New English Premiership 'kits'

Saintsfan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And to top it all off, that big red notch (swoosh?) on the left sleeve of that ARSE jersey appears to be ONLY on the left sleeve. Those guys at Nike must be smokin' the cheap stuff...

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

i wonder what the reasoning behind the notch is? is it just there like that stripe on Syracuse's basketball shorts or what? :therock:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Basically. There's also a deflicted swoosh around the back of the neckline. It all combines to make it look lopsided...

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

That's true, the "notch" thing is only on one sleeve.

That's annoying... why'd they do that? Everything else is symmetrical.... now the whole thing's off balance.

Can someone explain to me why Celtic has a star on it's jersey? Is it for the domestic league?

It could be for their European Cup win back in '67.

piratesSig.gif

Can someone explain to me why Celtic has a star on it's jersey? Is it for the domestic league?

*Sniff*...Oh the memories of those Lisbon Lions!

Anyhoo, yes the 'star-above-logo-to-commemorate-championsip-wins' trend isn't just present with Celtic's jerseys, but with (off the top of my head) AC Milan, Juventus and others.

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Aston Villa: These were already onveiled on the boards, but I never got any imput so here it is: Looks like this English club is turning Danish, because Hummel makes Denmark's strips, too. Personally, not a fan of those stripes, and it seems like a few English teams wear the same purple-and-baby-blue colour set, or is it just me?

Claret and Blue, as they are properly known, are traditional colors for Aston Villa, West Ham and Burnley (can't think of any others). IIRC, the other teams adopted it as tribute to West Ham, perhaps sort of like Arsenal inheriting red shirts when it signed several Forest players who brought their own gear.

grrr.... claret..... burnley.......... :cursing:

**** the dingles!

*Sniff*...Oh the memories of those Lisbon Lions!

Anyhoo, yes the 'star-above-logo-to-commemorate-championsip-wins' trend isn't just present with Celtic's jerseys, but with (off the top of my head) AC Milan, Juventus and others.

Thanks. I thought the stars on the AC Milan, Juventus and Inter Milan jerseys represented the number of domestic titles?

I saw, I came, I left.

and you were almoust right. The star in italian league is a simbol of ten italian titles, so Juventus has 2 because Juve won more then 20 titles, while inter and Milan have only one start winning more then ten. Milan might soon get another star, while Torino (as I remeber) needs a title or two to get his star, and that might never happend since Torino is in serie B.

And for Nike cookie cuters, as much as i don't like Nike, I must say that they did a great job, I like design and piping, like the fabric, like the colar and back panel with different color, and as much as they are cookie cutters, every team has something different. I just got me 3 original Croatian nike shirts. If you want to buy one, find me in Portugal...

and you were almoust right. The star in italian league is a simbol of ten italian titles, so Juventus has 2 because Juve won more then 20 titles, while inter and Milan have only one start winning more then ten. Milan might soon get another star, while Torino (as I remeber) needs a title or two to get his star, and that might never happend since Torino is in serie B.

I think Juventus has 27 titles and Milan 17 so they both need three titles to get another gold star. (Sound like elementary school doesn't it?)

I saw, I came, I left.

Ah the memories Man United in grey! He he!!!! Southampton (my beloved saints!!) went like 4-1 up in the first half of a game so United changed into erm I think black kits or something! Who cares we won 6-3 from memory! The excuse United gave was they couldn't make the shirts out against the crowd!!!!

And the only other league team who wear claret and blue that I can think of is Scunthorpe United! (Don't suppose they have many followers in the US!)

Oh and thanks for the scoops on Man United and Arsenal's new kits

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

And the only other league team who wear claret and blue that I can think of is Scunthorpe United! (Don't suppose they have many followers in the US!)

Didn't Kevin Keegan start his playing days at Scunthorpe?

And didn't Crystal Palace used to wear claret & blue years ago?

piratesSig.gif

the stars...D.C. United has a couple, although I don't recall any other MLS team do likewise. one in the crest for being the first MLS champs and their two other ones.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived