New Purdue logo

dwboiler

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both have flaws, but the new one doesn't really say train to me, even though I know that's what it's supposed to be. IMO, that's a problem. It only makes sense in the context of, "Hey, that says Purdue, so that must be a train" or familiarity with what it's replacing.

Certainly better than the current one. None of the Purdue stuff I've bought has the train on it, I just can't stand that logo. The 'action P' logo is great, though. The athletic teams use it a lot more than the train I think this will do alright, looks more menacing.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

it's horrible. As a Purdue fan, I can't believe they are still trying to do these "modernizations". They should have stopped trying after Cabbage Patch "Purdue Pete" was introduced and then quickly pulled back off the stage.

7116505429_db8dc60a39_b.jpg

it's horrible. As a Purdue fan, I can't believe they are still trying to do these "modernizations". They should have stopped trying after Cabbage Patch "Purdue Pete" was introduced and then quickly pulled back off the stage.

I think you Purdue fans need to relax. The new Purdue Pete was a significant upgrade (well, maybe not the wardrobe) and at the very least, no one had any "Chucky" nightmares about the new Pete... because he actually looked capable of blinking.

Certainly better than the current one. None of the Purdue stuff I've bought has the train on it, I just can't stand that logo. The 'action P' logo is great, though. The athletic teams use it a lot more than the train I think this will do alright, looks more menacing.

Nice to have all of the Purdue fans here...

...I'm a West Side grad myself.

(Dad's a Professor Emeritus from the Krannert School of Management.)

Nice to have all of the Purdue fans here...

...I'm a West Side grad myself.

(Dad's a Professor Emeritus from the Krannert School of Management.)

Haha, no way! I'm a student at Krannert right now. Crazy.

Looking at that high res version of the logo, I like it A LOT more. It does a great job of shifting the perspective over. I'm really happy with this.

Also, that new Purdue Pete was just awful, from every angle. The face is ridiculous. It loses all the persona that the current one has. It was rightfully scrapped.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Also, that new Purdue Pete was just awful, from every angle. The face is ridiculous. It loses all the persona that the current one has. It was rightfully scrapped.

What does the current one have that is so great? No offense, but the old/current one looks like he's in the middle of being molested.

What does the current one have that is so great? No offense, but the old/current one looks like he's in the middle of being molested.

Well, mainly the face. It's a cartoony take on a human. It's a unique mascot. I would hate for them to turn to yet another furby/muppet mascot like every other school. What I like about Pete is the fact that its a guy, and you can tell that. I don't want my mascot to be something completely intangible and inhuman, I'd rather it represent the students, which it does.

sigpurp.png

Well, mainly the face. It's a cartoony take on a human. It's a unique mascot. I would hate for them to turn to yet another furby/muppet mascot like every other school. What I like about Pete is the fact that its a guy, and you can tell that. I don't want my mascot to be something completely intangible and inhuman, I'd rather it represent the students, which it does.

Different opinions I guess. I don't like it when mascots heads differ from the body.... It's even worse when the head is non-human but the body is (I think K-State is that way). Anyway, the fiberglass heads have always freaked me out. Oklahoma State's Pistol Pete may be worse.

Mascots aren't about representing the students. They are about representing the school to kids.

For comparison, here's the old one:

v09xq9u6a1vi6k0xz1ku.gif

I like the front-on orientation, but the steam looks very strange in the new one.

Now that I look at it more closely I can see a number of details that seem annoyingly off angle, which is making me love the new logo even more.

Total non sequitur but when I was maybe 5 years old, my dad took me to see Boston College play against Purdue, and I asked him "Dad, what's the other team called?" and he told me they were the Purdue Chickens. I always remembered that, but didn't get it for maybe 5 years afterwards.

Anyway, to stay on track (lol), I, like Powersurge like the new logo the more I see the old one. I always dug the old one, but now that I look closely, it's not very good. The new one's a winner in my book.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived