Golden State Warriors Possible move to SF?

hettinger_rl

USAirways Center received a $60 improvement in 2006. They could not do much with that narrow upper deck concourse, but the blew out a wall to add the main glass entrance to make the ticket center/will call indoors, added a 14,000 sp. ft pavilion, a TV studio, two new clubs and increased the width of the club level seats.

Damn all that for 60 bucks? Thats a bargain

I didn't realize they had done all that, but they probably did just spend 60 dollars. Those improvements didn't do much for the average fan experience. Indoor ticket center! Better suites! Place still sucks.

It was a joke, I assume he meant 60 million

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except that there's still more Raider fans down here than up there.

Not surprised; when I was in Mission Viejo in August, I was able to the 49ers play the Raiders on local TV.

Raiders have had attendance issues since the day they moved back to Oakland. And that's with one of the smallest stadiums in the league to fill.

Yeah, most of these arenas are fairly easily updated. Honda Center is getting renovations/improvements done. Heck, MSG is getting improvements. Even a newer arena like Jobing.com Arena in Glendale (despite all the Coyotes/City debacle, it's truly a fantastic place to watch a game or concert) isn't all that much more advanced or whatever than some of those 90s arenas. It's comparable to Honda Center or Scottrade Center. However, the Coyotes old arena, US Airways, could use a MAJOR facelift. I've been there only one time for a Suns game, but I hated the place. The upper concourse is TINY, lower concourse is bigger, but not better, the stats boards are awful, the upper seating sucks too. Not a huge fan. It was built JUST before that 90s string of arenas, but it feels so much older. Some of those things I mentioned can be fixed, but the concourses would be a stretch.

Anyways, regards to Warriors/Sharks/Bay Area. Sharks won't leave San Jose for a long time. They've got it good there, and HP Pavilion is more than fine (although, there are some things that are very Costco-y about it). The Warriors should be in San Francisco. How does SF proper not have an arena of any sort? And I don't even mean for a sports team, but even just for concerts or whatever else. Cow Palace is a dump. That place should not represent the SF side of the Bay in the arena world.

Maybe the Suns can move to the Jobberdome! (bow)

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived