Continental Independent Baseball League: the Expansion

dgnmrwrw

Wichita reminds me of the old Jays look. Like everything except the alternate logo for the Aces. The diamond logo just doesn't work for a team with all the other suits in the main logo. Perhaps the 4 cards themselves as the secondary?

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billings Geotherms
Billings, MT

cvhgSOm.png

This identity is a stylized take on the geysers, hot springs, etc. from the Yellowstone area. Colors are dark blue, lavender, and turquoise. The primary logo features a spurting geyser in from of mountains and sky, all framed by a baseball field-shaped shield. The "spurting" pattern is repeated on the uniform striping. The cap logo is a B with the geyser spurting through the negative spaces. Here's a bigger look at the wordmarks.

xFuL5jW.png

pCHF7Dh.png

Y6ZYVZE.png

mk3aRVC.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

This is a very unique yet appropriate name. I really like the way you did the sky in the primary to give it an atmosphere and depth over the mountains, but given the colors and the way you stylized the geysers, I'm getting more of a candy cane/lollipop feel from it than any water.

The shading on the water is what's throwing me off.

That's what- She

Wichita Bombers

Wichita, KS

Njr3DsY.png

I like how you break down some pretty complex shadowing into the most basic shapes.

The bomber is very simple, yet well rendered.

Nice job.

Billings Geotherms

Billings, MT

cvhgSOm.png

I see jaha's point on the geysers, but other than that, the colours, logo shape, and font are all very effective.

I'm not feeling the name Geotherms. Why not Geysers? Springers, maybe? I could imagine a Springer spaniel costumed mascot. And I think a cooler shade of purple, moving it away from the red part of the spectrum, would better sell the idea of water.

rATMcmK.png

Thanks for following, and for the comments. I intentionally tried to make the Geotherms logo/style very abstract, but I acknowledge issues with the rendering of the water spout that affect its readability. Hopefully I'll find time to update all of these one day!

But continuing in the spirit of just throwin' all this old work out there, here are the...

Calgary Rams
Calgary, AB

eiQlux8.png

I went with a much simpler, more classic look here. The colors are red and soft gold. The swooping strokes on some of the letterforms are meant to evoke the look of horns. The cap logo is a simple C, and the road uniforms' base color isn't gray; it has a slight gold tint. The stand-alone ram's head logo is the sleeve patch. Here's a closer look at the wordmarks.

cdNfYhJ.png

DLIyXZB.png

4MIlSSi.png

1OHi4kM.png

Charleston Corsairs
Charleston, SC

ApogIoB.png

Pretty self-explanatory theme here. Colors are purple, yellow, and black. The alternate logo, a sweeping pirate flag with bats for the bones, is used as the sleeve patch. The type features a lot of those same sweeping, curving strokes. The cap logo is the stylized C, and here's a look at the wordmarks.

c3HUvfM.png

gfrQUYc.png

JiH3eVJ.png

bls7fOk.png

dgnmrwrw, can I ask what is it with the similar font style for the majority of them teams? Besides that, all the new teams look great. I love Calgary.

I think I understand what you're getting at... there are certain themes that repeat in the type styles of many of the teams in this series. But I created custom type for 40 baseball teams, and I think that apparent repetition will happen. My goal with the type was to do interesting things and not simply slap MLB block numbers on everything, and I think I've done an okay job with that. To demonstrate my point, here's a grid showing the numbers for all of the teams in the series (including the ones I've not yet posted). I think there's a nice variety.

kw5xkGM.png

Copyrights on these new ones say 2012. Otherwise, your usual fantastic work.

This is because I finished this work, and created the final .png files, waaaay back then. I'm just posting them now.

Colorado Springs Voltage
Colorado Springs, CO

lUqcIZy.png

This is one of the concepts that vexed me. Colors are electric green, dark blue, and yellow. I feel like the primary logo needs... something. But I really want to move on and post everything, so I'm gonna throw this one out and take all of your feedback regarding the primary.

The gradient you see would be, in a perfect world, a color-changing fabric or stitching. Depending on how the light hit it, it would change from white to yellow. The cap logo is a "CS" monogram. The sleeve patch is just the baseball with the "voltage" bursts. The wordmarks.

s3Z2jX8.png

LX2ihr5.png

GUeV6Ur.png

b8W6XnF.png

Archived