Continental Independent Baseball League: the Expansion

dgnmrwrw

Well, I looked at some tweaks for the Mechanics, most notably eliminating a color (brown, or possibly orange), but none of the changes really worked that well. And, despite my fears about it being too complicated, the overall concept seemed to get good reviews, so I suppose I'll be leaving it as is. Thanks to everyone who commented.

Next team up a bit later.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hartford Warriors

Hartford, CT

logo_prim.png

The Warriors' colors are navy, yellow, and red. Very simple, geometric overall look here, and the primary logo features the wordmark, set above a stylized baseball and crossed arrows. The cap logo is a simple stylized H. The alternate logo/sleeve patch is a stylized W with a baseball diamond and arrows. I had looked at doing an alternate logo with a Pequot chief, but it was a little too Redskins-y for my tastes, and I decided to keep the entire package focused on stylized elements instead of human forms.

I wanted the Warriors to have a more old-school feel to the uniforms. So the home uniform is cream colored and has down-the-shoulder, paired blue/red/yellow striping. The home alternate is blue, but I did try a red alternate, which I really like the look of, though I'm not sure it fits the conservativeness of the rest of the package. The road uniforms are (slightly reddish) gray, and use the same striping pattern as the homes. A more detailed look at the home and road wordmarks.

uni_home.png

uni_home_alt.png

uni_road.png

uni_road_alt.png

I like how the script is 2 different colors. Kind of like gradients. I like how you kept this one simple. Simple yet effective. Anyway, like the set. Keep up the good work.

This. Something about the numbers doesn't really sit right with me so perhaps applying the two tone coloring here could give the set a little more life. There isn't much to improve on so good job.

Midway.png

I really like the Hartford Warriors.

The logo is super awesome.

And I'm lovin the colors. I'm not sure if you did this on purpose, but they are close the Connecticut Sun's. And I like that.

I live in Connecticut and would definitely love to see these be used in a game. Great Job!

I live in Hartford and I want to see the Rock Cats change their name, move to Hartford, and wear these RIGHT NOW! Also, really like the red alt, and I don't think it would look too non-traditional.

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right"

- Fran Tarkenton

"Our analysts have opinions"

- ESPN

ScreenShot2012-07-02at95648PM.png

I know Im a little late commenting on Green Bay, but as usual you did a fantastic job rendering a metalic looking wrench and the whole logo is sharp. It does look very minor-league-ish, but maybe that's what you were going for, and in that case, you succeeded. Seeing the stictching in that sliver of space under the wordmark and above the wrench bothers me a little. It just looks like cluttered detail that could easily be eliminated for the sake of a keeping the logo clean, even if in reality the stitching would be visible there. Another thing that always bothers me, and this is not necessarily something that is wrong, just a preference, is excessive outlines on the lettering of wordmarks of jerseys, which I feel Green Bay's jerseys have.

I really like the Warriors logo and I especially like the jersey striping. Very cool. The logo looks like a baseball logo should. Nice job.

Thanks for the comments so far, guys.

@Midway: I didn't do the tonal effect on the numerals because I thought it might be overkill, especially when I wanted to keep this one more simple/traditional. But I'll check it out.

@jaha: You've got a point about the outlines/complexity of the jersey wordmarks. I did them that way for two reasons: First, it looked mismatched to have the very complex logos, but simple marks; and second, it fit the whole "layered/constructed" motif I mentioned earlier. That idea (and my earlier comments regarding it) also goes to your other point about some of the odd/unnecessary spaces in the primary logo. But you're at least the second person to mention it now, so I think I'll be going back and re-examining that logo (and probably the entire concept) before it's all said and done.

I didn't really see anything regarding the red home alternate. Anyone have a preference between it and the current blue one? (I'd prefer not to include both.)

I would go with that golden yellow color as the home alt, just to see what it looks like. Im not against the blue alt by any means, I just feel like 2 jerseys that are the same color are overkill.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

• 2 weeks later...

I would go with that golden yellow color as the home alt, just to see what it looks like. Im not against the blue alt by any means, I just feel like 2 jerseys that are the same color are overkill.

I looked at this, but its was just too... yellow. There haven't been any other comments, so I'll hold off on a decision between the red and blue home alternate jersey options. I'd really love to hear more opinions regarding that. But for now, it looks like it's time to move on.

Indianapolis Guardians

Indianapolis, IN

logo_prim.png

This one went through several iterations of nicknames and logos I just couldn't work out. In the end, I focused on the torch from the Indiana state flag, and sort of developed the nickname "Guardians" around that imagery. The Guardians' colors are orange, blue, and yellow. (The blue and yellow also come from the flag.) It's a bit of a different combination, but I like the way it works. The overall look features lots of angular forms and beveling with highlights and shadows; and the primary logo features the wordmark set above a stylized torch and stars, with a 19-pointed burst (Indiana was the 19th state). The cap logo is G wrapped around the torch, forming a loose IG monogram. The alternate logo/sleeve patch is the torch set above an outline of Indiana, with a star placed over Indianapolis.

The Guardians' unis feature sharp, angular striping over the shoulders and on the pants. (The idea was to mimic the beveled look, with the brighter yellow in the bright parts--the "front"--and the darker blue in the shadows--the back, and down into the armpits. The home jersey is white, and the home alternate is orange, with the cap logo and numerals on the chest. The road uniforms are gray, and there's an orange road alternate jersey. A more detailed look at the home and road wordmarks.

uni_home.png

uni_home_alt.png

uni_road.png

uni_road_alt.png

Everything looks good. If there's anything that needs addressing in my opinino, it'd be the interlocking G and torch logo. Just the way the orange bevel highlights on the G blend together with the orange highlights of the torch, but it's still a good looking cap logo regardless. The torch over the state logo also looks good.

I appreciate the two people who posted... but it seems like responses and interest in this series are dwindling. Is anyone interested in me completing this? Or should I just post all the work and call it quits?

No, we're interested in you continuing on. Your work is so good that people don't really comment, they quietly admire. Plus remember it's the summertime. It seems like activity dies down around here at this time.

Please continue.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

No, we're interested in you continuing on. Your work is so good that people don't really comment, they quietly admire. Plus remember it's the summertime. It seems like activity dies down around here at this time.

Please continue.

I couldn't agree more, it's not a lack of interest. You're work is amazing, and I think people may not comment as much because there isn't really anything to improve upon or suggest. In fact, my only suggestion would be to darken the blue a bit, as it looks sort of like purple on my screen. Seriously, don't stop, you're one of the most talented artists on this board.

spacer.png

I appreciate the two people who posted... but it seems like responses and interest in this series are dwindling. Is anyone interested in me completing this? Or should I just post all the work and call it quits?

No, keep going. I can't wait to see what the Salt Lake-based (Utah _____?) team looks like, personally.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived