Team by Team 2012 NFL Nike Uniform combos

canzman

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for doing this!

• Man, those half-colored collars look SO bad. Caused a good chunk of the league to downgrade from an aesthetic point of view, though one team ended up upgrading because of it. The Titans shoulder yoke actually looks much better w/ the half-colored collar, IMO. But yeah, the sooner the Flywire collar can go away, the better.
  • That funky Steelers throwback looks good on paper. This could turn out to be one of the most unlikely successful throwbacks, ever.
  • I wonder how happy Nike was to see that something that they designed way back in 1998 has still held up to this day? Of course, I'm talking about the Denver Broncos' current unis. Nike leaves the league for like a decade or so, comes back, and the Broncos look exactly the same but with orange jerseys.
  • The Bears look so much better with shoulder numbers instead of trying to squeeze everything on that sleeve.
  • Looking at it on paper, the only qualm I have with the Seahawks' unis is the script on the right shoulder stripe. Snip that out and it's actually a good look for the Seahawks. That gray alt is still pointless as all hell, though.

Oh, please let the Titans finally wear their white pants with their light blue tops!!

Some other thoughts:

--I can't believe I'm thinking it, but the Seahawks might be better off not using white pants at all. Best-looking combos are Blue/Blue/Gray, Blue/White/Blue, Blue/Gray/Blue. I'm not counting on them using those combos a lot.

--Eagles all-green? Not sure what to think of that.

--What happened to the Browns' (and even da Bears') orange pants? (I'm still curious to see what the Bears would actually look like in orange pants).

--Glad to see that the Saints still have gold pants after all. I've said it once, and I've said it again, but those black pants would look >100x better if there was a gold stripe on them.

--Sad to see the Rams and Redskins dump each of their gold pants. Looks like Kroenke has a thing for the navy and white pants.

--I normally don't advocate a move to black as a primary color, but the Ravens might with to with the fugly flyware collar. The blacks appear better than the purples IMO. Also, like the Saints, the black pants would greatly benefit from some stripes.

--The Panthers' new logo looks surprisingly good and flows well on white and silver.

--Giants' red alternates are back?!

--With the Broncos going orange full-time, I fully expect them to go all-navy when they wear their alts. Fortunately, it's only for a max of 2 games a year.

BTW, are these final, or is there still room for alternate jerseys and pants?

PS--Thanks for posting the images.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

What about the Jags black alt?

To my knowledge nothing has been officially announced or confirmed on those.

So if they do exist I cannot post them yet.

I know there have been "leaked" photos online, but I will not post anything that is not officially announced.

--What happened to the Browns' (and even da Bears') orange pants? (I'm still curious to see what the Bears would actually look like in orange pants).

--Giants' red alternates are back?!

BTW, are these final, or is there still room for alternate jerseys and pants?

PS--Thanks for posting the images.

These are not final and I will update as things are announced or worn. I will for now though only post what has been officially announced... and no orange pants for either the Browns or Bears have ever been announced. I know that EA showed orange for the Bears, but that is not anything official.

When Nike showed all the uniforms back on the 3rd of April the Giants Equipment Manager posted a video on their official website. That video confirmed the Red Alternates and also announced that they were only wearing the "5 stripe" road pants with all jerseys this season.

I will not post any pants or jerseys that have not yet been announced.

2012_Away_Browns.jpg

Holy hell? What is going on with those socks? I remember reading something about this on Uni Watch, but I thought it was something made by a fan or something.

When was this announced? Link? Have they worn these in the past?

Those do not look like they would look good with that set.

I'm not seeing them. I'm getting a "Bandwith Exceeded" photobucket picture. Is anyone else getting this?

yes

Same here. I just right clicked on each image and opened them in a new window, and then I could see them

Also Alts especially throwbacks do not have that same 3 year rule... The Eagles introduced the Kelly Green throwbacks last year but they are not listed in their uniform set for this season.

I don't think you're right about alts nor having the 5-year rule, but I know you're wrong about throwbacks not having it.

Throwbacks tied to an anniversary celebration (like the kelly green Eagles') might not, but throwbacks serving as the team's alternate uniform do. That's what the Buccaneers' owner said when they unveiled their '76 throwbacks s couple seasons ago; that the team was committed to them as their only alt for five years.

so what all teams officially are using a non-nike cut?

i heard oakland, green bay, atlanta, and carolina... is that all?

Philadelphia too I think

I think it's kind of dumb personally. Why continue to wear an inferior jersey, when the rest of the league has switched. The Nike jerseys look better and supposedly feel better.

It appears alllllllllll those photo links are failing.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

so what all teams officially are using a non-nike cut?

i heard oakland, green bay, atlanta, and carolina... is that all?

Philadelphia too I think

I think it's kind of dumb personally. Why continue to wear an inferior jersey, when the rest of the league has switched. The Nike jerseys look better and supposedly feel better.

"Inferior"? Unproven.

"Look better"? With those mismatched panels? Hardly.

Archived