Kevin's MLB 2.0

kevinmets

Mind if I borrow you concept? :upside:

No really, I love the simplified logo. It's very fresh and timeless unlike the dated one in real life. Gotta love the cap logo too. I love all of the uniforms except maybe the teal alternate. I kind of get a watery feel from it *cough*, you know with the teal filling up the numbers and scripts like water? However, I just feel it would work better with an orange script to match the cap logo. Other than that, I have no complaints. Great job.

This. All you need to do is make the script/numbers on the teal alt orange. Great work.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the feedback is greatly appreciated, guys. Keep it coming!

In honor of their trouncing of my Mets last night, I give you:

4. Toronto Blue Jays

2012BlueJays.jpg

Changes:

? Changed the color scheme to light blue and black

? Re-colored primary logo (blue-filled circle instead of white)

I'm not claiming this is an improvement on their current set - arguably the best in the majors - I just think they wasted an opportunity. Had they gone with something like this, they could have:

a. had a unique color identity

b. been the same colors as actual blue jays

c. better bridged the gap between the previous era and now, so when looking back on the 2004-2011 set, it wouldn't look like a random mistake in their history.

I'd say this is very close to perfection. I like the ambition of going with the black and powder blue color scheme, but I'd still say that if you literally just took everything that's black here and made it royal blue, you'd have perfection.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

5. New York Yankees

2012Yankees.jpg

Changes:

• New "New York" road script without white outline.

• Removed white trim/piping from road jersey.

• Matched all the "NY"s to the cap NY - the ACTUAL cap NY, not the one on this site (the "print" logo).

• Recolored primary logo (and added to sleeves).

• New secondary logo.

• New "alt" jerseys and caps (you can call them BP jerseys if you're uncomfortable with the idea of the Yankees wearing alts).

5. New York Yankees

2012Yankees.jpg

Changes:

? New "New York" road script without white outline.

? Removed white trim/piping from road jersey.

? Matched all the "NY"s to the cap NY - the ACTUAL cap NY, not the one on this site (the "print" logo).

? Recolored primary logo (and added to sleeves).

? New secondary logo.

? New "alt" jerseys and caps (you can call them BP jerseys if you're uncomfortable with the idea of the Yankees wearing alts).

Good:

- Removal of white outlines and sleeve trim from road uniforms.

Bad:

- Primary logo sleeve patch

- Matching NY's (prefer the different ones, each looks best in it's individual application)

- Alternates, all of them, caps and jerseys. It's the Yankees. No alts needed.

For the primary, you should switch the bat and ball colors. Baseball laces are red, and the bat seems out of place in terms of color. But, do what you want, these have all been fantastic so far.

spacer.png

Marlins: I LOVE this! The colors are simply amazing. They just fit so well for a Miami aquatic-related team (i.e. Dolphins). I love the scripts, big props to both you and piratesfan16 for the 'Miami' script, it's fantastic. I really have noting but positive critique for this one, I believe that it and the Padres are the best of this series so far. If they sold that alternate hat in stores, it would definitely be on the top of my hat wishlist.

Blue Jays: The idea behind the concept is good, and the execution isn't bad, I just don't think it works. Of course actual blue jays have black on them and the colors you chose are really pretty close to what actual blue jays look like. Aesthetically, however, I believe that that particular shade of blue paired with black works better in nature than it does for a baseball team. Really, I think the problem is the black. It makes more sense but it doesn't look better. Just as Cardinals are red and black with read beaks, the St. Louis Cardinals use red, navy, and yellow respectively to make the logo more aesthetically pleasing.

Yankees: I like the idea of making the 'NY' marks consistent throughout the set but I've always liked the cap 'NY' logo, it just looks more symmetrical to me. The recolor of the primary logo is a good idea, it looks much better than what they currently use. I do like the idea of adding it to the uniforms, every team should have their designated primary logo on their uniforms. However, and it's not your fault, I'm not sure that that logo really works as a sleeve patch. Maybe if you switch the laces and bat colors as dsaline97 suggested it would look a little better; I mean, it makes more sense to have red laces considering laces are red. Plus, the bat being blue will make it flow with the rest of the script.

Great series so far.

And just because I feel like ranking them, as of your first five concepts, this is what I think:

1. Miami Marlins

2. San Diego Padres

3. New York Yankees

4. Arizona Diamondbacks

5. Toronto Blue Jays

I really look forward to seeing more. I'll make every effort to comment on each of these.

6. Seattle Mariners

2012Mariners.jpg

Changes:

• Lightened teal to better contrast with navy (the shade they use for print has always been darker than the shade they use in real life anyway)

• Changed red stitches on primary & cap logos to navy

• New secondary logo

• Scripts & NOB recolored

• Teal billed cap on all except navy alt

• New/recolored alt cap logo

• Minor change, primary logo features teal outline instead of silver

The Blue Jays set is the perfect way to incorporate black into their colour scheme. I still would prefer to see royal in lieu of black, though.

Yankees: o huge changes, but I like them. I would, however, make the stitches on the baseball red.

Mariners: Again, no huge changes, but it looks good. The lighter teal looks almost mint though, so I'd make it a tad bit darker.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I held off as long as I could...

7. New York Mets

2012Mets.jpg

Changes:

• New secondary logo

• No more pinstripes. Cream jersey now has piping

• 1987 road script

• New alt cap logo

• New white home alternate jersey & cap

• New blue home/road alternate jersey

This is similar to a Mets concept I made a while back on here, but the secondary logo is brand new.

8. Oakland Athletics

2012Athletics.jpg

Changes:

? Replaced dark green with normal green (or "kelly green" if you must)

? New green alt jersey

? Eliminated all-green road cap

? Recolored secondary logo (elephant)

? Standardized one "A's" logo for everything... primary logo, caps, alt jerseys

This one is more of a tweak then a full-blown concept, but their current look is (very close to) perfect. This is really what I'd like to see them wear though - how are there not more pro sports teams that wear a medium green? (Celtics and...?)

Archived