Rutgers New Football Uniforms

djam2410

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who loves these? Like, a lot?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I guess I can understand some of the design ideas...the sword like stripe on the leg: Knights sometimes wear their sword on their hip/leg. The silver helmet: knights' helmets are also silver.

I still don't like it though.

70389454.png

Not everyone can be Oregon!

Nike strongly disagrees. The NFL is next.

I hope you're wrong, but fear you're right. For the record I actually really like Oregon's uniforms for the most part. But a large portion of what makes them cool to me is how unique they are/were. I loved the idea of 1 and done Pro Combat uniforms also, but now Pro Combats seem pointless because even random teams (like Rutgers for example) have Pro Combats as their full time uni's now. If everyone looks unique and over the top, then no one does. If that makes sense.

90758391980.gif

? Helmet on the far right

Dislikes:

? Can't clearly see the pant stripes

? Grey numbers on white jersey (visibility issue)

? Font looks...cheap. I get the design aspect, but it looks bad from a distance.

Overall, it's a downgrade.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I strongly doubt it.

Number font is pretty cool and it fits RU pretty well. The collar (like many NFL collars) looks f'n stupid. This whole thing seems forced. Not everyone can be Oregon! RU has tried to build upon the fact that they were the first college football team, and this whole new design seems to look past that. I think comparing Rutgers' Ray Rice era uniforms to these is a good example of when less is more.

Just seems like Nike tried to do much with this one. I like the font for what it is. The rest of the look is pretty bad. Bring back red helmets.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I hope you're wrong, but fear you're right. For the record I actually really like Oregon's uniforms for the most part. But a large portion of what makes them cool to me is how unique they are/were. I loved the idea of 1 and done Pro Combat uniforms also, but now Pro Combats seem pointless because even random teams (like Rutgers for example) have Pro Combats as their full time uni's now. ]If everyone looks unique and over the top, then no one does. If that makes sense.

I love it when teams get unique looks. Does it look "Rutgers"? No, I will admit that. But Rutgers didn't have much of a brand to begin with. I honestly love everything about these (except maybe the helmet stripes). I like uniforms with inspiration, and these have them. I think I like these more than Oregon's to be honest.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Considering this is the last year of having Rutgers as one of our biggest football rivals, I'm using this as my reaction to seeing these uniforms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKm5xQyD2vE

/Watches as Nike gives Syracuse the same treatment for next season... of course unveiling them a week after NCAA 13 comes out so it catches everyone off guard

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

i happen to like these...especially the helmets. they are the scarlet knights. knights wear armor and the helmet represents that really well with the dull chrome color they use (which i could not tell the difference between that and silver until i saw the video on their webpage). if anything, im confused why they have three helmets, just pick 2 or even one.

Miami.png

Did anybody bother to look at the photo gallery and video? i dont think those three photos really do any justice to this set; it looks awkward in these pictures but much better in the rest; the helmet looks WAY better in the video, and the slideshow makes the all-white uniform look way better; the far right helmet in the video also looks AMAZING

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I think Nike just tried a little too hard on this one. A few tweaks and it would be a pretty good uniform. First, they only need one helmet if they're going to be so similar. I'd go with the striping from the helmet on the far right but with a red R and facemask. I think the jerseys are fine (really like the shield on the collar) and love the number font. They should have used red numbers on the road jerseys though. The home uniforms would look better with silver pants with the red pants going with the road jerseys. Finally, just make the stripe on the pants longer and I think it's a really good looking uniform set. So close to a great uniform, but what they missed on was pretty big.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

When did teams like Rutgers get so wealthy that they can afford 3 different helmets btw?? And the only difference between the 3 is the frickin helmet stripes! Seems like a waste of money to me. I mean c'mon, do the right thing and put that money towards a top recruit.

Its the same helmet base just different stripes, logos, and an interchangeable face mask. Gives it look of 3 helmets but in reality its the same shell with different accents so it is far more cost effective

Archived