Kevin's MLB 2.0

kevinmets

Change the shade of yellow to a duller one and you've got a winner! I love what you have done here,Fox. I've been following this closely before I got an account, and I have to say, this is your best yet!

Tkachuk was a Thrasher?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're going with placket and sleeve piping on the alternates, then the pants need piping too. That's the biggest issue with their current set. I say add double-piping to the pants, and put it on the sleeves of the primary home and roads as well.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Change the shade of yellow to a duller one and you've got a winner! I love what you have done here,Fox. I've been following this closely before I got an account, and I have to say, this is your best yet!

Thank you, but I'm not Fox! :P He's working on his own fantastic MLB series-thread on this board right now as well.

Thank you, but I'm not Fox! :P He's working on his own fantastic MLB series-thread on this board right now as well.

Sorry, got confused in the moment.

Tkachuk was a Thrasher?

If you're going with placket and sleeve piping on the alternates, then the pants need piping too. That's the biggest issue with their current set. I say add double-piping to the pants, and put it on the sleeves of the primary home and roads as well.

Seconded to both.

While I understand many think of the current Athletics set as "classic," they have a long tradition of trying daring combinations. The fact that they had success in traditional uniforms aside, the Athletics franchise has had MANY different looks. I think they should embrace their colorful pasts. The alternates are nice, and mesh nicely with what they have safely done lately, but I think a successful fantasy set should include bright hues and cutting edge designs and logos.

Just my opinion.

Thanks as always for all the comments everyone!

9. Washington Nationals

2012Nationals.jpg

Changes:

• New primary logo

• New/re-worked "DC" secondary/cap logo

• Re-introduction of gold as an accent color on primary and "DC" logos

• Inverted script colors

• Home pinstriped jersey inspired by this and this

• Home alt jersey inspired by this

• Added white to piping on road jersey (the "Nationals" should always be "red white & blue")

I'm really not a fan of the Nats' current identity... I think this is as far as you can go in the opposite direction, while still maintaining a RWB color scheme. Plus, any way they could acknowledge their Expos past would be welcome, IMO. This came out even nicer than I thought it would.

8. Oakland Athletics

2012Athletics.jpg

Changes:

? Replaced dark green with normal green (or "kelly green" if you must)

? New green alt jersey

? Eliminated all-green road cap

? Recolored secondary logo (elephant)

? Standardized one "A's" logo for everything... primary logo, caps, alt jerseys

This one is more of a tweak then a full-blown concept, but their current look is (very close to) perfect. This is really what I'd like to see them wear though - how are there not more pro sports teams that wear a medium green? (Celtics and...?)

:notworthy: PERFECT. Nothing I can say, just absolutely perfect.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

Nationals look great. Awesome nod to the senators while keeping it modern-looking. Pinstripes is a masterstroke IMO. Looking forward to the rest of this series!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I really like these. Really wish baseball would go back to the old days. Two uniforms (home whites/road greys) and four divisions. Seems baseball was a lot better to watch back then.

Also, thank you for making Cleveland the Spiders. Not starting a race-war, but as being part Native American, I hate Chief Wahoo.

9. Washington Nationals

2012Nationals.jpg

Changes:

• New primary logo

• New/re-worked "DC" secondary/cap logo

• Re-introduction of gold as an accent color on primary and "DC" logos

• Inverted script colors

• Home pinstriped jersey inspired by this and this

• Home alt jersey inspired by this

• Added white to piping on road jersey (the "Nationals" should always be "red white & blue")

I'm really not a fan of the Nats' current identity... I think this is as far as you can go in the opposite direction, while still maintaining a RWB color scheme. Plus, any way they could acknowledge their Expos past would be welcome, IMO. This came out even nicer than I thought it would.

If you used the "W" logo on the first two, this concept would be...how should I put it?

Oh Lord Jesus, this concept is fyre!

Sweet-Brown-Bronchitis-News.jpg

I like where you're going with the Nats, but there are too many inconsistencies for me. I would match the collar/sleeve piping on the road and both alts, including getting rid of the full lapel piping on the blue jersey. Also, the numbers and NOBs on the alts are begging for a gold outline. Even though it would be different from the home and road, IMO it would look pretty slick.

9. Washington Nationals

2012Nationals.jpg

Changes:

? New primary logo

? New/re-worked "DC" secondary/cap logo

? Re-introduction of gold as an accent color on primary and "DC" logos

? Inverted script colors

? Home pinstriped jersey inspired by this and this

? Home alt jersey inspired by this

? Added white to piping on road jersey (the "Nationals" should always be "red white & blue")

If the Twins and Expos mated.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

8. Oakland Athletics

2012Athletics.jpg

Changes:

? Replaced dark green with normal green (or "kelly green" if you must)

? New green alt jersey

? Eliminated all-green road cap

? Recolored secondary logo (elephant)

? Standardized one "A's" logo for everything... primary logo, caps, alt jerseys

This one is more of a tweak then a full-blown concept, but their current look is (very close to) perfect. This is really what I'd like to see them wear though - how are there not more pro sports teams that wear a medium green? (Celtics and...?)

:notworthy: PERFECT. Nothing I can say, just absolutely perfect.

I agree with you, this concept is pure freaking awsomeness. It pays homage to their established history of their dynasty of the early 70's. Congrats kevinmets on an excellent concept. (**) (**) (**) (**) (**)

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

the nats home on first glance look like you switched the cubs stuff with nats ones but everything is good but but the curly w back on the hat

Expos, dude. :)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived