2012 London Olympics Thread

BigMac12

Doesn't matter how old they actually are...not a damn one of those gymnasts looks over 12. I think Chris Hansen needs to visit some of y'all. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shawn Johnson still looked too young back in 2008. Nowadays, she's definitely grown up and she looks a lot better.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I watched some of Denmark/Spain over the weekend, and the goalies were making some terrific saves despite the high scoreline.

Saving the 7m penalty, on the other hand, seems damned near impossible.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Wow, I've read a bad Chris chase article before, but that is.... just sad.

Saying "bad Chris Chase article" is saying the same thing twice.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Interesting to note that only one UEFA team (France women) made the semifinals, and they leave without a medal. Otherwise you have three from CONCACAF, three from AFC, and one from CONMEBOL (Brazil men).

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Is America the only country that tabulates medal standings by total medals won? It seems if I go to one of the US sports websites, the U.S. is ranked #1, if I go to any non-US website, China is ranked #1 and it's done by gold medals only...

Is America the only country that tabulates medal standings by total medals won? It seems if I go to one of the US sports websites, the U.S. is ranked #1, if I go to any non-US website, China is ranked #1 and it's done by gold medals only...

The rest of the world must subscribe to the Ricky Bobby philosophy of "If you're not first, you're last".

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

The rest of the world must subscribe to the Ricky Bobby philosophy of "If you're not first, you're last".

It should be by total medals thats how I always saw it.

Maybe they can do a 3 2 1 system if they want to get technical but otherwise it should be by total medals.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think they should go by overall medal haul as well. TSN does it that way, I think only non North American media uses the Gold count as a lead indicator.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The medal count itself is really pretty meaningless. If course its great to always see the US at the top at the end, but the total can be very misleading.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I prefer to use a 3-2-1 points system. I do it every Olympics.

China has one more gold medals than the United States does, but the US is up 176 to 172.

I can get excited for the individuals who win, but I don't really get up for the overall country medal count. I also find Michael Phelps title as the "Most Decorated Olympian" that, while true, is also hollow. Swimming has the most medals, of course the most decorated Olympian will come out of that sport.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Well deserved, I was hoping Canada beat the French.

Yet I'm certain that the French Canadians were conflicted on who to root for.

:therock:

Huh? I always cheer for Canada no matter who they play.

Sorry I was trying to be clever by alluding to the francophone majority in Quebec.

Archived