College Football Nike Revamp 2012

Brave-Bird 08

To jump on the same college football countdown that everyone else celebrated today, I'm going to take the liberty to create a concept every day until the start of the season (to make the time pass, and to pump out some art!)

I'm using the Nike style guide template, which I traced in svg format and provided in the forum recently (for any other users that want to jump in)

Without any more blabbering, here's concept numero uno!

FCS Request List

Furman Paladins (SoCon)

Villanova Wildcats (CAA)

Georgia State Panthers (Sun Belt-2013)

Montana Grizzlies (Big Sky)

Portland State Vikings (Big Sky)

North Dakota Fighting Sioux (Big Sky)

Georgetown Hoyas (Patriot League)

Kennesaw State Owls (CAA-Imaginary)

Appalachian State Mountaineers (SoCon)

Georgia Southern Eagles (SoCon)

FBS/FCS Teams Completed

Baylor Bears (Big XII)

Houston Cougars (C-USA)

Alabama Crimson Tide (SEC)

Washington Huskies (Pac-12)

Duke Blue Devils (ACC)

Kennesaw State Owls (CAA)

San Diego State (Mountain West)

Air Force Falcons (Mountain West)

Georgia Bulldogs (SEC)

Montana Grizzlies (Big Sky)

1) Baylor Bears (Big XII)

-I'm definitely not a fan of Baylor's current uniforms, and with its current rise in athletic prominence, new uniforms should be in order. Flywire shoulders and "Cal Bears" pants stripes, which I hate, are a thing of the past. Gold also isn't enough of a focus in the current identity. I updated the pants design to something completely unique and less bulky. The home jersey is pretty basic, with stylized cuffs and some fancy inserts to accompany the pants design. The road jerseys keep green inserts as well to give a little life. The green helmet is implied to be matte, while the gold helmet is implied to have a metallic finish.

BaylorExportOne.png

BaylorExportThree.png

BaylorExportTwo.png

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the pattern on the white jerseys, but I love the uniforms otherwise. I would just keep the "slashes" on the cuffs, and delete whatever pattern you have on the jerseys.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

100 teams in 100 days? That's a bold move, Cotton!

Anyway, I like Baylor a lot. I like the cuffs and the pants design, but the back inserts seem a little arbitrary. Also, I would get rid of the black elements on the green jersey/helmet, since it's not on any of the road stuff.

Can you please label which jerseys are home primaries, away primaries, alts, etc? 100 teams in 100 days is a very bold move cotton. (great dodgeball reference mbannon92) With regards to the uniforms, I like the emphasis on the gold, but it would be really cool if you could try to make those highlighter uniforms that they wear in basketball for football (if they haven't done that already)'I like where this is going and I am excited to see what you "crank out"

Are FCS schools in the mix too?

Correct. I'm doing 100 Nike concepts. There may be some teams I crossover. For instance, I plan on doing Georgia Tech. I might even do some for teams that don't field football teams yet. As long as I hit 100!

Furman, GT, and Syracuse. If you'd do those I'd love this!

Definitely doing Syracuse, as it is an FBS Nike school. Furman would be difficult. Its uniforms are untouchable IMO. But, I'll definitely give it some consideration.

Georgia State PLEASE!!! i hate our look that we have...

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I love this concept! I am a huge fan of the Away styled uniforms, and normally I wouldn't mind the black but it is unnecessary, you should eliminate it completely and just go with gold, green, and white. Anyways can't wait to see some more, this is a series the boards need just to keep the concept section going! I will be keeping my eye on this one!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I actually like the black as trim. Personally, I think you got it perfect now. I'm curious as to what the idea behind the Patterns on the jersey are though.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Ah yeah! College football concepts...the best kind IMO. I'm about to start putting some of mine out too. Definitely not 1 a day though.

Baylor looks pretty good, but I think BAYLOR would look on better on both jerseys. Not a fan of the green inserts on the away either. Also, why black facemask? Loving the pants though.

Solid start, keep it up. How about an Oregon concept?

2) Houston Cougars (C-USA)

-Houston gets a classic look here. The school just unveiled a pretty solid revamp, which includes a major upgrade over the previous cougar logo. I'm not a fan of the bevels on the new "UH" logo though, so I took them out. These uniforms bring the entire color scheme into the picture--something the current uniforms fail to do. I figured the oval cougar logo would fit nicely on a helmet. There's really not much more to say here except that the cookie cutter template is replaced with a very simple and traditional style. This concept is meant to bring back some classic vibe, while implementing the new marks. (some concepts I post have been exported with the old helmet template, fyi. I added the side view one used in the Baylor concept AFTER I made this one)

HoustonExport1-1.png

HoustonExport2.png

HoustonExport3.png

Archived