Did the Browns wear brown in 1986?

axlrush

Still think this looks awesome:

51829252_display_image.jpg

Just update with grey mask and new stipes, we got a winner. Well not on the field, but at least it would look cool.

Better yet, go back to that completely. The white facemasks were better, the sleeve stripes were better, the shade of brown was better and the brown striped socks were better. I would still prefer the white pants with the brown jerseys, but everything about that set was better than the current one.

You got my vote. In my opinion, that combo is the Browns best look.

BB52Big.jpg

Guaranteed Cleveland will wear brown on 11/18 in Dallas.

Are the Cowboys getting rid of the blue throwbacks?

They are not currently present in their style guides but that doesn't mean much as the Redskins throwback was not made part of the guides until they were announced. so maybe the Cowboys will still have them. Guess we wait and see.

Thanks for all the great responses, guys! This is a GREAT resource, as we all know.

One of the beat reporters in Cleveland claimed that 2011 was the first time ever that the Browns wore all white all year. That's simply not true, and he has yet to correct himself. He won't, cause he's a DB. ;-)

Thanks again!

browns-sm.gifitaly.gif

>>>>>>>

Back in the late 60s, right before the merger, and in the years after, I remember the Browns, Cowboys, LA Rams, and Baltimore Colts being notorious for wearing their white uniforms at home games and didn't understand why'd they'd wanna do that.

My dad took me to alot of Bills games at the old stadium pre-Rich Stadium and on grass, and we looked so great with the blue jerseys & white pants. Then I'd watch the road games on TV in the all-white and they just looked so dull. I so wanted blue pants as I was so jealous as to how cool KC looked in their red away pants. So why these few teams would choose to wear white jerseys at home made no sense to a little kid that I was.

For some reason the Colts played all their home games in Baltimore at 2 pm rather than 1 pm like everyone else, and it drove me nuts because I was so bored for that extra hour when the Bills played them there I didn't know what to do with myself. Years later I found out it had something to do with Maryland law having to do with churches, and they were going to change it to 1 pm as one of the incentives to keep Robert Irsay from moving them.

The Cowboys were notorious for having circular huddles rather than oval-shaped ones like all the other teams except KC, as the Chiefs used to line up 2 rows facing the line of scrimmage while Len Dawson used to kneel facing them and calling the play..

and all QB's wore numbers from 3-19 except John Hadl of the Chargers, he wore 21 and I'd ask my Dad why he's wearing that number.

I also used to love that girl riding the pinto horse along the KC Chiefs sideline when they played their home games at Municipal Stadium before Arrowhead was built. That was so cool to me at the time.

warpaint-chiefs_200.jpg

and the Dolphins had Flipper swimming around in an aquarium in the Palm Tree end-zone of the old Orange Bowl. At all LA Rams home games they'd show all the famous movie stars in the crowd, kinda like Lakers games in the present day.

It's amazing some of the things one remembers from the NFL and AFL from our pre-teen years :grin:

21-Sep-1969

Kansas City at Boston Patriots

5780996.jpg

5780996.jpg

I've always thought that was the coolest looking huddle ever. I wish more teams would use it. Here's a couple more looks at it

dawson_huddle_991_5_15_12.jpg

1969_dawson-choir-huddle_med.jpg

If memory serves, there was an old Browns greeting card that focused on Bernie Kosar where the team was in the same type of huddle. If I can find a picture, I'll post it.

BB52Big.jpg

they did...... in a 1986 preseason game vs Atlanta....the rest of the way was white. I remember watching the browns 86 highlight film and in one of the early segments they showed footage of them in the brown jerseys.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

dawson_huddle_991_5_15_12.jpg

If memory serves, there was an old Browns greeting card that focused on Bernie Kosar where the team was in the same type of huddle. If I can find a picture, I'll post it.

>>>>>

Great great photo, especially the top one you posted!!

The QB looks like a true leader in that fashion of huddle, and that's exactly what Lenny was back in the day.

Archived