Rutgers New Football Uniforms

djam2410

I think Nike just tried a little too hard on this one. A few tweaks and it would be a pretty good uniform. First, they only need one helmet if they're going to be so similar. I'd go with the striping from the helmet on the far right but with a red R and facemask. I think the jerseys are fine (really like the shield on the collar) and love the number font. They should have used red numbers on the road jerseys though. The home uniforms would look better with silver pants with the red pants going with the road jerseys. Finally, just make the stripe on the pants longer and I think it's a really good looking uniform set. So close to a great uniform, but what they missed on was pretty big.

Agree with all of this.

And they are pretty good uniforms. The pictures don't do them justice. The videos do a better job of showing what it looks like. The helmet base is pretty sweet. Just a couple minor changes to the helmet decals and uniforms would improve them a lot.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there some sort of dumbass nike rule that says they will make no original designs in which the jerseys and pants are different colors? IMO most of their creations would go from horrible to more or less average if they would just have some contrast between jersey and pants. The red from head to toe uniform looks EXACTLY like my 3 year old's favorite footy PJs. Cute on him, pathetic on a grown football player.

Is there some sort of dumbass nike rule that says they will make no original designs in which the jerseys and pants are different colors? IMO most of their creations would go from horrible to more or less average if they would just have some contrast between jersey and pants. The red from head to toe uniform looks EXACTLY like my 3 year old's favorite footy PJs. Cute on him, pathetic on a grown football player.

They are just showing off all the colors. Obviously these won't be the only combinations.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

They are just showing off all the colors. Obviously these won't be the only combinations.

I was thinking the same thing, but in the video, the equipment manager calls the red pants the home pants and the white ones the road pants and the black ones the special game pants.

More fricken Nike grey? Why?

Because knight armer was silver (although, they would've used grey anyway, but here they havea legitamate reason to use it).

I was thinking the same thing, but in the video, the equipment manager calls the red pants the home pants and the white ones the road pants and the black ones the special game pants.

You honestly think Nike is going to be happy with only 3 combinations?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Because knight armer was silver (although, they would've used grey anyway, but here they havea legitamate reason to use it).

From here on out, it's not Nike's place to dictate what they wear and how they wear them. They only supply the uniforms. As we've seen in the past with TCU in the Rose Bowl, the team wags Nike's tail, not the other way around.

Not always.

Besides, like you said, they would have added it anyway.

If they had limited the silver/grey/whateverNikecallsitthesedays to a trim colour that would have looked nice. The overuse of it, combined with the increased use of black, sinks the look, in my opinion.

From here on out, it's not Nike's place to dictate what they wear and how they wear them. They only supply the uniforms. As we've seen in the past with TCU in the Rose Bowl, the team wags Nike's tail, not the other way around.

I still doubt Rutgers is only going to use those three combinations.

I still doubt Rutgers is only going to use those three combinations.

I doubt they will, either, but I was just commenting that it's the team's choice, not Nike's.

They look a lot like an Under Armour uniform design.

I was going to say the same thing. The stone texture combined with the WAY over the top design elements and numeral font are very UA-ish. This is much worse than I was expecting.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Different, because they can.

Welcome to the fold, Rutgers.

Hope that twelve games gives your players time to get safely accustomed and fitted to three helmets.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Hope that twelve games gives your players time to get safely accustomed and fitted to three helmets.

Umm...all they do is switch out the decals. Each player isn't going to get three silver helmets.

Umm...all they do is switch out the decals. Each player isn't going to get three silver helmets.

The video did specify that one would be for practice and the other for games.

The video did specify that one would be for practice and the other for games.

The video I saw mentioned they'd use "red helmets" for practice. I'm not sure if those are the old red helmets used last year and prior, or if they're this year's helmets with the red decals. I'm assuming they'll use the old red helmets for practice, and switch around the decals for the game helmets based on uniform. And like Ray Rice said, a practice helmet and a game helmet is the norm in the NFL.

New uniforms....pretty much everything I expected.

And if its not overexceedingly clear by now that Nike will dig, search, poke and prod for any and every excuse they can conjure up to inject if not outright splatter gray/anthracite/charcoal/silver/chrome/coal/whateverthehellelsetheywannacallit onto every single new uniform set they come up with, then I don't know what else to tell you.

S#!t on your history, whore yourself out to the swoosh, come out looking like some UA rejects...mission accomplished. Congratulations, Rutgers.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived