Which Jersey would you like to see the Cup lifted in

Morgan33

Rangers have never won a Stanley Cup in their classic blues, so them.

I swear they won in their blues in 1940.

EDIT: According to NHLuniforms.com, they ONLY had a blue jersey in 1940, which means they have.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The Coyotes have a cool logo paired with very bland uniforms. The Devils have seen enough Cups with those jerseys, and the Kings uniforms are also boring. My hatred for the Kings aside, they looked better in black, purple and silver. My vote goes to the Rangers blue jersey.

As for my Ducks, I wouldn't mind seeing them win in their current third. But what I'd really want to see is one of the classic Mighty Ducks jerseys hoisting the Cup. Preferably the eggplant home uniform.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

As far as uniforms go, either the Rangers' or Kings' homes would look great. I think of the four teams, those two have the better colors and looks (especially the Kings - I'm a sucker for black/silver or black/white color schemes).

That said, if the Picassoyote was still around, that'd be my first choice of the four teams.

Outside of that...it still pains me that the Ducks never got to win a cup in the Disney era. The fact they finally did the very year after the change still grinds my uniform-junkie gears.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Devils St.Patty's jerseys!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

It still pains me that the Ducks never got to win a cup in the Disney era. The fact they finally did the very year after the change still grinds my uniform-junkie gears.

I look back at that Championship year with nothing but fond memories. But if there were any way to somehow make it even better, that way would have been sticking with the Mighty Ducks uniforms. Had they not rebranded before winning the Cup, I would have exploded from the amount of sheer awesomeness.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Rangers home. But I'm biased. Taking the fact that I'm a Rangers fan out of it and knowing my uniform tastes, I'd still probably go with the Rangers. The only difference would be that I would prefer the white jerseys. I want them to win the cup at home (should they get past the Devils) but I much prefer the white jerseys. I've never liked the NHL's switch to white on the road.

BB52Big.jpg

Rangers have never won a Stanley Cup in their classic blues, so them.

I swear they won in their blues in 1940.

EDIT: According to NHLuniforms.com, they ONLY had a blue jersey in 1940, which means they have.

My mistake, I merely researched the 1940 Stanley Cup Final and saw that they won on the Road, forgetting certain teams only had one set in those days.

Still, we have no color footage of the Rangers winning in blue, it's time.

Three biggest disgraces in sports this year:

3. Braves collapse

2. Red Sox collapse

1. Most Canucks fans actions this post-season

Hmm, I'd agree with the majority here and go with the Rangers blues and Kings whites. I guess for the Devils I'd go with their reds, only because they've won 2 with the whites already, and for the Coyotes I might go with the whites if anything because it's got more going on than the reds.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

The Rangers did indeed lift the cup in their blue jerseys in 1940, but it was actually a slightly different blue jersey than today's. The font was that of the blue 85th Anniversary throwbacks (only with "RANGERS" on the chest instead of "NEW YORK"):

1940-1941.jpg

I'd conjecture the jersey was slightly darker than the present one as well, but it's very tough to tell.

Either way, the Rangers' present blue jerseys have never lifted the Stanley Cup, and though I'm sightly biased as a Rangers fan, I'd say the Rangers' set is the best of the 4 (though I love the Devils' jerseys). It's tough to say whether the Rangers' blue or white jerseys are better (the white one is unquestionably one of the best white jerseys in the league, but I think I prefer the blue jersey slightly), but I'd love to see the image of the cup being held by the Blueshirts.

As for the other 2 sets I didn't mention: the Coyotes jerseys would be so much better with hem stripes, and the Kings set could disappear tomorrow and I wouldn't miss it a bit. Get rid of the piping and the white jersey would look good though.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Archived