New Quebec Nordiques concept

bleuet

Howdy,

Here's for you a new Quebec Nordiques concept. This is a joint QcFan/bleuet work.

Elements to know:

- The snowy owl is an emblem of the province of Quebec

- Quebec city, one of the only city in North america with fortifications

- City was founded by the kingdom of France, which colors at the time of foundation were blue and gold

- The lys, emblem of the province

- The shield reminds the medieval caracter of the city

6954388428_834f9a8be5_b.jpg

See www.zonenordiques.com for more concepts/news

All for pure fun of making concepts...

Thanks for your attention.

I like the set overall, and I really like the alternate. The only thing I'm not sure about is the striping on the arms on the home and road. Maybe go with a more traditional striping pattern? I realize that the castle in Quebec is very iconic, believe me I do, I've been there, but I think that on the hem is more than enough. All in all, pretty good set.

One does not simply beat the Buffalo Sabres... oh wait.

Of your three designs, the alternate is the most successful. The crest it uses is the best of the three, and the sleeve designs are unique, and create a lot of interest.

The primary you used on the other uniforms are way too busy, and the imagery of the owl and the citadel is too much together. Stick with the citadel theme, experient with swapping the colours and creating a white version.

I like the fleur-de-owl, but the puck seems like a throw-in and isn't really necessary. The own could probably use a little more shading around the head to make it noticeable, too.

I like the ramparts on the bottom of the home and road, but the sleeves don't match it at all style-wise. Either go for a simple stripe, no stripes at all, or continue the hem-style ramparts onto the sleeves.

I've also got a pet peeve about the overuse of double-blue. If it weren't for what the Jets/Panthers/Thrashers/Penguins have done in the last 3 or so years, it probably wouldn't look too bad, but going back to just the unique Nordique blue would probably work better for your concept. I don't think it'd be unreasonable to only use the navy as a logo colour, and not on the jerseys at all (like the Blackhawks with their feather colours).

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I think some parts of the uniform are a bit too much, however I like your idea of a new Nordiques' logo, and your attempt to blend all the elements of Quebec together. It needs some tweaking, but I feel the execution is there.

As I mentioned in KyleMakesConcepts yesterday, I strongly feel the Nordiques' blue need to be lighter or brighter, or at least incorporate that lighter shade, similar the OHL Mississauga St-Michael's Majors.

Other than colouer, I really like your concept!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived