Global Baseball League

Philsphan

I'm working on an update for Seoul that will hopefully please everyone and I added the crane logo to Kyoto's home and away sleeves, but I don't have access to a scanner right now. Anyway, here is the Yokohama Assassins.

The Yokohama Assassins were the final team to join the GBL in 2039. Their name is a reference to ninjas. Here is a fine quote from Wikipedia.

A ninja was a covert agent or mercenary in feudal Japan who specialized in unorthodox warfare. The functions of the ninja included espionage, sabotage, infiltration, and assassination

Because the ninja, is a recognizable figure from feudal Japan, the Yokohama Assassins brand has been very successful in the United States selling jerseys, hats, and ninja apparel to mostly American kids. The ninjas logo features swords, ninja stars, and a ninja, along with a stylized A. Enjoy! C&C Please!

YokohamaAssassins.png

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about not responding more quickly, I was pretty busy yesterday. Yokohama is one of the best concepts I have seen from you, and definitely my favorite of this division. The black and white color scheme really works, and your font is superb. The only thing I would do would be on the alternate jersey to use the ninja logo on the jersey and the A logo on the cap because I think the ninja would look great on the black jersey. Great job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Don't worry about not responding quickly. You've responded to every team since the Border Division. I bumped it cause I knew you weren't available at the moment and I was hoping someone new would comment. I always knew you would comment and I cannot thank you enough for giving me encouragement and advice throughout this project. I wanted to have the ninja logo on the jersey, but then I would only have one hat for the whole set.

Don't worry about not responding quickly. You've responded to every team since the Border Division. I bumped it cause I knew you weren't available at the moment and I was hoping someone new would comment. I always knew you would comment and I cannot thank you enough for giving me encouragement and advice throughout this project. I wanted to have the ninja logo on the jersey, but then I would only have one hat for the whole set.

What you could try with a ninja jersey is a white-paneled hat with a black A, or even a pinstriped one.

Cohenj.png

It's been really cool to see you develop as a designer over the course of this series, you're steadily improving.

I mostly just have to recolour the Cape Cod template. The Massachusetts/Lobster logo came out really good--I was impressed that you were able to see that shape in the state outline. Next, I'll make up a list of the teams that I'll do going forward, per what you'd said about doing just a couple in each division. I'd love to end up doing them all in the end, though, I like collaborating and feeling like I'm working for a "client".

rATMcmK.png

The Tokyo Bay Raptors formed in 2035 with an identity based around a fictional monster. This fictional monster was Godzilla, the giant beast who lived in Tokyo Bay. Godzilla movies were not only popular in Japan, but they were also hugely popular in the US. At around the same time, the NPB (Japan's pro baseball league) formed. Godzilla and baseball in Japan will not only be linked because they started around the same time, but now the GBL's Tokyo team is named the Raptors. The Raptors use green and silver for their color combination and use a distinctly bold striping pattern. The Tokyo Bay Raptors! C&C welcome!

TokyoBayRaptors-1.png

I like this striping and font very much. Your logos are also solid. Why Tokyo Bay and not just Tokyo? It's just that the TB monogram says "Tampa Bay" for me...

For more of a connection with Godzilla. Also, considering Tokyo is one of the most crowded cities in the world, they probably couldn't build a stadium in the city, so its probably in the suburbs or the metropolitan area around Tokyo Bay. Its like calling the Texas Rangers Texas, not Dallas, cause they play in Arlington.

The finale of the Global Baseball League! 31 teams have been posted, and here is the 32nd.

The Hawaii Alohas formed in 2035 as travel bridge between the Asian and North American teams in the Pacific Division. The colors and wild sleeve stripes are based on the "native" Hawaii flag used during the reign of King Kamehameha. Because the team name is related to the Hawaiian language, the Alohas' designer felt that the color scheme had to be equally Hawaiian. Here is the last team in the GBL!

HawaiiAlohas-1.png

And because the Pacific Division is now complete, here is the final compilation of Pacific Division teams along with the final compilation of Caribbean Division teams that I never posted.

PacificDivision.png

CaribbeanDivision.png

I want to say a final thank you to cohenj21, WhittierS and everybody else that took the time to look at, comment to, or think about the GBL. People caring about my work means a lot to me becuase I'm younger and I'm so happy that my first thread had encouraging members to help me along the way. It is amazing to see how much I've improved from my first team, the Montreal Musketeers, to the last, the Alohas. I was going to go back and redo the Continental Division, but now I want to keep it so I can see my improvement. So now, from the GBL headquarters, I say Aloha, but it is not only the end of a series, it is the beginning of a young artist's life here at CCSLC. Thanks again,

Philsphan

The Alohas look great, really signify Hawaii as soon as you see them. The striping is unique and creative, and I would buy that yellow alt in a heartbeat. And I'm glad to do anything I can to help you out. It's very cool and different to see some hand-drawn concepts from a young guy like yourself, definitely a departure from the normal at CCSLC, which is very refreshing. Your improvement has been incredible, and a joy to watch. Good luck in all your future work, and I hope you stay an active member on the boards. Any ideas for a future series? An MLB redesign? An imaginary league from a different sport? Whatever your next project is, I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Cohenj.png

Archived