White Sox Road Jerseys

rmackman

We forgot another cap logo on jersey team:

Ethier_9-1-08.jpg

Blocked those from my mind; a gorgeous uniform sullied by an utterly pointless addition.

I'm sorry, but the Dodgers have screwed up a great jersey by putting the cap logo on the sleeve and "Dodgers" on the road uniform sleeve. It just looks stupid!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you, I don't understand what's up with this trend of putting the cap logo on the sleeve. The Marlins, Angels, and Brewers all do it and it looks terribly redundant.

Couldn't agree any more.

The Angels must have the logo on their jerseys at least 5 times. Ok ... I lied, it's 3 times counting the script. The Sox's sleeve patch was unique and different, but I guess they want to be boring like some of the other teams.

We forgot another cap logo on jersey team:

Ethier_9-1-08.jpg

Also these guys...yet I'm okay with it in this case:

carlos-santana-opow-56886.jpg

The Indians wear the C caps with the cream throwbacks, so I think it's OK to have that sleeve logo. The helmet issue, well, they need C helmets.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I'm sorry, but the Dodgers have screwed up a great jersey by putting the cap logo on the sleeve and "Dodgers" on the road uniform sleeve. It just looks stupid!

They haven't had "Dodgers" on the sleeve of the road uni in at least five years.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The thing is the Diamond Sox logo was just a poor logo in the first place, however repeating the primary/cap logo on the sleeve is not a great solution either. I'd rather move the number from the front of the jersey to the sleeve, sorta like the 1959 uni's or update the flying sock logo from that era and place that on the sleeve.

How is the diamond sox logo no good? It's a white sock. No different than the Red Sox alternate cap logo.

It's just poorly executed, a single sock by itself, inside a diamond...meh. The sock looks really weird, the red sox version is marginally better.

4df2eaf983f10.image.jpg

The Brewers need to stop messing around and go back to this set. I understand the Miller-style logo is good, but nobody wants it anymore. The Ball in glove is one of my favorite things on this planet.

>>>>>>

I agree fully!! Those are a 5 (**) out of 5 ...

Just like the SD Chargers ... both clubs have a A+ uniforms shelved and refuse to use 'em in favor of something that has everyday basic looks.

Why the Brewers did away with these full-time I'd really like to know what they were thinking .... Probably just a change just for the sake of change, which is always the dumbest reasoning.

The diamond-sock was fine, but a modern rendition of the winged sock would be ideal.

>>>>>

It would need a major tweaking, it really doesn't look all that much like a sock, but yea .. that would be an idea.

2913.gif

They could always tweak this 80s logo using black and silver, this always was a cool looking logo I thought.

ng17g1dlk51e4x26nynvzj9w8.gif

FWIW, I remember reading that the Sox went from the diamond logo to the script logo on the sleeves in an effort to make the jersey more immediately identifiable as a White Sox jersey. It's why the alt logo is still used on the black jerseys, since that has "SOX".

Doesn't make it any less stupid, though.

They could always tweak this 80s logo using black and silver, this always was a cool looking logo I thought.

That logo and script are both very of their time, and have no business being integrated into their current identity.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That logo and script are both very of their time, and have no business being integrated into their current identity.

>>>>

Maybe so, but when the SOX won the World Series in '05 down in Houston I saw more of their fans wearing old team apparel with that logo than even their current ones while celebrating near the Chicago dugout. I was quite surprised by that.

4df2eaf983f10.image.jpg

The Brewers need to stop messing around and go back to this set. I understand the Miller-style logo is good, but nobody wants it anymore. The Ball in glove is one of my favorite things on this planet.

>>>>>>

I agree fully!! Those are a 5 (**) out of 5 ...

Just like the SD Chargers ... both clubs have a A+ uniforms shelved and refuse to use 'em in favor of something that has everyday basic looks.

Why the Brewers did away with these full-time I'd really like to know what they were thinking .... Probably just a change just for the sake of change, which is always the dumbest reasoning.

I've always chalked it up to Wendy Selig wanting to put her own stamp on the club. Personally, I'd rather see them go back to the "Robin 3,000" version, but I'd still love it if these got to be adopted full time.

Although I have to disagree with what someone said before... the Miller M is terrible and a huge downgrade from everything else the team had worn prior aside from maybe the original Motre Bame (but not the stand-alone M from that set).

I just noticed the sideways home plates in the negative spaces of the "X".

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I just noticed the sideways home plates in the negative spaces of the "X".

Wow, I'd never seen that before either

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Maybe so, but when the SOX won the World Series in '05 down in Houston I saw more of their fans wearing old team apparel with that logo than even their current ones while celebrating near the Chicago dugout. I was quite surprised by that.

The 1983 merchandise is very popular with '80s kids who were born during that era or grew up watching those teams. That merchandise sells very well, but it's not even close to out-numbering current gear at any Sox game.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Don't like the White Sox road sleeve logo. But I don't think it is because it's the cap logo, because I have no problem with any of the other examples on this page. Rather, it's a script logo, which shouldn't be on the sleeve, especially on jerseys with a script logo on the front. I didn't like when the Dodgers had their home script as the away sleeve logo for the same reason.

The diamond sock is IMO one of the more underrated logos in baseball. Told ya who it was without requiring words. IMO, taking it off the grays in favor of the SOX monogram was a rather dumb move, mainly cus the latter, a great chest emblem, looks horrible as a sleeve patch.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

It doesn't look right but I can understand why the Sox did it. The SOX logo is by far their most recognizable mark and wasn't on the jersey before.

Smart for branding. Bad for aesthetics.

Archived