• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Louisville Rivermen

Louisville, KY

SOUTHERN DIVISION

66ycQce.png

This one is going to seem like a logo recycle for those of you who followed my NHL series... but it's not really. This logo set was originally developed for this series, but when it was put on the back burner, I ended up tweaking it and reusing it for the Norfolk Admirals in the NHL Super League series. Regardless, some of you may have seen this identity before, so there's not too much to add here.

Colors are light blue, dark blue, and orange. The cap logo is an L with wave beneath, the sleeve patch is the riverman's head, and here's a closer look at the wordmarks.

yW8h2qO.png

Rst5Wpu.png

9SvPadg.png

zA7MYqx.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• 1 month later...

So... I kept getting busier and busier, so these never got posted. But I'm going to throw them all out now. Very little descriptions or explanations, for which I apologize, but I've avoided doing this for far too long.

Portland Beacons

Portland, ME

NORTHERN DIVISION

Sbxnkoy.png

I was never particularly happy with this one.

Colors are light blue, dark blue, and orange. Way too similar to Louisville, probably. The cap logo is the P with the ball-in-wave. Wordmarks are here.

crXaE8b.png

NSx49Nn.png

Q2J9Sez.png

0Iex6I3.png

Wow. Beautiful work dg.

My only criticism would be with the Portland "P".

It's a little busy, so it doesn't come across easily as a "P".

Yes, the Heron is very nice (it's got a lot of great 'movement' to it )...

...But my fave is the "Patriotes".

I love that "loaded brush" script !

The "Patriotes" and "Quebec" scripts are both gorgeous, and that Herons logo may be the best I've seen in 4 1/2 years on these boards. I love that the beak/neck forms a seam on the ball (assuming that was intentional), and as sparky said, it has great movement. When I see it I think of a curveball or a slider.

That Heron logo is fantastic. Really clever use of space. It has a Hurricane feel to it as well which would be perfect for the Miami Hurricanes. It looks like you're working with all circles except the top left portion of the logo where the circle flattens out. If you altered that one area to be circular, it'd be perfect. Really one of the best concepts I've seen.

Sioux Falls Threshers

Sioux Falls, SD

CENTRAL DIVISION

XR71Phb.png

A lot going on here... maybe too much. Colors are gold, navy, red, and wheat. The cap logo is an SF monogram with wheat in front. The alternate logo/sleeve patch is basically reworked elements from other parts of the identity. A closer view of the marks.

fF1ZBp2.png

5A8FyXa.png

qozSaB9.png

khgUblW.png

And thanks to everyone who's still following this! We're almost done.

Spokane Marauders

Spokane, WA

WESTERN DIVISION

gDMcrVD.png

Reworked logo here; the base of this was originally used for an old Montreal Wanderers concept of mine. But I came up with the nickname and wolf imagery first, so I thought it fit well. Colors are forest green, blue, and gray. The lettering is supposed to evoke mountain peaks. Cap logo is a simple S. Wordmarks here.

dzHOtwx.png

m5Z0oom.png

dnLQ0hp.png

uUYw9V0.png

Springfield Mules

Springfield, MO

CENTRAL DIVISION

4JNr3GA.png

I enjoyed this one. I liked that Missouri's state mammal is the Missouri Mule, and it seemed like such an original nickname. Colors are light blue, chocolate, and dirty gray. The cap logo is the S, and the sleeve patch uses crossed bats, a shoe, and a monogram set within a diamond. Wordmarks.

q987hes.png

7KQbFi2.png

Atx0uGH.png

n7uxLwT.png

Tucson Flames

Tucson, AZ

WESTERN DIVISION

ZXa5uOJ.png

The last one! Obvious nickname; colors are orange, wine, and gold. The cap logo is the stylized T. Nothing special, but here are the wordmarks.

KjT9r33.png

pIortsb.png

Kz0qC6d.png

fBags1Z.png

So that's it. Thanks to you who followed this series. I apologize that it took two years from start to finish and that there were so many lulls. I hope it's been worth it!

Archived