Global Baseball League

Philsphan

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that will make these concepts 100x better is printing of a template and drawing onto that rather then trying to draw your own stuff, I like the Pharaohs and that alt hat seems cool but in real life it would be rediculouis

I concur 100%. Print off a template, fill it in with your artwork, and then scan. It will improve your presentation greatly.

rATMcmK.png

Haha I like the cap logo for the Pharoahs but when I saw that alt cap, all I could think of was "Baseball is all fun and games until somebody loses an eye."

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Wow, thanks for all the feedback! I knew you guys would love the Pharaohs alt hat. About templates, I am actually tracing another template that I made myself. My only problem with printing another template, is that I've already done about 12, I just haven't posted them yet, so then I would have to redo them. I might try it though. Can someone recommend a template after seeing what I have done? Thanks

The Cape Cod Lobsters were formed in 2037 to rival the world famous Boston Red Sox. 3 years later, New England is slowly becoming Red Claws Nation! The team relies heavily on summer residents. Then, when summer is over, the fans take their fandom back to their winter homes. Because of the fact that they have fans all over the country, the Lobsters are often featured on national TV.

Lobsters are one of New England's chief exports. Lobster traps line the coast of Maine and Cape Cod Bay. So, the logo features the state of Massachusetts with lobster claws (Cape Cod) eyes (the North Shore) and antennas (the coast of Maine) Cape Cod's alternate is a throwback similar to the Red Sox jersey of the early 1900s.

CapeCodLobsters.png

Sorry that that part of the alt is cut off. There is nothing on that sleeve if you were wondering. Special thanks to Cody21 who helped me change the links to pictures! Thanks a million!

I love the idea of this league, its one of the more creative league concepts I've seen. The Cape Cod logos are great, making the state of MASS into a lobster is very clever. I understand that you've put a lot of effort into making these, but the presentation is a little lacking. Larger and clearer logos would help, and using a templates as others suggested for the uniforms would make this better yet. This has so much potential I hate to see it not get the presentation it deserves.

I love the idea of this league, its one of the more creative league concepts I've seen. The Cape Cod logos are great, making the state of MASS into a lobster is very clever. I understand that you've put a lot of effort into making these, but the presentation is a little lacking. Larger and clearer logos would help, and using a templates as others suggested for the uniforms would make this better yet. This has so much potential I hate to see it not get the presentation it deserves.

First, thank you. I know that the presentation isn't what it could be but I don't know what template to use. I can't find any that I like/want to use. It would be great if someone could send me a template that is is similar to how I am presenting it now or one that you feel is good. (Home/Away/Alt, pants and shirt lined up, weon one page) I really want to use a real template but that would also mean redoing the 18 teams I already have done, so I really want to find the perfect template.

While I'm figuring out what I'm going to do in terms of tempaltes, I thought I'd post the next team.

The Miami Manatees were one of the last two teams to join the GBL in 2039. Even though Miami already had a professional baseball, the GBL thought it was vital for the league to have a presence in Florida because of its geographical location. The GBL which has divisions in the Caribbean and the United States needed to form a "bridge" to the Caribbean from the United States and with Miami's large Cuban population, it was the perfect place. Florida Manatees almost went extinct in 2020, but after a huge effort by the Miami people and government, the unique species was saved. The manatee became a symbol of resilience and community in Miami so it was perfect for the name of the newest franchise in Miami. For their color scheme, they went with a 4 color combination of Blue, Light Blue, and Magenta which represent the whole South Beach neon night club scene, and the gray is used in honor of the Manatee, which contrasts with Miami, being a quiet, subtle creature. Enjoy. Favorite teams so far? I'd love some C&C

MiamiManatees.png

Also, I been having some trouble with my hp scanner. It sometimes only scans part of the picture and every time I've tried to do Havana, the scanner has taken 5 different pictures of different parts of the picture. Ideas?

yes! finally someone does a sports team in florida with a manatee! i was contemplating doing that for one of the florida teams in the gcc but decided not too. the color scheme is good and for hand drawn it looks great good job love the mascot!

great minds think alike!

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/315design/Fictional%20College%20FB/MIAMIPOLY.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I just want to say that I've been having a hard time with this series in a few different ways lately. My scanner doesn't work at all now, so I might resort to using a digital camera, but I really don't want to do that, but I don't know how to fix it. Also, I been disapointed in the lack of feedback from you guys. I understand that is not the best concept series on this forum, but I think it at least deserves recognition. I've put a lot of time into this project and it has been fun for me, but when I post something I get maybe 2 replies in 24 hours. I always try and give C&C on other people's work because I know they value it. If my work isn't good enough for these boards, tell me, and I'll go away, but if you like it, I would like to hear so, because I already feel out of place being only a Middle Schooler. Sorry for ranting. I'll be so happy to hear any C&C you have on any of the teams I've posted so far!

Oh, my gosh, you're only a middle schooler? I'm suddenly much more impressed. You're doing well just starting out. I first started developing concepts in middle school too, and that was back in the Cenozoic Era. :) I'll give your thread more attention, for sure, I would have wanted that kind of encouragement doing this stuff at your age.

rATMcmK.png

Oh, my gosh, you're only a middle schooler? I'm suddenly much more impressed. You're doing well just starting out. I first started developing concepts in middle school too, and that was back in the Cenozoic Era. :) I'll give your thread more attention, for sure, I would have wanted that kind of encouragement doing this stuff at your age.

Thank you! I've actually been designing logos and making leagues since I was 7 or 8, but this is the first time that I've done uniforms.

Don't be discouraged about lack of comments, its hard to get people to comment. Youre actually getting a fair amount. Your work is pretty good, as I mentioned previously, its the presentation that's lacking. Hand drawing concepts is fine, just clean it up and make it clearer. Draw your logos seperate from the uniforms so that they can all be larger and easier to read. Use the time your scanner is down to clean up your work. I know its frustrating to redo your work, but it comes with the territory. I've been working on my basketball league off and on since 1994 with no end iin sight. Good luck with your league, I'll be keeping my eye on it

The New Orleans Specters joined the GBL in 2037 after being the New Orleans Zephyrs of Triple A. They moved up with their archrival, Memphis Pharaohs. The Specters are named after the New Orleans Voodoo scene. Voodoo is mysterious, often haunting and scary just like the Specters described in many horror novels. (A Specter is just a fancy word for ghost if you didn't know) New Orleans was also hit by a killer hurricane in 2006 and the city has practically risen from the dead, hence the ghost name. The Specters' colors of black and purple contrast sharply with their rival's yellow and blue sets. While the alternate cap was criticized for not having a logo, the designer wanted to give the hat an eerie feel. C&C please!

NewOrleansSpecters2.png

Yay! The scanner finally took a picture of the entire concept

The Havana Reds were founded in 2022, the year Cuba became a capitalist country. They became like the Harlem Globetrotters, playing any team that would play them. Mostly, those teams were Double or Triple A teams or teams in the Mexican League. The Reds demolished these teams and won 5 straight Caribbean Series titles. The name is a nod to the Communist history of Cuba, but the team is looking forward to the future as an ally of the United States which is why they also named the team after the Cincinnati Reds. The previous owner of Cincinnati Reds (he sold the team in 2021, but kept the rights to the name causing the Cincinnati franchise to use it's 1950s name: the Redlegs) owns the Havana Reds, too. C&C on this one too please even though the presentation isn't good

HavanaReds2.png

I know there have been suggestions to make the logos bigger and clearer, so now that I'm done with the Continental Division, I will go back and make separate pictures with larger versions of the primary, script and secondary logos. I will also make a page with all the teams in Continental Division on it. Starting with the Border Division, which will be unveiled tomorrow, I will make separate versions of the logos as I post the concepts and I will always make a final page with all the teams on it. (Sorry for the double post)

One of the things that would help some of your concepts, at least in my view, is that you develop a number of alternate logos that either don't make it into the uniforms, or do so in a vastly altered way. I think if there is one thing you can work at improving, it's developing a more consistent identity across the uniforms and logos. Home and away uniforms should be pretty similar to each other in their basic layout, saving the departures from the standard for alt uniforms. You did a good job with this, for example, with Cape Cod and Miami, but Havana and New Orleans, I wouldn't think that the home and away would belong to the same team because they are so different from each other.

Another thing to consider is complexity of logos. This is true probably in baseball more than in any other sport, because hat logos are embroidered, and detail is limited by how thin the embroidery thread can be. For example, if your Havana Reds main logo were embroidered, it probably wouldn't read as red-and-white striped on a hat, but as pink.

rATMcmK.png

One of the things that would help some of your concepts, at least in my view, is that you develop a number of alternate logos that either don't make it into the uniforms, or do so in a vastly altered way. I think if there is one thing you can work at improving, it's developing a more consistent identity across the uniforms and logos. Home and away uniforms should be pretty similar to each other in their basic layout, saving the departures from the standard for alt uniforms. You did a good job with this, for example, with Cape Cod and Miami, but Havana and New Orleans, I wouldn't think that the home and away would belong to the same team because they are so different from each other.

Another thing to consider is complexity of logos. This is true probably in baseball more than in any other sport, because hat logos are embroidered, and detail is limited by how thin the embroidery thread can be. For example, if your Havana Reds main logo were embroidered, it probably wouldn't read as red-and-white striped on a hat, but as pink.

OK. I know what you are saying. My challenge is that I don't like when a team uses the same script on their home and aways and sometimes certain scripts don't match certain styles. When I'm making a uniform, I usually start with the script and then match the rest of the jersey with the script. About the logos, I've looked back and you are definitely right! I've made way too many logos that I don't use or use in a altered way. The primaries I don't use on the uniforms on purpose because I think a complicated logo doesn't look good on a uniform so that's why I made secondaries. But I don't use them that often, so I will try and use my secondary logos more often. Looking ahead at some of the ones I've already done, but haven't posted, some of them have better uniformity, but others don't. Some however, look decent, so I will be relying on you to tell me whether the un-uniformity works. For instance, I think you're right about New Orleans, but I disagree with what you said about Havana, because it was based on the Yankees sets (pinstriped home with cap logo on chest and then script on un-pinstriped road) and no one has ever complained about the Yankees sets. Lastly, I will try to incorporate the cap logos into the primaries and secondaries. Here's what I hope will be up tonight:

1. Border Division team names and history

2. Re done New Orleans Specters

3. New Havana Reds primary

4. Close ups of all the logos in the Continental Division

5. A final compilation of the hats of the Continental Division

6. Maybe the first Border Division team

Archived