Global Baseball League

Philsphan

Here is the final compilation of the 8 teams in the Continental Division featuring home hats, color palettes and team names. Enjoy!

ContinentalLeague.png

My scanner is having problems scanning the larger versions of logos (it is only scanning part of the sheet, so there might not be a more detailed version of the logos until I figure out the problem.

The 8 teams in the Border Division lie along, what else, the border of the United States and Mexico. There are 4 teams from Mexico and 4 from the United States. The presence of baseball along one of the most violent regions in North America has dropped crime and unemployment rates in especially Mexico. Rivals, San Antonio and Monterrey were two of the GBL's original teams. The GBL took the risk of a franchise in Las Vegas, the gambling capital of the world, and fittingly named the team, the Black Sox. Albuquerque hit 1 million residents in 2020 and became one of the first cities of 1 million plus not to have an MLB team, so they were an obvious choice for expansion committees. Ciudad Juarez, once a dangerous city of drug cartels and gangs has become a more peaceful place thanks to the money brought into the city by the Rattlers. Tijuana and Chula Vista (a smaller city just south of San Diego) were awarded franchises and also became rivals. Even though Guadalajara isn't really on the Mexican-American border, since it was the fastest growing economy in North America in 2017, it too has a GBL team. Here is the Border Division. Some of these names might need some explaining, so either ask or wait for the team to be unveiled.

Albuquerque Sandias

California Condors

Ciudad Juarez Rattlers

Guadalajara Heat

Las Vegas Black Sox

Monterrey Montezumas

San Antonio Lone Stars

Tijuana Matadors

The Monterrey Montezumas, or simply the Zumas are named after famous Aztec leader Montezuma. Zumas doesn't mean anything, but it was a cool sounding abbreviation of Montezumas. The Zumas are filled with the clowns and fun personalities of the GBL, so it is only fitting that they wear lime green and wacky striping designs. Montezuma wasn't necessarily a fun-loving weird guy, but the name Zumas calls for some fun. The team's designer wanted to focus more on the name rather than the person. The Zumas wear the Z on their hats because how often have you seen a Z on a baseball uniform? In addition to lime green, Monterrey also uses dark green and red, the colors on the Mexican flag because they were the first Mexican team in the GBL. C&C encouraged.

MonterreyZumas.png

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great concept again. I love your creativity not only with the concepts, but the team and league histories make for an overall great series. Looking forward to the rest!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Great concept again. I love your creativity not only with the concepts, but the team and league histories make for an overall great series. Looking forward to the rest!

Thank you! You saying that really means a lot to me. I'm looking forward to hearing you future comments.

Great! I'm loving the feedback do keep it coming. Also, anyone have any opinions on the updated Havana Reds and New Orleans Specters on page 2? Otherwise, on to the next team:

The Guadalajara Heat were formed in 2034 after great reports on the economy of Guadalajara! Mexico's second largest city, were released. Even dating back to 2012, Guadalajara's future wealth was predicted by Wikipedia, "Guadalajara has the second strongest economic potential of any major North American city, only Chicago scored more highly for sheer economic potential. The same research noted Guadalajara as the "city of the future" due to its youthful population, low unemployment and large number of recent foreign investment deals, it was also found the third most business friendly city in North America." This trend continued throughout the twenty-teens and twenty-twenties so even though Guadalajara is further south of the border and all the other teams in the border division, the GBL found it necessary to have a team there because of financial reasons. They were named the Heat after Guadalajara'shumid subtropical climate which averages high of around 90 April through June, the middle of the GBL season. Estadio Calor (Heat Stadium) is the largest in the GBL seating 70,000 loyal, screaming fans. The Heat went with a classic orange, black and gray color scheme but the unique striping and slanted cursive typography gives the concept some flare.

GuadalajaraHeat.png

Solid concepts, especially Havana and Monterrey. Guadalajara looks great too but maybe write Heat on the front of the home jersey? Just an idea.

Cohenj.png

Solid concepts, especially Havana and Monterrey. Guadalajara looks great too but maybe write Heat on the front of the home jersey? Just an idea.

Thank you and I tried having Heat on the home jersey but the word doesn't fill the empty uniform space as well as Guadalajara does. To fill the space with "heat" I would have to make the writing really big and it just didn't look good. But thank you for the suggestion

The Las Vegas Black Sox moved up from Triple A in 2034, changing their name from the 51s to the Black Sox. The Black Sox are an iconic, infamous name that could,only work without being negative in the gambling capital of the world. To throw in some of the city's flare, the team designer originally had "Las Vegas" written across the butt, but after a player strike, the script was moved to the striping of the pants. The alien was the mascot of the Las Vegas 51s before they moved from Triple A to the GBL in 2034 and after some designing problems, they decided to keep using the alien in the primary logo and the alternate hat logo. The Black Sox use a unique shoulder string system that is supposed to capture the sleekness of Vegas and their color scheme is based on the White Sox, with the addition of Silver because 1) it looks good and 2) Nevada is called the "Silver State" @cohen21, thank you for the feedback in recent days and everyone else, you are welcome to give C&C too! Here is the update.

LasVegasBlackSox-1.png

I'd play around with the logo with the pair of socks. It's hard to come up with something that doesn't mimic the Red Sox or White Sox. On which point, the Sox wordmark is way too much like an old White Sox wordmark. Esp since the White Sox have rebranded themselves so many times, again, it's going to be hard to come up with an original identity here. I do really like your LV initial mark. I'm going to have to think on how that sleeve striping would work on a real jersey.

rATMcmK.png

Love the black jersey, the script, and the "LV" monogram. I agree with Whittier that the Sox logo looks too White Sox-ish, but try putting the "LV" on the jersey there, I feel like that fits your theme just as well and it's a nice monogram. Good work as always, though.

Cohenj.png

OK. Sounds good. I don't really know why I put the socks on the away hat. It really ruins the uniformity, so I will probably use the home hat as the away hat too with a gray brim. I will try to make the logos look more unique but I'll need some time to come up with a good idea. Im sure the designers would find a way to make the shoulder string work because if there's one thing that screams Las Vegas in this concept, it's the striping. Next concepts up tomorrow for my 100th post!

This is my 100th post! The first great milestone in CCSLC history for me. In addition to redoing the Black Sox, I am adding the most intense rivalry in the GBL. The Tijuana Matadors and the California Condors. Their stadiums are visible from over the fence. When fans started to riot at the Matadors' Stadium, the players and the game was simply moved across the Border to the Condors' stadium. Although the Condors play in a small city (Chula Vista, about 200,000 people) they tap into the San Diego market especially since the Padres have been terrible for 45 years. San Diego, which became the United States' 6th largest city in 2024, was a well deserving market for a second baseball team. The team's owner chose to go by California though, because no one had ever heard of Chula Vista and they weren't technically in San Diego. The Condor is a vulture like bird and it was chosen as the mascot mocking the Padres. (The Condors is taking the fans of the Padres just like a Condor would eat a dead, decaying animal) The team uses green, gold, and brown because they are natural colors that fit in with the Southern California desert. C&C as always!

CaliforniaCondors.png

The Tijuana Matadors were formed in 2034, three years before the Condors. They are known for their rowdy, but faithful fans. The Matadors have historically attracted the best of the Mexican players but have come in second to the Zumas. Bullfighting is a popular event in Mexico and it is especially popular in Tijuana. Matadors are the heroes of the town so it is only fitting that that's what the baseball team would name themselves. The primary cap logo features a red, fancy M over a bold, maroon, T. The M is supposed to represent the matador and the T is supposed to represent the bull. The circles around that logo in the primary is supposed to be the arena. The Matadors use a red, maroon, and cream color combination. C&C

TijuanaMatadors.png

And here is the Las Vegas update. I will also be editing the old version so the new version can be in the same post as the history. I added the alien to give the team a more unique feel and I also tried to keep some more uniformity. The alien was the mascot of the Las Vegas 51s before they moved from Triple A to the GBL in 2034 and after some designing problems, they decided to keep using the alien in the primary logo and the alternate hat logo. I hope you see this update as an improvement, and C&C is welcome.

LasVegasBlackSox-1.png

Las vegas is a great improvement with the LV on the jersey and the alien. Great update. California is probably your best concept yet. There's really nothing I don't like about it, and the color scheme and logo are fantastic. Tijuana also looks great, especially the TM logo. The one thing I don't love about Tijuana is the hat itself. I would go with a solid color, maybe white, because it looks a little too busy as is. Other than that, fantastic work, and I really see improvement since the start of the series.

Cohenj.png

Las vegas is a great improvement with the LV on the jersey and the alien. Great update. California is probably your best concept yet. There's really nothing I don't like about it, and the color scheme and logo are fantastic. Tijuana also looks great, especially the TM logo. The one thing I don't love about Tijuana is the hat itself. I would go with a solid color, maybe white, because it looks a little too busy as is. Other than that, fantastic work, and I really see improvement since the start of the series.

Thank you again. I see a lot of improvement too, but just wait until I start posting the Caribbean Division. My concepts there have amazed even me. For Tijuana, I will post some new options and see of people like it more than the original. I want to keep the home hat I have now as a alternate and also want to keep my current alternate, so I might have my first concept with two alternate hats!

Thank you again. I see a lot of improvement too, but just wait until I start posting the Caribbean Division. My concepts there have amazed even me. For Tijuana, I will post some new options and see of people like it more than the original. I want to keep the home hat I have now as a alternate and also want to keep my current alternate, so I might have my first concept with two alternate hats!

Okay. I think those hats would be good alternate hats, but see what you come up with for other hat ideas. Excited to see that Caribbean division!

Cohenj.png

Here are the options for the home hat of the Tijuana Matadors. The away hat will be the same except all cream will be gray. TijuanaMatadorshatoptions.png

Actually Philsphan, looking at it again I think B is the best, but I would use C as a second alternate cap because that one looks good too.

Cohenj.png

Archived