World Hockey Championship Jerseys

Point1

I'm taking a break from my NHL series. Not nearly enough comments to keep me motivated, so I thought I'd try something new.

This is an international series, starting with the 6 lowest ranked teams from the 2012 World Hockey Championships and working my way up.

Italy:

I didn't want another blue Italy jersey, so I decided to make green the main colour. The crest is a simple flag shield.

ItalyJerseys.png

Kazakhstan:

Interesting colour scheme to work with, and I really wanted to use the design on the flag as the waist stripes.

KazakhstanJerseys.png

France:

France have one of my favourite international logos, so I based the jerseys off of it.

FranceJerseys.png

Switzerland:

Switzerland's graphic identity has always been simple and striking, and I think that this uniform set plays to that well.

SwitzerlandJerseys.png

They're simple and clean, but a couple of changes won't fly. :grin:

On the dark sweater, you've altered the flag in France's logo from French to Russian, and you changed one of Switzerland's logos to the Red Cross.

Returning the favour here with some C&C...

Italy: The jersey looks great, but that gold detailing on the logo is really distracting to me.

Kazakhstan: Looks great. Much better than what I came up with for them. I would want to buy that blue jersey.

France: (the update) You've fixed the flag issue with the logo, but what about the side stripes? Having one change and not the other makes it look slightly mismatched.

Switzerland: (again, the update) Simple, yet sophisticated design. Love it, but is the cross on the white supposed to be off-centre?

Latvia: Love the logo. That looks great. Other than that, though, the only problem I have is the font; that Sens font is one that I've always thought should be burned and buried.

Norway: I think this would look better with a brighter red.

Denmark: Cool, but a part of me thinks you could have done more. The Danes don't have a ton of top-flight hockey heritage, compared to elsewhere; this would be a place to go outside the box a little bit. I like that wordmark though.

One more thing; since these are IIHF concepts, it looks a little strange to have an NHL logo on the collar. Just a heads-up.

Lookin' forward to see what you do with the higher seeds!

Archived