-7-0, the Metros-Croatia won Soccer Bowl '76, the first major soccer championship for a Canadian-based team. The Blizzard(same franchise) were Soccer Bowl finalists in the NASL's last two seasons before moving on to the Canadian Soccer League. And their primary colour was red. Vancouver has the Whitecaps, Montreal has the Impact, and Toronto should have the Metros or Blizzard. The unofficial "Reds" name belongs to Liverpool.

While I'm not crazy about copycat Euro-brands, TFC does like a natural. However, this being North America, sports teams from the high-school level to the pros have official team names. When I suggested a return to the Blizzard name, I also included "FC". In other words, Toronto Blizzard FC. Even Toronto Metros FC sounds great. TFC fans should take note that while their team has yet to make an MLS playoff appearance after 5 years and are currently 0-7-0, the Metros-Croatia won Soccer Bowl '76, the first major soccer championship for a Canadian-based team. The Blizzard(same franchise) were Soccer Bowl finalists in the NASL's last two seasons before moving on to the Canadian Soccer League. And their primary colour was red. Vancouver has the Whitecaps, Montreal has the Impact, and Toronto should have the Metros or Blizzard. The unofficial "Reds" name belongs to Liverpool.

I'm on board with you, I never liked the TFC name even if I support the !@#$@$^! team to death.

I understand why they would back away from adding the "Croatia" part to the name as that's too specifically aimed at one group of people, but I always thought that Metros was a good name. Blizzards is a significant name, historically of course, but I feel the name Metros suits a big city like Toronto better.

Either way, tapping into the history of Toronto Soccer is a great idea. I wish TFC would do that.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I'm on board with you, I never liked the TFC name even if I support the !@#$@$^! team to death.

I understand why they would back away from adding the "Croatia" part to the name as that's too specifically aimed at one group of people, but I always thought that Metros was a good name. Blizzards is a significant name, historically of course, but I feel the name Metros suits a big city like Toronto better.

Either way, tapping into the history of Toronto Soccer is a great idea. I wish TFC would do that.

And I'm on board with you as well. I would go with Toronto Metros FC first and then Toronto Blizzard FC second. The Metros-Croatia was a merger between two clubs and I, too, don't like it when a club caters to one group or demographic. Like Vancouver, Toronto is very multicultural and an official team name will do wonders for Toronto's soccer fan base. Just as long as the primary colour is red. For example, if TFC were renamed the Blizzard, the club's supporters groups can still refer to the team as the "Reds", just like the Maple Leafs are the "Buds" and the Montreal Canadiens are the "Habs".

Just the start:

Picture23-2.png

I wanted to stick with the City Hall, and use the shape of it to represent the Toronto flag, instead of using it as an M as previously done by the Toronto Metros. I've been at a standstill at this point so I'm looking for ideas.

Clever.

I like the idea the Metros-Croatia had, using the maple leaf as the crest's shape. Maybe that's an element you can use?

• 4 weeks later...

Whether it's gonna be 2020 or 2030/2040 doesn't matter, your work is cool!

There are so many fantastic logo upgrades in your overall concepts. I especially like those were you "fused" together the current club logos with the respective MLS All Star Logos from that city. They now have fantastic local nods, which as you have shown, can beautifully integrated into current logos.

Looking forward to further designs of this concept series.

Tis true. capcanuck will be handling the jerseys and I the logos.

This is due in part to time constraints on my end and also because I love his jersey renderings. Our combined talents and creative ideas should really get some creative kits for you guys to see. We'll be starting a new thread so keep your eyes open.

Something I just noticed on the front page: shouldn't Ft. Lauderdale be marked as an expansion team?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Question:

After that game, does your plan involve promoting Cal FC to MLS?

I agree with mcrosby on this one its possible. I do have a plan that would work for them as a fauxback but other than that no

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

• 1 year later...

This is an amazing thread. I just came across it and have to say it's bang on. Beautifully rendered crests and some nice kits too. Though I'm not a fan of the TFC kits. Looking forward to the rest of this thread series....

Hopefully it doesn't fade away.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived