Some Work on the NBA

Berlin Wall

A few weeks back we had a talk about the look of the 76ers and the ones from the Iverson era in the NBA thread. I wondered how these unis would look in the traditional colours. So I replaced the black with blue and the gold with silver. Here ya go:

11bq9ux.jpg2wokfeq.jpgkd0hll.jpg2eoi4v5.jpg

Loved these jerseys!! This recolored look would be niiice!

But I agree with wonder bread (as always) regarding the home jersey. Needs a red outline around the numbers. Kinda why their current set sucks. Lack of outlines and definition.

shado_logo.gif

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed on the trim/outline on the home numbers, if not for anything else for consistency's sake. Also, I'd use the number font the Sixers used with these jerseys. I'd eliminate the black jerseys; three colored jerseys are too many and it's not the same without the gold being a part of it.

I also made a version with a red outline. I liked my firs try with the silver outlines better though.

spcjl3.jpg

The black jersey was just a try to use some black to refer to the Iverson era. You can chose weather the blue or the black version would / should be the alternate.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Not a fan of mixing iverson era with classic. Just stick to early 80s look. Those Hornets are great though.

My favorite you've done are the Rockets, and Warriors and Jazz. All 3 of those teams need to make your uniforms happen.

Have you tried a current Rockets update without going retro? Seems they are just staying with what they have now as far as identity, but maybe they will update the jerseys?

I just noticed a lot of your photos are not showing anymore, will you be re-uploading the concepts or do you have a website i can see them all?

Ok question, did you design those yellow Nuggets uniform concepts before the Nuggets released those new yellow alternates? Because if you did, they totally stole your design.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

• 6 months later...

That's an improvement, but I still think it's a bit out there for a template. I think the black one might work as an alt uni, however. Also, I don't think the Florida State font should be used elsewhere in the design world.

Yah, I thought that fits the Jurassic Park theme pretty well. :P

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Archived