ETSU Football...Thad's First Concept in Forever

Thad

So I was bit by the creative bug and made up a jersey. It's probably nothing special and is not even deserving to be posted on these forums with the great work done here. Basically, I saw an Xavier football concept and had an idea for that team but didn't really want to work with silver and blue - so I found another team with a sword in their logo and no football team - the East Tennessee State University Buccaneers. I took the Lions' numbers and basically have a sword going down the side, with a handle on the sleeve and the bottom of the sword going down the pants. The hard part was figuring out how the gloves could fit it in, so I did my best to design them so the sword would go straight down when the receivers lined up. I'm not an artist - just had an idea and tried my best to keep it clean.

Your questions and comments are welcomed and I'm happy to try and make this idea better. I wasn't sure how exactly to handle the sleeves or the helmet. But without further ado, here are the Bucs.

ETSUHome.png

ETSUAway.png

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

The pants are cool. Everything else

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The idea is nice, but the execution has a few issues. For one, the numbers are too large, and a bit pixelated. Second, I think that coloring the numbers would be a good idea, as white with a white outline and black with a black outline is a little boring and it doesn't fit with the rest of the uniform or the logos. I also think that removing the helmet stripe would be a good idea, or finding a more modern one that would fit better with the rest of the uniform. Finally, I think that you should just take the handle off of the undershirt. It's a neat idea, but I couldn't tell what it was until I read your description, and most of the time it wouldn't be lined up with the rest of the sword. Plus I think that the blade of the sword itself makes for an awesome pants stripe.

Oh and my uncle used to teach a few classes at ETSU, so this was cool to see. B)

spacer.png

Archived