Global Baseball League

Philsphan

The Caracas Crocs were also one of the original 8 teams, but have had little success in the first 10 years of the leagues existence. The name "Crocs" simply has a good ring to it and the Orinoco Crocidile. The Orinoco Crocidile is an endangered species of croc that lives in the Orinoco River, the largest river in Venezuela. The Crocs uniforms are very colorful and festive because colors associated with crocidiles- greens and yellows are.

CaracasCrocs.png

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now this, Philsphan, is maybe the best concept I have seen from you. Everything is solid and clean-cut, you have a great color scheme, and a solid logo. The scripts are my favorite part of the concept, they are extremely well-done and really pop on the jerseys. Just a couple of small color-related suggestions. First, on the home and away jerseys I would choose either light green or yellow to put on the sleeve striping, because to have the darker outline, light green, and yellow in that spot is a little much IMO. Secondly, for the script on the alt, I would outline it in dark green rather than your current outline to make it stand out more. Overall, excellent job on this concept. It has been awesome to see your improvement throughout this series and this is a great example of that. Keep it up!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Caracas Crocs update should be up tomorrow, but for now, here's the Santo Domingo Diablos.

The third of the original teams from the Caribbean Division, the Santo Domingo Diablos are the Yankees of the Carribean. Winning the division 6 out of 10 times with abundant talent from the Dominican Republic has given the Diablos a swagger. Hip uniforms with an edgy font (literally and figuratively) and the iconic symbol of the Devil's pitchfork go with the simple SD on the hats. A crazy fan base has loved seeing Dominican born talent stay in Santo Domingo rather than go to America and baseball has become even more popular there.

SantoDomingoDiablos-1.png

I love the whole branding concept for this team, with the Diablos name and the color scheme. Just a couple of jersey-related suggestions. First of all, not loving the number up by the shoulder, I would get rid of the front numbers entirely, just because you already have plenty on the fronts of those jerseys with the pitchfork logo. Secondly, I would try a red or a black alternate with the SD monogram on the front of the jersey. Other than those couple of suggestions, another nice concept.

Cohenj.png

Here are two updates for the Caracas Crocs and Santo Domingo Diablos based on C&C from cohenj21. Thank you! I really like the way the Diablos came out but I think I like the original Crocs better with both lime green and yellow striping.

CaracasCrocs2.png

SantoDomingoDiablos2.png

LOVE the Santo Domingo update, the new alt looks really good. I think that the new alt for Caracas does look better than the old one, but I think I actually prefer your original home jersey looking at both of them. Really nice updates, looking forward to more.

Cohenj.png

The Cancun Breeze play in Cancun, Mexico and are the only Mexican team to play in the Caribbean Division. Cancun is located on the tip of the Yucatan Pennisula which places them in the middle of the Caribbean. To complete having a team from every Caribbean Series country, Cancun was added in 2032 as the representative from Mexico. Cancun has h ad decent ticket sales, with a so-so fan base in the city, but many tourists come to enjoy games before their cruises depart. The stadium's design and location allows wind from the ocean to come into the stadium instead of building a dome and paying for Air Conditioning. The designer wanted to give the team a simple feel on the home and away and kind of modeled that after the Dodgers. (primary color script, secondary color numbers) But for the alternate he wanted to do something that had never been done before, Horizontal Pinstripes to look like breeze. C&C Please!

CancunBreeze.png

Road jersey looks perfect, nice job on that. For the home, also looks good, but personally I would bump the front numbers below the script and move the CB logo to the sleeve like on the road jersey. The alt actually looks pretty cool, but I would try putting Cancún in your cursive script, which I really like. Also, small detail, but every time you have the word Cancún written, whether it is on the logos or the jerseys, put an accent on the U. Really nice concept.

Cohenj.png

Digging the horizontal stripes! Surprised at how they work. To kind of condense and clean up your design, I'd experiment with using the breeze icon as the top or bottom part of the B.

rATMcmK.png

Over here in England, the school system is abit different. Whats the age range for a middle schooler...?

I just whizzed through the thread, I will take a better look later, and the Crocs are the best so far. As far as your template goes, there are Paint based templates on here, maybe print them out and use them?

sigen.jpg

Philsfan would have to be between the ages of 12 and 14, I've never asked him. Also, he has some major technological issues at his end, that's why he's doing them this way. I've offered to help him out with rerending these, but I never seem to have my time and memory working at the same time. :\ I'm off school for three weeks, and this is one of the many things I hope to catch up on.

rATMcmK.png

The Managua set is pretty much perfect IMO, really solid job on that one. For Panama City the striping looks great on the home and away, but I would move the numbers from the sleeve to the chest just because they look really squeezed there. I like the striping so much that I really think that similar striping should be utilized on the alternate. Right now the jersey is just solid black, and I thought that with your signature shoulder striping the alt would be livened up a bit. Also, just a small tweak, I would put the Mosquitoes script on the alternate in the same color as your scripts on the primary jerseys to make the alt a little less black. Really nice job on these two sets.

Cohenj.png

Thanks. For the Panama City Alternate, I was trying to create a Blackout uniform, so that's why I used so much black. Personally, I think it would look better with blue stripes too, but "blackout" uniforms are becoming popular and I wanted to try one. For the numbers, I will try to take out the numbers on MS Paint, but it made the jersey look cluttered when I put the numbers on the chest. Anybody else?

Archived