New Purdue logo

dwboiler

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That loses the whole sense of motion the current (soon to be former?) one has.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As a Purdue fan, I like this. Looks like the Old Gold has been modified, although the athletics teams have been using a version of Beige/Vegas Gold for quite a while now.

I don't like the way the low perspective on this version distorts the train. Also, I'm almost afraid to say it, but the steam cloud looks vaguely phallic.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I don't like the way the low perspective on this version distorts the train. Also, I'm almost afraid to say it, but the steam cloud looks vaguely phallic.

Really? I don't see that...

I think you're just looking for a penis in everything. It's not there. If it is, the person who drew that and thinks that what a penis looks like should go get some medical attention immediatly...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Really? I don't see that...

I think you're just looking for a penis in everything. It's not there. If it is, the person who drew that and thinks that what a penis looks like should go get some medical attention immediatly...

I'm 44. My days of looking for a penis in everything ended about 25 years ago.

That said, I highly doubt there was any intent to draw something that looked like a penis. However, the end result looks vaguely (and unnecessarily) like one.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

578480_10150713867703129_45646373128_9723819_210979577_n.jpg

Meh. Not a bad idea, but as Buc said, a sense of motion like the now-former train had is lacking. It looks as if it's just sitting there. The steam doesn't even really look like steam, either. Certainly a downgrade, which makes the change quite unfortunate because I thought the now-former train was one of the better logos in college. Bummed to see it go in favor of this one.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I just noticed that the cow catcher on the old logo was so messed up. It is too far to the left. It's not even centered with the smokestack and the shield on the front, and since it would stick out in front of them, it should actually have been slightly to the right of their center line.

As for the new one, I hate the font and the smoke looks weird.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I posted a few months back that Purdue was another team to have a TBD instead of a logo on the logo t-shirts in the nike catalog. I guess this is it.

6966568652_2a66f4fdf1_o.jpg

what nike catolog is this? Care to share it

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

I posted a few months back that Purdue was another team to have a TBD instead of a logo on the logo t-shirts in the nike catalog. I guess this is it.

6966568652_2a66f4fdf1_o.jpg

what nike catolog is this? Care to share it

It is the catalog nike sends to shops that focus on collegiate apparel for specific schools. I no longer have it in my possession.

Archived