Saints-gate Shirts

hawk36

As a Vikings fan, who will take to his grave the Saints reckless antics cost us a very good chance of our world championship, I hope everyone who wears this garbage poops their pants in public.

No but in all seriousness, take your medicine, really. It goes beyond the bounties. Which...come on. The way that D played in 2009, you could tell was happening. It was the system-wide neglect of the rules and culture of cover-up that got the figureheads lopped off for a season.

The shirts are cute and all, but it comes off silly. You should be a wee bit more ashamed your team acted so stupidly.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I for one hope that the commish will then step it up and treat illegal flagrant hits, that actually harm a player, as harshly as he has the Saints who simply talked about harming people. Sure it's bad to talk about it and lie about talking about it. But, to me, it's worse when you actually do it and ruin a player's season or career. If the commish is consistent, he will now ban players that actually hurt others with illegal hits.

I'll concede to the board that the Saints lied and needed to be punished. I just hope all of you will then join me in encouraging the NFL to be just as, if not more, harsh with players who actually injure other players with an illegal hit. I've always thought a proper punishment would be suspension until the injured player returns. Hopefully we can all agree on that.

per the cba, on-field punishment is handled by a collectively bargained committee and appealed to an arbitrator...asking the "commish to step it up and treat illegal flagrant hits" would be asking him to overstep his jurisdiction, which was negotiated with the nflpa last summer

these penalties were for "conduct detrimental", an area in which the commissioner is the judge, jury and appeals court...which was also negotiated with the nflpa

if the players don't like his power, they should not have allowed him to have it through the negotiating process

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived