Kevin's MLB 2.0

kevinmets

2012primarylogoconceptsz.jpg

***TIGERS PRIMARY LOGO SHAMELESSLY BORROWED (STOLEN) FROM BMAC***

Atlanta Braves ?

Miami Marlins ? New York Mets ? Philadelphia Phillies ? Washington Nationals

Chicago Cubs ? Cincinnati Reds ? Milwaukee Brewers ? Pittsburgh Pirates ? St. Louis Cardinals

Arizona Diamondbacks ? Colorado Rockies ? Los Angeles Dodgers ? San Diego Padres ? San Francisco Giants

Baltimore Orioles ? Boston Red Sox ? New York Yankees ? Tampa Bay Rays ? Toronto Blue Jays

Chicago White Sox ? Cleveland Spiders ? Detroit Tigers ? Kansas City Royals ? Minnesota Twins

California Angels ? Houston Astros ? Oakland Athletics ? Seattle Mariners ? Texas Rangers

Each team gets a primary logo, a simpler/sleeker alt-logo, and 4 uniforms (home, away, 2 alts).

Some teams will get minor tweaks, and some teams will get total overhauls. People who've hung around this board for a while may recognize some of my old ideas re-worked, but there's plenty of new surprises to look forward to.

I'll try to keep updating regularly. C&C is greatly appreciated!

1. San Diego Padres

2012Padres.jpg

Changes:

? Total overhaul, inspired by the 70s-80s brown-yellow-orange look

? Two-color "SD" cap logo based on 90s look

? New "San Diego" road script

? Re-color of "Padres" script used by Tuscon Padres

? New primary logo

? New NOB font

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the Padres could use a front number on these jerseys, but other than that, this is a fantastic concept. Very refreshing from their current generic set. Can't wait to see more.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Great looking set totally unique color scheme and love the road and home script. But you should make two tweaks:

- Front numbers like Fox said

- Use the yellow panel hat for the home set and home alt set

Much better than their incredibly bland current set. There are only a few teaks I suggest:

• Adding a front number like Fox and jrodsep said
  • For the alternate cap, get rid of the orange piping by the front panel and make the button brown

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

This is so much better than what they have now. Great job, I'm definitely following this series. However like the others said...

-Front numbers

-Remove orange piping next to yellow panel on alternate cap

Other than that it's awesome.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

This is just amazing. The colour scheme works well, the tri-colour SD is flawless, the swinging friar looks like a real person, and everything else is a beaut. I hate numbers on the front, so I'm glad you didn't include them.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Incredible....this is exactly what they should have gone with. You can't tell me merchandise in this style wouldn't fly off the shelves.

Only tweak I can really think of other then what's been mentioned would be seeing what the wordmarks would look like arched a bit.

Great work.

I'm sorry, but the 70's-80's look was the most dated crap ever. The wordmark and colors don't translate anywhere outside that era. Brown and gold are fine, but add orange, and it looks like some little league jersey thrown out 30+ years ago because nobody wanted it and then given to the Padres to wear. Basically second rate hand-me-downs. The wordmarks and numbers are absolutely terrible. Those are best left to throwback status only.

And this is more a criticism of the look itself and not Kevin's composition.

McCall makes a compelling argument and I can most definitely see why it is exactly that people hate(d) this look, but for some reason I really like it. These colors are just really unique for any baseball team. I mean, currently in the MLB hats come in three colors: red, blue, black (with the exception of the A's) and here you have yellow and brown hats. I love this concept, those yellow jerseys are sweet!

I guess this is just one of those looks that people are either going to hate or love.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I opted not to use front numbers for SD because I think the only way an MLB team can pull off a color scheme that wacky is if everything else is as simplistic and sleek as possible. As for the orange highlights on the alt cap, I think it's important to have the right balance between the three colors. The cap (and thus that whole alt as a set) was a bit too yellow-heavy without it. Plus I just like how this looks. Anyway, without further ado...

2. Arizona Diamondbacks

2012Diamondbacks.jpg

Changes:

• Set "db" snake as the cap logo and home/alt script. It's by far the nicest part of their identity, and a much more acceptable abbreviation than "D'Backs".

• Made "db" snake two-colored - simply an aesthetic preference, and would be unique to them.

• Changed the brick color to a more "brick-like" shade, so it's less similar to the red worn by everyone else. It's showing up slightly more orange on photobucket than I had intended, but I think I'm ok with it.

• Addition of copper to color scheme

• New primary logo

• Re-color of old alt logo

• Addition of zig-zag snake piping to all uniforms

I hated the Diamondbacks' current look at first because the color scheme was jacked from the Astros. However it fits Arizona better, and Houston is about to make a change anyway, so I've warmed up to it.

I like this set, especially the striping pattern. However, I'm not a fan of the two-coloured "db" logo; it just doesn't look good and is really unbalanced when it's black/copper. Also, I think putting the logo on three different jerseys is a bit excessive - just put the "Arizona" script on the road alt.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I love the two-colored DB logo, but a few other things:

-I think that the road grey would look much better with the brick cap

-I think that black belts would work better than brick

-If the black jersey is a road alternate, I think it should feature the Arizona script, not the DB.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I love the two-colored DB logo, but a few other things:

-I think that the road grey would look much better with the brick cap

-I think that black belts would work better than brick

-If the black jersey is a road alternate, I think it should feature the Arizona script, not the DB.

Pretty much my opinions exactly.....love the two-tone DB logo. Colours are great overall, and benefits from being more orange-ish frankly. Nicely done.

3. Miami Marlins

2012Marlins.jpg

Changes:

• Total overhaul, loosely based on 1993-2011 set, but in "Dolphins colors". (I know, it's been done before. It just works so well for them, and was a great opportunity wasted.)

• Changed the teal to a darker shade to make for a better base color. Kept the original teal as a highlight color in the fish logos.

• Re-worked primary logo

• "Miami" road script shamelessly stolen from piratesfan16 (with permission of course). All I did was re-color and add an outline.

• Pinstriped sleeveless alt as homage to 1997 team

Mind if I borrow you concept? :upside:

No really, I love the simplified logo. It's very fresh and timeless unlike the dated one in real life. Gotta love the cap logo too. I love all of the uniforms except maybe the teal alternate. I kind of get a watery feel from it *cough*, you know with the teal filling up the numbers and scripts like water? However, I just feel it would work better with an orange script to match the cap logo. Other than that, I have no complaints. Great job.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Can I see a orange jersey? I think that is what will make this set perfection. I love it all, but maybe you add silver? It's almost like you are reading my mind here. Everything is stuff i planned to do on my MLB series.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived