Global Baseball League

Philsphan

Hi everyone. This is my first thread and I've been working on a Baseball League for a while now. Here it goes:

The year is 2025, baseball around the world is thriving. The number of foreign players double the number of American players in the MLB. Yet the MLB refuses to expand to places like the Caribbean and Mexico because the people are poorer and there is more crime. The GBL (Global Baseball League) forms in 2029 with franchises across the world from Venezuela to Japan. Starting with 8 teams, the GBL sees many Triple A teams abandon their MLB teams and apply to play in the GBL. Many owners sell their small market MLB teams and bid for a GBL expansion franchise in a developing nation's capital because of the ridiculous amount of money brought in with each game and the international talent that is shifting from the MLB to the GBL. The MLB is left with very few foreign players (an international player would much rather play for a team in his own country)and fans become bored with the typical navy and red designs for the MLB. They look to the GBL for original color combinations and sharp uniforms. By 2040, the Global Baseball League has 32 teams, in 4 divisions, spanning across 3 continents.

The Continental Division, comprised of teams along the Atlantic Coast is vital to the success of the league because it is the GBL's anchor to American TV and Media. The Continental Division spans 3 countries including newly de-communized Cuba. The GBL establishes a franchise in Montreal, where the Expos played for years, sets up teams on Cape Cod and Brooklyn (one of the original 8 teams) to rival the Red Sox and Mets, respectively, and then hits the (long avoided by the MLB) American South. A great rivalry is set between Mississippi River foes, New Orleans and Memphis, and the GBL forms a bridge to the Caribbean from North America with a team in Miami. The Durham Bulls become the first team to switch from Triple A to the GBL in 2033 giving North Carolina its first professional baseball team. As previously mentioned, capitalist Cuba thrives with a free market economy and prompts the GBL to chose Havana as one of its original 8 franchises. Here is the Continental Division:

Brooklyn Cyclones

Cape Cod Lobsters

Durham Bulls

Havana Reds

Memphis Pharaohs

Miami Manatees

Montreal Musketeers

New Orleans Specters

Each team name will be explained briefly when the concept is unveiled. C&C is greatly appreciated and I'm looking forward to what you have to say because this is my first thread. I would also like some input on which team to show first! Thank you!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The image didn't work but this sounds like an awesome series, I'll be looking forward to following it. I like the whole background to the series, it makes things much more interesting. Good luck with everything and welcome aboard!

The image didn't work but this sounds like an awesome series, I'll be looking forward to following it. I like the whole background to the series, it makes things much more interesting. Good luck with everything and welcome aboard!

Hmmmm That's strange because I can see it. Maybe I'm not doing it exactly correctly. I have a google site where I'm posting these and then I'm inserting the image with a URL from my site. Am I doing something wrong? It said in the FAQs that the pictures need a host site, but I would rather use Google than photobucket (which was recommended) Do I have to use photobucket?

Hmmmm That's strange because I can see it. Maybe I'm not doing it exactly correctly. I have a google site where I'm posting these and then I'm inserting the image with a URL from my site. Am I doing something wrong? It said in the FAQs that the pictures need a host site, but I would rather use Google than photobucket (which was recommended) Do I have to use photobucket?

Try making your site unprotected. Thats probably it. We can't see your site, or anything on it.

And photobucket might be easier.

spacer.png

I can't see the image either. I await seeing your concepts!

p.s. If Cuba de-communizes (not sure that's a word, but I'll roll with it), I doubt they'd name their team the Reds. I'm guessing they would go with Industriales, their most successful domestic team.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I made a photobucket account and when I tried to insert the image from photobucket, it said something like, "This site does not accept that link"

Grrrr. Ideas?

aci: The Havana Reds are named the Reds because the owner of the Cincinnati Reds abandoned the MLB and moved his franchise to Havana. Also, the name fits with the History of Cuba. A team in London could be called the Monarchs even though the Kings have no political powers anymore

here is the Montreal Musketeers. The are named for Quebec's French ties. In 1844, French author Alexander Dumas published The Three Musketeers and it is probably the most well known French novel because of its many adaptations. Montreal's concept frequently displays Musketeer Rapiers or Swords. The primary logo is a mix between a maple leaf, the symbol of Canada and the Fleur de Lis, which is frequently associated with the French monarchy.

EDIT: I changed the home hat to what chrisCLEMENT and I liked best. And yes I know there is a black line near it

MontrealMusketeers.png

In 2033, the Durham Bulls became the first MLB Triple A team to switch to the GBL in 2033. The team came into being in the early 1900s and was originally named the Tobbaconists, but it was changed shortly thereafter to the Bulls after "Bull Durham" tobacco. The teams popularity rose immensely after the release of the movie Bull Durham and it switched from High A to Triple A. Attendance numbers continued to rise throughout the early 21st century and the Bulls won the Triple A world series 5 years in row before moving to the GBL. The team has kept its name, but the team was redesigned upon entry to the GBL. C&C please!

DurhamBulls.png

The Brooklyn Cyclones were the original GBL team. In 2025, the owners of the High A Brooklyn Cyclones, conceived the idea of the GBL and began contacting parties about owning a franchise. By 2029, the GBL was up and running with league offices in Brooklyn. The team is kept its name from High A when they moved to the GBL. Coney Island Amusement Park, which is next to the Cyclones renovated 50,000 seat stadium, features the Cyclone, one of the most known roller coasters in the world. The team is named after the Cyclone. The colors of the Cyclones are based off the Brooklyn Dodgers' colors plus the color of the iconic Brooklyn Bridge which is featured in the secondary logo. Cyclones Stadium has the same dimensions as Ebbets field, the home of the Brooklyn Dodgers. The Cyclones are supposed to be a tribute to the Brooklyn Dodgers, but they also represent a new era of non-minor-league professional baseball in Brooklyn.

BrooklynCyclones.png

Well, do the links work? C&C? This being my first series, I am super anxious to hear some feedback!

Here what I would do because the links don't work: convert the photos to PNG format.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Well, do the links work? C&C? This being my first series, I am super anxious to hear some feedback!

Here what I would do because the links don't work: convert the photos to PNG format.

The links are working for other people, so I really don't know what to do. First, how would I change them to PNG format, and then once they were converted, what should I do?

The links are working for other people, so I really don't know what to do. First, how would I change them to PNG format, and then once they were converted, what should I do?

by opening the pictures up in ms paint, you can convert. then, using the photobucket account you created, upload the photos. then click on the picture and hold it up to the tab. copy the link. then, do you see the picture with the little tree in it. place your link in there and the picture will be posted. i know its a lot of work, but its worth it. i got the links to work, but still, for the benefit of others.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I've been really busy lately, so I will try the thing that Cody21 suggested on Monday. But, here's the Memphis Pharaohs.

The Memphis Pharaohs were added to the league in 2037 along with their perennial rivals, the New Orleans Specters. They both came from Triple A, but changed their names from the Redbirds and the Zephyrs to the Pharaohs and the Specters. The city of Memphis is named after the Ancient Egyptian capital, so it is fitting that their nickname is the Pharaohs. Throughout the design, you will see the blue and yellow stripes, similar to the ones that Pharaohs wore on their headress. In the home jersey, the stripes form a pyramid, which is also seen often in the concept. The Pharaohs do not have a third jersey, but they have a alternate hat that is in the shape of a pyramid.

MemphisPharaohs.png

One thing that will make these concepts 100x better is printing of a template and drawing onto that rather then trying to draw your own stuff, I like the Pharaohs and that alt hat seems cool but in real life it would be rediculouis

Archived