Some Work on the NBA

Berlin Wall

A few weeks back we had a talk about the look of the 76ers and the ones from the Iverson era in the NBA thread. I wondered how these unis would look in the traditional colours. So I replaced the black with blue and the gold with silver. Here ya go:

11bq9ux.jpg2wokfeq.jpgkd0hll.jpg2eoi4v5.jpg

Loved these jerseys!! This recolored look would be niiice!

But I agree with wonder bread (as always) regarding the home jersey. Needs a red outline around the numbers. Kinda why their current set sucks. Lack of outlines and definition.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed on the trim/outline on the home numbers, if not for anything else for consistency's sake. Also, I'd use the number font the Sixers used with these jerseys. I'd eliminate the black jerseys; three colored jerseys are too many and it's not the same without the gold being a part of it.

I also made a version with a red outline. I liked my firs try with the silver outlines better though.

spcjl3.jpg

The black jersey was just a try to use some black to refer to the Iverson era. You can chose weather the blue or the black version would / should be the alternate.

Not a fan of mixing iverson era with classic. Just stick to early 80s look. Those Hornets are great though.

My favorite you've done are the Rockets, and Warriors and Jazz. All 3 of those teams need to make your uniforms happen.

Have you tried a current Rockets update without going retro? Seems they are just staying with what they have now as far as identity, but maybe they will update the jerseys?

I just noticed a lot of your photos are not showing anymore, will you be re-uploading the concepts or do you have a website i can see them all?

• 6 months later...

That's an improvement, but I still think it's a bit out there for a template. I think the black one might work as an alt uni, however. Also, I don't think the Florida State font should be used elsewhere in the design world.

That's an improvement, but I still think it's a bit out there for a template. I think the black one might work as an alt uni, however. Also, I don't think the Florida State font should be used elsewhere in the design world.

Yah, I thought that fits the Jurassic Park theme pretty well. :P

Archived