World Hockey Championship designs

Edubdesign

With the World Hockey Championships starting today - and the fact I haven't posted anything here in a very long time - I figured this was as good a time as any to post these. I've made uniform designs for all 16 teams, and I'm eager to share them with you. I've also made up some alternate jerseys for the top 8 teams.

C&C are greatly appreciated; I will update these later if they aren't to your liking.

Here are the reigning champs, and the lowest ranked team in the tourney; Finland and Italy.

FINLAND.png

ITALY.png

I like Finland. It looks beautiful. Italy, just dosen't look right to me. I don't like the light blue. it dosen't go good with the green/red IMO. But anyways it's a good start. :)

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

Never understood why Italy always uses blue... it's nowhere on their flag

It was adopted about 1911 as the National Team colors as a tribute to the Royal House of Italy, and has origins back to 1366 when the Conte Verde, Amedeo VI of Savoy, on a crusade organized by Pope Urbano V, displayed on his flagship, next to the banner of Savoy, a large blue flag in tribute to the Madonna.

It was adopted about 1911 as the National Team colors as a tribute to the Royal House of Italy, and has origins back to 1366 when the Conte Verde, Amedeo VI of Savoy, on a crusade organized by Pope Urbano V, displayed on his flagship, next to the banner of Savoy, a large blue flag in tribute to the Madonna.

i also think its probably because mexico is green red and whit, just like australia uses green and gold because there are so many rwb countries

Thanks for the praise about Finland. I'm glad you like it!

Now, about the Italy design, is it the shade of blue that throws it off? Would it be better with a darker blue?

Darker blue would probably be better, i think you should try it.

bjays.jpg

Active Teams

i also think its probably because mexico is green red and whit, just like australia uses green and gold because there are so many rwb countries

If I remember right, green and yellow are big colours to the aboriginal peoples of Australia, but I might be misremembering.

rATMcmK.png

If I remember right, green and yellow are big colours to the aboriginal peoples of Australia, but I might be misremembering.

The Aussies use green and gold because of the prevalence of the colors in their floral emblem. The Netherlands use orange because it's the color of the Dutch Royal Family. Italy's flag pre-1946 for reference:

italy-1861-1946.jpg

As for the concepts, I would darken up the blue on the Italy jerseys a little bit-- maybe lose a little saturation, too. That would make all the difference. Nice work on these!

The Aussies use green and gold because of the prevalence of the colors in their floral emblem. The Netherlands use orange because it's the color of the Dutch Royal Family. Italy's flag pre-1946 for reference:

italy-1861-1946.jpg

As for the concepts, I would darken up the blue on the Italy jerseys a little bit-- maybe lose a little saturation, too. That would make all the difference. Nice work on these!

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's why we use it, it has nothing to do with the indigenous population,

For the concept isnt that the blue Italy usually uses though?

Itally is better with dark blue. And Canada and Denmark i have no problems with.

bjays.jpg

Active Teams

I'll comment on yours if you comment on mine :P

Finland: I like the double blue, though I'm not sure about the number font. A bit too bubbly.

Italy: If you're limiting yourself to the blue, that's a fantastic concept. I actually like the light blue better.

Canada: I don't think you need black here. The black is making it look a bit like a generic Roots Canada sweater.

Denmark: I like these a lot. The logo is really simple but I think it works.

USA: The colours are great, but I think there's too much red on the home and away.

Latvia: These could stand to be simplified a bit. I would personally take out the grey, or at least make it lighter.

Archived