College Football Nike Revamp 2012

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

loving the Houston uniform. the blue jersey is definitely the way to go.

Agreed. However, given the discovery of the "toilet bowl era" of Nike uniforms, i'd minimize the contrasting colors on the collars. Maybe stick to minimalist piping...

I was hoping for one of two things with this design:

1. Classic look based off their throwback

2.Modern look based off their logo

I was slightly hoping for number 2, because I wanted to see what you could come up with. You instead combined the two, and while I was initially dissapointed, all was forgiven when you gave them navy pants and jerseys. While I still would've liked to have seen what you could've done with option two, I definately can't complain about this concept. It's beautiful.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

loving the Houston uniform. the blue jersey is definitely the way to go.

Agreed. However, given the discovery of the "toilet bowl era" of Nike uniforms, i'd minimize the contrasting colors on the collars. Maybe stick to minimalist piping...

yeah it would be nice to see the color all blue instead but i still love this one; blue pants and jersey are nice

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I'd be interested to see the inverse - a red jersey with a blue helmet. I think blue/red/blue could look pretty slick.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Furman, GT, and Syracuse. If you'd do those I'd love this!

Definitely doing Syracuse, as it is an FBS Nike school. Furman would be difficult. Its uniforms are untouchable IMO. But, I'll definitely give it some consideration.

Im just glad your considering it... theres never any furman concepts and there my favorite fcs team!

UnitedStatesofCollegeFootball-5.png

3) Alabama Crimson Tide (SEC)

- Initial aesthetics might suggest that this isn't a huge overhaul, but obviously with a team with as traditional of a look as Alabama this concept breaks down a lot of walls. Obviously the biggest change is the removal of helmet numbers, which are replaced with the "A" logo. I'm a huge fan of Alabama's current primary logo, but think its too complex to be minimized onto a uniform, as it currently is. The only logo present on the uniform is the "A", which is plenty bold enough to do the job. Sleeve numbers are added to compensate for the helmet logo removal. White helmets are added in as an option as well, as they were in the 60s(?) The only other major change is a subtle houndstooth pattern in the numerals, which was an element in the pro combat uniforms worn a while ago. The numbers also have very slight grey trim.

BamaExportOne.png

BamaExportTwo.png

I love all three of these concepts. Houston looks the best so far. May I suggest Villanova as an FCS school you could do. I'm definitely following this series.

Furman and Villanova are on the queue for FCS schools. I'll try to keep track of the FCS list in the OP. Obviously I'm going to do most, if not all, of the Nike schools in the FBS

Two things on the Alabama:

1. Get rid of the white helmet. At least in my opinion, as I don't like it. The red one is fine just the way it is.

2.Either change the facemask color, or make the pants grey. The one thing that really bugs me about the Bama uniforms is that the grey facemask is out of place. I think Red and Grey woud be more unique then Red and White. But if you want to go for the safer option, I would HIGHLY suggest that you make the facemask white.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

@Spleen

Definitely suggestions that I swayed around on. I think I have a tasteful fix that will please both parties. I'm updating the first two concepts with the newer helmet right now, anyways, so I think I'll post a Houston and Alabama update before moving on to tomorrow's concept!

Here's an update for Alabama's alternates. Also, you will notice I've simply changed the Houston and Alabama concepts over to the other helmet template, which I prefer. I've been getting ahead thanks to some time off, so expect a few concepts for the morning!

BamaExportTwo.png

Make the white helmet facemask white, and it's perfect. That red uniform is literally the perfect Alabama concept.

4) Washington Huskies (Pac-12)

- The last three concepts may not seem too "out there" as opposed to the Baylor concept--Don't worry, there will be plenty of variety to go around before 100 teams are completed. The move here was to give Washington back the classic look it almost achieved with its current set, but the random piping it has now really kills the look. I returned the team to do the "Dade" font for the numbers. I actually really liked that font for Washington. The numbers are now beige instead of white on the home uniforms, and the jerseys are much simpler. The biggest change, however, is the swap from the boring "W" logo to the beautiful Husky logo for the helmet decal. White helmets are an option, and appropriate for a team with such a nickname. Beige jerseys also are now an option, as I wanted to completely eliminate black.

WashingtonOne.png

WashingtonTwo.png

WashingtonThree.png

Great Washington concepts, I like them a lot! However the use of the husky on the helmet is different. Can't decide if its great or I like the W better

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

Archived