Kevin's MLB 2.0

kevinmets

I really like the alternate white jersey. I think you should consider making that the primary home jersey, and building the rest of your set around it. The royal blue pinstripes do look way too Cubs, as someone else said, even if it was the Senators or Expos you were going for.

Gold outline those jersey numbers so they look like the DC logo, and give the Washington script the same gold outline treatment, and you have a great set of uniforms.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really see how navy pinstripes and a cursive script logo looks like the Cubs, but so be it.

10. Texas Rangers

2012Rangers.jpg

Changes:

? Primary logo based on old alt logo (no pinstripes, inverted colors on script).

? Removed excess gray/3d/shadowing from primary, secondary (flag), and scripts.

? Replaced all drop shadows with double outlines on scripts & cap logo.

? Brought back "Rangers" script.

? Changed NNOB font to standard MLB block. I'm usually in favor of custom fonts, but this is ridiculous.

? Minor change, flag outline now blue.

? Minor change, added alternating color to sleeve piping on alt jerseys (blue on red, red on blue).

Whoah, the Rangers with clean scripts, colour balance, and a legible NOB? Blasphemy!

he Rangers look great. You've removed every element that muddles down their look, except for one. Don't make the red and blue piping touch, as it looks terrible and indiscernible on TV.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I like most of the changes you made with the Rangers. The new primary is really sharp, and I like that you put "Rangers" on the home jerseys. I also like the removal of the grey and drop shadows.

I agree with BigBubba on the piping. Maybe you could change it to mimic the number treatment (three stripes, middle one the same color as the jersey, etc.). Also, I would bring back the custom number font but leave the NOBs standard block for better readability. I just really love that font, and without the drop shadows it would look a lot better.

Enough with the tweaks. It's time for an overhaul!

11. Colorado Rockies

2012Rockies.jpg

Changes:

? Everything! New color scheme, primary, secondary, cap, scripts, NNOB font, piping.

I debuted this color scheme and the primary/cap logos a while back in my "MLB 2040" thread. At this point, I doubt that project is getting finished. But the fact remains that the Rockies would benefit a fresh new purple-based look, and this is the direction I'd like to see them go.

And speaking of overhaul teams, help me pick a new color scheme for my upcoming Cleveland Spiders concept! Vote now!

Padres: Love everything! They need to go back to that font and those colors yesterday!

D'Backs: I love their DB logo, but I'm not sure if I like it two tone. I'd also hate to loose the D shaped snake cap logo, as it's one of my favorites. The best thing you did with this set are the sleeve and pant stripes! I would love to see them wear those for real!

Marlins: Their new set has really grown on me besides the focus on black.

Blue Jays: I really like their new set as is, but the powder blue is nice. But please, no black for the sake of black!

Yankees: Cool!

Mariners: Nice!

Mets: Awesome!

Athletics: Interesting, but I think I like their current shade of green.

Nationals: Not a big fan of the pinstripes, but I love the interlocking DC logo! Especially on the multicolored panel Expos-like cap. However, I do think this:

IMG_3152.jpg

would make an excellent alternate cap logo!

Rangers: Love it!

Rockies: They really do need an overhaul, and this one is waaayyyy better than their current set!

Can't wait to see the rest of your concepts!

Rockies set is perfect. Exactly how they should look. I agree with the others that the Rangers should have a red alt hat but other than that great job on these last couple concepts.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

The Rockies look really good. My only suggestions would be to get rid of the white outline for the NOB/numbers/script on the road and to have just a white outline on the powder jersey (as opposed to powder and then white).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I really like what you did with the Rangers, with the already-noted exception of the sleeve piping not matching the outlines.

With the Rockies, I love the new colour scheme you went with, but I'm not a fan of anything else. Everything is soft and rounded, which to me is the exact opposite of what the team name 'Rockies' should connotate. The cap logo is alright, but the rounded numbers and wordmarks just seem out of place.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Blue Jays: I really like their new set as is, but the powder blue is nice. But please, no black for the sake of black!

I thought I explained pretty well why I used black (thus making it not just BFBS).

Anyway, let's get another red & blue team out of the way :)

12. St. Louis Cardinals

2012Cardinals.jpg

Changes:

? St. Louis script on road jerseys

? Red caps & belts with road jerseys

? New red home/road alt

? Radically new (for them) cream alt, featuring new navy & red cap, bird-&-bat-less angled script, piping, and sleeve patch.

In my effort to vary some of the red & blue teams, I toyed with the idea of having the Cards use black instead of navy as their accent color. Actual cardinals' faces are black, plus red & black looks great, and I'm going to be switching the Reds OFF of that color scheme. But I decided the change wasn't worth making, as surely every Cardinals fan would hate it. ALSO, black & red is the favorite so far in my "choose a color scheme for the Cleveland Spiders" poll.

I don't think the Cards' set NEEDS any changes (other than what I did to the road jersey). But if they were to have alts, the red one is obvious. And since I'm giving each team 2 alts, I had a little fun experimenting with the cream one. It's loosely based on these uniforms (also with piping & cap inspiration from these).

Love the red alt and you pulled off the St. Louis script quite nicely. The cream jersey is a great throwback, but I would ditch the navy hat. I have always though that navy doesn't look good on a team called the Cardinals. At least a red hat with a navy brim if you are set on the navy, but with all the red and navy in the league I feel like the Cardinals are a team that just doesn't need the navy in its color scheme. Just a suggestion, but great work as usual.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

WOW! Just WOW! These are phenomenal! I adore the Padres (brown!!!), and the Marlins (aqua/teal)!!! The Blue Jays with the light blue caps takes a bit of getting used to. Nationals are positively gorgeous too! The only set so far that I didn't like better than the actual uniforms being used was the Colorado Rockies. The font & color scheme, just seemed a bit more minor-leagueish to me somehow, but still they are gorgeous!

I am very excited and most eager to see you do the Red Sox, Orioles, Pirates, Brewers, heck....all the rest of the teams! These are truly gorgeous and mouth-watering!!! I love that you incorporate old school colors! Hoping you do an orange cap Astros set too!

Keep up the phenomenal work!!!

So far, I'm impressed. I really like what you did with the Cardinals creme alt, and the double outlines on the Rangers' uniforms (I'm not usually in favor of double outlines, but I think that you got them right with the Rangers). I can't wait to see what you'll do with the Giants and the Braves!

13. Houston Astros

2012Astros.jpg

Changes:

• Complete overhall, inspired by 1994-99 set (new primary, secondary, cap logo, scripts, NNOB font, uniforms)

With the news of next year's AL-move makeover, there has been influx of navy & orange Astros concepts on this board. I decided instead to look to their OTHER past identity for inspiration. It's a unique color scheme (in my universe Tigers will be navy & orange, Brewers will be royal & yellow), and a more name-appropriate "futuristic" identity. However, I feel I've cleaned it up and modernized it for present day.

Archived