The End of New Jersey Nets Basketball

sportsfan0518

That's laughable. I highly doubt there's many (if any) Nets fans south of Trenton. They were a New York metro team that called themselves New Jersey to try and get some loyalty from the North Jersey fans who would otherwise be loyal to the Knicks. It's not like a basketball fan from Marlton is going to be a season ticket holder for a team in the northern part of the state (not that it's that far, but it's a totally different market and not exactly "local".)As for your sig, F U. Nobody gives a S about your memories. You're just being a jerk by putting all that crap there and filling up people's screens. A holes like you are who is going to ruin it for everyone, and eventually cause for even more restrictions to be put on sigs.

Vet, if you are trying to start a flame war with me, please stop. You made your point valid about New Jersey's fan base. However even though it is just one fan, I will say that my cousin who lives in Cherry Hill is a die hard Nets fan like me. Cherry Hill is in South Jersey, but like I said and it is just one fan who does not take up a majority of the Southern Jersey population. If no one gives a S about my memories, than what is wrong with threads posting about sports memories. On those threads, everybody cares about everyones memories. Here, this is a thread celebrating New Jersey Nets basketball and people are free to post their memories of the former franchise. I don't know why you are even posting here, since you have nothing positive to say about the New Jersey Nets nor myself. Besides, I know my sig is larger than the average sig, and I am okay with that. A majority of the people on this board do not care for my sig's size. If you think my sig is large, it does not make a difference because many threads post huge images that take up a ton of space on MY NETBOOK. That's right I have the smallest laptop anyone can have, a netbook. I am very sorry you have a problem with it, and I will try to resize some images on it. But I like everyone else, have a right to express my views and the majority of the people here accept them, just like I accept theres. Thanks!

The Nets were never accepted in Jersey. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I hate to say it, but the Devils are not really accepted in Jersey that much as well. As great as Devils fans are (trust me I know), they have always been in the bottom half when it comes to attendance since 2001.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

The NBA blows anyway...

A neither really have the Devils.

Moreso than the Nets...

And the Devils have a solid core fanbase that the Nets never had.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The NBA blows anyway...

A neither really have the Devils.

Moreso than the Nets...

And the Devils have a solid core fanbase that the Nets never had.

That is very true. The Devils fans are very loud and passionate whereas most people who attended Nets gams (a lot just came to see another team or just to see a basketball game) were too scared to cheer most times throughout the game. Especially after the post-Kidd era.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Archived