UEFA Euro 2012 - Poland/Ukraine

NEW.ERA

Not sure I can buy Defoe or Welbeck ahead of Darren Bent, but whatever Hodgson wants. Understand the injury concerns, but Bent's England's most natural goal scorer.

Also, Downing sucks. :P

Bent has been out for the last half a season, tough to go straight into a major championship from that. I would imagine that Carroll would be more likely to lose his place to Bent than either Defoe or Welbeck, who seem destined to fill slightly different roles.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An injury to John Ruddy means England's 3rd choice keeper for the Euros is now a 19 year old who's never played a game above League 2 :blink:

I know 3rd keeper is the least important position in the squad beacuse the odds on actually being needed are so small but still...

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

That sucks for Ruddy. Sure, he wasn't going to see playing time, but still.

I'm sure David Seaman would love to be apart of one last English squad, and this time around he doesn't need to do anything. :P

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Final Dutch squad announced.

Link

16 Returning members from South Africa, and the welcoming back of Wilfred Bouma. A lot of new names and youth in Jetro Willems, Luuk De Jong, Kevin Strootman which is good. Just shows that Dutch football is still alive and well. Hopefully not destined for most likely failure.

And with Gio van Bronckhorst retired. Mark van Bommel is the Captain for Poland/Ukraine and he deserves it.

Looking more and more likely that England won't even make it out of their Group. Still some quality players, but it's not like they were handed an easy group to begin with.

Sweet Jesus Christ, the Ukraine.

His compatriots, he said, should learn the game by watching home-grown stars (such as himself) ?and not from some zumba-bumba whom they took off a tree, gave him two bananas and now he?s playing in the Ukrainian league.?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Looking more and more likely that England won't even make it out of their Group. Still some quality players, but it's not like they were handed an easy group to begin with.

Obviously on top of that Wayne "Babyface" Rooney is out for the first 2 games. Probably the French and the home team Ukranians will make it out of the group.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Final FIFA Rankings released before Friday.

Group B is now an all Top 10 group.

Germany - 3rd

Netherlands - 4th

Denmark - 9th

Portugal - 10th

Terrified.

...and this is why seeding the hosts automatically in Pot A is stupid. Seed them where they should be, but still ensure they'll be drawn into Group A (and D).

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Good thing we'll be seeing less co-hosts for Euro once were at 24 teams. Mixing up the good and bad more.

Also if you haven't done so, join the Euro Bracket Madness group.

Password - ccslc

Sweet Jesus Christ, the Ukraine.

His compatriots, he said, should learn the game by watching home-grown stars (such as himself) ?and not from some zumba-bumba whom they took off a tree, gave him two bananas and now he?s playing in the Ukrainian league.?

On a related note, Poland is also apparently none-too-fond of black people.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well, that was overt. I figured Polish people would just say the black players have "bad fundamentals." That's what the ones in Chicago do!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived