2012 London Olympics Thread

BigMac12

Wow, huge choke by Brazil in the men's volleyball final. Up 2 sets to 0, they had two medal points in the third set but Russia won the set and dominated the fourth and fifth sets to take gold.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, huge choke by Brazil in the men's volleyball final. Up 2 sets to 0, they had two medal points in the third set but Russia won the set and dominated the fourth and fifth sets to take gold.

That's what Russia did to the U.S. I think it's more a great performance for them than a knock against Brazil.

Oh, definitely. Brazil fell apart in the last two sets but it was Russia just dominating them that won it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Watched the Closing Ceremonies earlier. Always makes me emotional when CTV showed the closing montage. If CBC can do half of what CTV/Sportsnet/TSN did then I'll look forward to watching Sochi.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I suppose it might have been too much to ask for Pink Floyd to actually reunite one more time to perform "Wish You Were Here" themselves. Still, the live recreation of that album cover image was a fantastic touch.

Update: But they could get the Spice Girls to reunite. Go figure. :rolleyes:

CCSLC signature.png

I suppose it might have been too much to ask for Pink Floyd to actually reunite one more time to perform "Wish You Were Here" themselves. Still, the live recreation of that album cover image was a fantastic touch.

I heard Madonna wanted to join the Spice Girls and become Old Spice.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I heard Madonna wanted to join the Spice Girls and become Old Spice.

I thought that was pretty funny in a really lame pun kind of way.

Yeah that kinda bugged me haha. I was screaming at my TV, "Roger Waters is ALIVE!!".

Roger Waters apparently destroyed his standing somewhat by doing a god-awful tour of The Wall earlier this year.

Some of that Closing Ceremony was SO weird. Russell Brand sings 'I Am The Walrus' whilst dressed as Willy Wonka standing atop a VW Camper, which then transforms into an inflatable octopus whilst Fatboy Slim DJs. A human cannonball skit to the sound of ELO segwaying into Eric Idle & some roller blading nuns singing 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life' which then sort of morphed into comedy Bollywood number :wacko:

The hell were they smoking?

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

And Pele makes an appearance in the Rio 2016 preview portion of the ceremony. No doubt he's an early favorite to be the cauldron-lighter at their opening ceremony.

Even if he is still living, he should not as he really has no Olympic connection. De Lima does...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiA4JfOiLgY&feature=related

Wayne Gretzky had no olympic connection and he was a torch lighter in 2010.

I guess we're not quite done with the Closing Ceremony after all. I also guess The Who wanted to try and make people forget their god-awful Super Bowl halftime show. Suffice it to say, they didn't quite succeed at that.

Update: OK, now it's over. See you in Sochi.

CCSLC signature.png

And Pele makes an appearance in the Rio 2016 preview portion of the ceremony. No doubt he's an early favorite to be the cauldron-lighter at their opening ceremony.

Even if he is still living, he should not as he really has no Olympic connection. De Lima does...

Wayne Gretzky had no olympic connection and he was a torch lighter in 2010.

He played for Canada at the 1998 Nagano Olympics...

http://www.canada.co...mes/2389202.bin

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

Archived