Spartans

rockngoalie1

So I've been working on this Spartan logo for a fantasy team and I can't decide if i like it better with a face or not, let alone if it's strong enough to stand alone.

Any C&C would be more than welcome!

Screenshot2012-04-22at93539PM.png

The helmet and face are really good. You might want to bring out the bristles on the brush atop the helmet more to give it some depth.

FsQiF2W.png

the face looks out of place.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

So is it too detail oriented, too realistic? What are ways to make it more sport-y?

You need some more stroke in your lines to exaggerate the features & something in the top of the helmet to give some depth like spearhead said.

I would through some gold in the brush part.

Two biggest issues I see:

- You're seeing the helmet at a 3/4 view, but the bristles and the face are shown in profile. Rotate the angle of the bristles and the face to match the helmet and give it more depth.

- The helmet you've drawn looks much more Roman than Spartan. Google "roman helmet" and "spartan helmet" and you'll see what I mean.

Archived