Kevin's MLB 2.0

kevinmets

I agree with cohenj about the caps. You should use the current road cap for the primaries. On the road, I would remove the white outlines on the script/numbers/NOB. They're unnecessary and muddle down the look, especially for the NOB. Also, the alternate logo (the tiger head) uses a different shade of orange than everything else, so you should fix that. That aside, it's a nice concept, and great way to inject some orange into their identity.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with cohenj about the caps. You should use the current road cap for the primaries. On the road, I would remove the white outlines on the script/numbers/NOB. They're unnecessary and muddle down the look, especially for the NOB. Also, the alternate logo (the tiger head) uses a different shade of orange than everything else, so you should fix that. That aside, it's a nice concept, and great way to inject some orange into their identity.

I didn't notice the color difference, thanks for pointing that out. There's a few of these concepts I'd like to go back and update, I suppose.

I kept the white outline on the roads because I wanted to keep some elements of the Tigers' current identity. Also, with the added orange, I didn't want them looking too similar to the Mets. I agree that triple outlines can often look muddy, but I think in this case it keeps the orange & grey from blending together, as is my one picky criticism of the current Mets' set.

Many thanks to everyone for the comments! They keep me motivated to make more of these!

I'm hoping to finish all 30 by the end of the season... What team do y'all wanna see next?

16. California Angels

2012Angels.jpg

Changes:

• "California" name change & road script
  • Navy caps/belts/socks
  • Inverted home scripts - this actually happened by accident and I loved it so I kept it.
  • Yellow halo
  • One shade of red (no 2-tone/3D)
  • New primary logo (California outline) / sleeve patch
  • New alt logo (inverted A)
  • New piping (inspired by 70s/80s uniforms)

The script on the road uniforms and alternates look a little too jammed with the double outlines. On the road uniform, I'd suggest simply removing the white outline; while on the alts, I'd replace the red and blue outlines with white (on the red and blue alts respectively). Other than that, this is probably the best Angels concept I've seen, especially the "California" script.

Overall, I love this set, really nice job combining the new Los Angeles Angels (or whatever they're calling themselves these days) with the old California Angels. I am a big fan of that new shade of red, and the home alt in particular looks fantastic. Only a couple things I would do. First one is minor, try adding a second cap, maybe a solid blue or red one, to the set. Like the Tigers set, I feel like the diversity of the set merits another cap design in the mix, even if is only used for the home or road alt. Secondly, as SFGiants58 said, I feel like the scripts on the two road jerseys get lost in the double outlines. Personally, I would just try a single outline and see how it looks, especially on the road alt. overall, though, great job on this one.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

The Angels look really good my only complaint is on the red alternates the script doesn't really pop. It reminds me o the ones they were now, as being hard to see the script. I really do love what you done here and the whole series!

14o81a1.jpg9qgwba.jpg

17. San Francisco Giants

2012Giants.jpg

Changes:

• Eliminated gold trim/drop shadow from all scripts
  • New simplified primary & secondary logos
  • New road script
  • New white alt w/ orange cap & inverted script
  • Orange alt now has SF chest logo, black-white-black piping, & name on back
  • No sleeve patch on home jersey

This is easily my favorite Giants concept of the ones that I've seen. Apart from the road script, which does look a little too distorted (it's understandable, though, considering the script you based it on was vertically arched), I really like the inverted color home alt and the cleaned up roundel. Good job, and I can't wait for more!

I like this set alot. The new alt hats look really good, as do the new logos. The new road script looks great, I love that it is based on the home script and it is a massive improvement on the boring script they currently use. The only thing I would suggest would be to see how the orange jersey looks without the white outline on the numbers and the SF, I just think the white outline looks a little strange on the SF logo. Really nice job here overall.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Archived