Continental Independent Baseball League: the Expansion

dgnmrwrw

My favorites are in the second set, second from the top on the right column and second from the top on the middle column. Like I said, your script was good, it just needed to be less tilted and thinner. Very impressed at the amount of work put in here, and looking forward to New Orleans (Cajun theme?)

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get both of these. I think I was determined to work each color in the palette into the wordmarks and numbers, and it came out with a double-tone bevel and an outline to accommodate each color. But I do think it might be too much, so I'll go back and try other options. But do you think the cap logo needs to be reworked as well? Or does it need to "match" the chest style at all to make a consistent look/identity?

I think if you wanted to you could keep the cap N beveled, it's fine, not necessary, but fine. It's mainly the numbers and wordmarks in my opinion that don't need to be all fancy with highlights. It would still be consistent enough throughout the whole look.

Here's a look at a potential home uniform update:

uni_home2.png

I think this is the best solution I found for the wordmark/numerals problem, at least with relation to color balance. I debated making the back numbers match the front ones (light blue with a gray outline), but I really thought I needed some more orange in there. Thoughts?

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I'm still reading the wordmark as "Cirays". This is why the "G" in the San Francisco Giants' script wordmark has a tail.

I still don't see it. To me, for this to be the case the 'I' would have to come into and actually overtake the bottom stroke of the 'C'. Add to that there's no dot over the 'I' and the back-flowing horizontal stroke from the end of the 'G'... But if it turns out other people see the same thing, I'll certainly go back and reevaluate it.

But here's the complete new set, for comments:

uni_home2.png

uni_home_alt2.png

uni_road2.png

uni_road_alt2.png

New Orleans Bullfrogs

New Orleans, LA

logo_prim.png

Sorry, no overt "Creole" theme. The Bullfrogs' primary logo is pretty straight forward. The color palette is green, yellow, and navy blue. The cap logo is the stylized 'B' from the wordmark--any combination of 'N' and 'O' always seemed to me to read as 'NO'. The alternate logo/sleeve patch is another circular logo featuring the stylized B paired with the three fleurs-des-lis from the New Orleans city flag.

Fairly standard uniforms, white at home with green sleeves (along with a script wormark) and gray on the road. I do wish I had the opportunity to use the custom typeface I created more (for example, on the uniform wordmarks), but I really liked the style and flow of the scripts. A more detailed look at the wordmarks.

uni_home.png

uni_home_alt.png

uni_road.png

uni_road_alt.png

First, the Nashville update looks great. I like the white script on the home alt, and I can see how you could see "Cirays" in the script, but you really have to look for it and I think it looks fine.

On New Orleans, a very creative set. Your logo design stands out, as usual. While I was expecting a Creole/Cajun theme here, this really works too. The one thing I would do is work on the road alt jersey. Personally what I would do is make it a navy jersey, the reason being that your home alt is already green. If you are set on a green jersey, your current design needs more contrast. The navy-on-green is kind of hard to read and doesn't stand out like your home alt. Other than that, great job.

Cohenj.png

For the Grays, if you really want to keep the G as-is, then drop the stroke between the G and the r.

I can't make out what part of the frog there is above the g in the main logo. I bet you could drop whatever that bit is altogether, it will look cleaner.

rATMcmK.png

Here's a look at some road jerseys with navy blue as the dominant color:

uni_road2.png

uni_road_alt2.png

I have to say I think it works fine as a road alternate, but I'm less happy with the standard road jersey. I think I'd really prefer that green stay the dominant color there. Thoughts?

The navy is really sharp, especially for the alternate, I do think the green number pops more on the navybackground. But the green jerseys are just more unique.

Great stuff as usual. I cannot way for you to finish since I am using the teams, divisions and colors/logos in my ficitional iOOTP league. Hope you don't mind, it's for personal consumption only. This stuff is so good it just deserves to come to life :)

I agree with you, dgnmrwrw. I prefer your original standard road jersey to the navy-dominant one. I like the navy road alt better than the green one though, I would use it. I think it looks better and IMO there's no reason to have two alternates of the same color.

Cohenj.png

First off I want to say that I absolutely love your work on this league. I think your logos are fantastic and I love the idea of one of these startup leagues. In fact, I have a few ideas of my own. However, I am fairly new to this topic and am practically clueless on how to actually make logos like these. If you don't mind me asking, how did you create these awesome logos and uniforms? Is it on some sort of program? Sorry if I sound stupid, but I'm just sick of having to draw them by hand. If anyone else has a good way of making them you can answer too.

First off I want to say that I absolutely love your work on this league. I think your logos are fantastic and I love the idea of one of these startup leagues. In fact, I have a few ideas of my own. However, I am fairly new to this topic and am practically clueless on how to actually make logos like these. If you don't mind me asking, how did you create these awesome logos and uniforms? Is it on some sort of program? Sorry if I sound stupid, but I'm just sick of having to draw them by hand. If anyone else has a good way of making them you can answer too.

Get illustrator and spend some time on youtube watching tutorials or if you have the time take a intro class at your local community college.

sportslogosbutton1.pngsportslogosbutton2.png

2l9mudh.jpg

Sorry for the delay! (It's been a busy week!)

I agree with you, dgnmrwrw. I prefer your original standard road jersey to the navy-dominant one. I like the navy road alt better than the green one though, I would use it. I think it looks better and IMO there's no reason to have two alternates of the same color.

In the end, I think I agree with this. So I've changed the New Orleans set to include the navy road alternate. Next team up shortly.

Norfolk Dominion

Norfolk, VA

logo_prim.png

This one's a little different. The Dominion's name is derived from Virginia's nickname (The Old Dominion) and the imagery from the state seal. The primary logo is a bit odd in terms of composition, and it may not be working. I have an in-progress, clean circular logo, but I was trying to avoid getting stuck in a rut with the circular logos. The color palette is red, soft gold, and dark blue. The cap logo is an N flanked by two stars (a repeating theme throughout the identity). The alternate logo/sleeve patch is simply the shield.

Fairly plain uniforms, but with a slightly (at least for baseball) striping pattern. The road uniforms have a slight tint from the soft gold color. The home alternate cap uses the shield logo. A more detailed look at the wordmarks.

Full Disclosure: Since doing this one, I've sold this logo (and a few others to come) to someone, but he's been nice enough to let me keep posting the originals.

uni_home.png

uni_home_alt.png

uni_road.png

uni_road_alt.png

Archived