dsaline97's NFL Series

dsaline97

I love how you made the Giants uniforms consistent, they look really nice. I really like your Titans concept, the sword striping is unique and I like the return to navy blue home jerseys. The helmet and pants striping look great as well.

spacer.png

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I don't like is the giants and bears only have one set of pants. And an idea for the giants maybe a grey road uni with blue pants?

Ya, I'm starting to think that blue pants would look better for the bears. I'll go back and update those today, along with a new Packers Jets set.

spacer.png

I would give at least an option for the bears of road white with blue pants, even if you want to keep monochrome white as the regular road look.

The Titans look great, no complaints there.

The Giants concept is also a huge improvement. I would ditch the red alternate, though. Red never looked right to me with the Giants blue helmet and grey pants.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I would give at least an option for the bears of road white with blue pants, even if you want to keep monochrome white as the regular road look.

Funny you said that, I just finished putting blue pants on the road. It's changed in the most recent Bears update as well as in the original post.

spacer.png

Team #11: New York Jets

Home Away Alt

This set is a combination of 3 time eras of NY uniforms: current logos, green helmets, kelly green uniform design. The helmet is inverted (I think it looks cooler than just a white outline to work with a green helmet). The only thing I really added to the set was a contrasting collar, which I think looks pretty nice for them.

C&C Appreciated!

As for updates, I'm currently fixing the Dolphins so the helmet logo looks less "Peyton Manning-ish". I laughed when I read that one. After that, I'll start on the Colts update.

spacer.png

I think that the current Jets looks is perfection. That being said, I like the changes here. They look great in green helmets, but you were wise to keep the current helmet logo. My only suggestion is to go with white socks with the road uniform with green pants. (In general, it looks best when the pants and socks colors do not match)

Giants alt: only thing I can think of is outlining the stripes in white...granted, you could make the stripes white, but then the damn thing would look like a bad Nebraska ripoff.

...and that, I'll admit, was a funny headscrather. How does a dolphin come to resemble Peyton Manning?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Giants alt: only thing I can think of is outlining the stripes in white...granted, you could make the stripes white, but then the damn thing would look like a bad Nebraska ripoff.

I could make the stripes go blue-white-blue-white-blue, but that might give people a steelers striping pattern.

Anyway, the Dolphins update will be posted, and the two newest teams, the 49ers and the Raiders, will be revealed tomorrow morning as well.

spacer.png

well, anyways, I went quick with that comment mainly cus I'd run into similar problems in the College to Pro series (Amukamara, Eli, Brees...especially Brees), though that was largely related to the fact that I won't freelance as much in that series as I do normally. Anyways:

Bills: I would've liked to have seen a red alt here, but whatchagonnado. At least you got rid of that weirdly tapered stripe.

Colts: Raise your hand if this reminded you of the Dallas Desperados. And no, I don't mean it as an insult, I actually liked the Despos, even when they had that bastard Dolezel under center.

Jets: I dunno...this reminds me of when they 3/4 assed the Namath era set back in 94. I mean, it was more than halfassing it cus the jerseys, pants and socks were right IIRC, they just halfassed the helmet. Now the Cowboys, that was halfassing it.

Saints: the black helmets, I like. However, I don't think the gold numbers look all that good on the white jersey. They'd need a thicker outline, that's why jerseys like UCF's look like garbage. If you'd tweaked the gold to something brassy like LSU's Pro Combat sets, I'd have liked to see gold jerseys somewhere in there.

Titans: though I think the number trim needs to be thicker, I love the sword's blade as shoulder stripes. Also agree with ditching red, seeing as they don't really use it aside from the logos.

and finally, Skins: the helmet was always a favorite of mine. If the jerseys are a nod to their early 40s set, cool, as those were IMO among the best throwbacks from 94. The only thing I'd change, really, would be the W on the sleeve logo, seeing as the Skins have never really seemed to put much emphasis on being Washington's team (kinda like how the Dodgers never truly tried to shed their Brooklynness). Whether you blame my semi-baked theory or Joe Gibbs, an R seems like a more natural choice.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

As promised...

Team #4: Miami Dolphins

Home Away Alt

Team #12: San Francisco 49ers

Home Away

This whole set is based off of their 1990's pants stripe. I continued that to the sleeves and helmet. The stripe is a good way to fix the "unnecessary black in the logo" problem everyone thinks the 9ers have. No alts here, a gold jersey looked awful and red pants didn't feel right to me.

Team #13: Oakland Raiders

Home Away Alt

I honestly think the Raiders could look better with black helmets, but in order to do that, they would need to invert the helmet logo. I did just that. Other than that, the home and road are unchanged. The alt is a blackout, primetime jersey (MNF Manning vs. Seymour? I'm thinking too far ahead, aren't I?) that truely resembles the "black hole".

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

I'm a Niner fan and I like your set, but I like their current set better. I think because it's simple but not boring. I always thought their 90s unis had too much going on.

I think the Raiders look better with a Silver helmet. But if you are gonna go with a black helmet you should make the numbers on the white jersey silver with a black outline.

For the 49ers, they look great, but I'm not a fan of the gold numbers on the red jersey. The white jersey is perfect. Invert red and white on that jersey, and that would make a perfect home jersey.

For the Raiders, you're right. A black helmet does look nice. For the road uniform, go with silver pants, and for the prime time alternate, make a silver jersey with black pants.

Nice work.

For the Niners, I like where you're going, but I would make a couple changes. First, I would go with just a single striping pattern on the sleeves, and model the widths of the stripes on the pants stripes (if you know what I mean). Second, I would make the numbers/NOBs on both jerseys white/red with a single black outline, to match the SF in the logo.

Not digging the black helmet for the Raiders. I would keep the current helmet and use a black helmet for the alt (but with the current logo).

Team #6: Buffalo Bills

Home Away Alt

Team #14: Atlanta Falcons

Home Away Alt

This set is based off of one of their previous home jerseys that I turned into a simple but modernized look. I reverted to the red helmets, because they look better and are well loved by Falcon fans. The helmet and pants feature a unique double stripe that no other NFL team has ever worn. A black jersey would be worn as the alt.

Team #15: Seattle Seahawks

Home Away Alt

First of all, the wrap around seahawk is no more. I recolored the bottom part of the helmet logo so it is more visible on a silver helmet, which seems to be more popular than the blue these days. I carried over the striping pattern from the old jerseys and pants and made them the new colors. Brought back the lime green alt (c'mon Nike, really? a silver alt jersey?).

Team #16: Green Bay Packers

Home Away

This is a very, very small change. I was tempted to remove the green space in between the white and yellow sleeve stripes, but I left them to stay. I realized how much they help remove the "bleeding effect" I've seen people talk about around here. I did, however, remove the collar stripes; that's a little excessive imo. No alts necessary here.

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

Love the new striping for the hawks but not as much as the Nike one I also am disappointed by the lack of highlighter alt especially the way Nike does things, don't like the new helmet logo the wrap thing they have is unique to them (as far as I know anyway)

Thanks for the comments everyone! I really appreciate it. I'm serious.

Team #5: Washington Redskins

Home Away Alt

Team #8: Indianapolis Colts

Home Away Alt

Team #17: Dallas Cowboys

Home Away

Even though the Cowboys will never wear the blue jersey full time, I still think they need consistency between the two uniforms. I decided to follow the style of the "home" jersey, which involves removing the greenish pants. The rest of it is pretty much unchanged.

Team #18: Jacksonville Jaguars

Home Away Alt

If you can't already tell, I find many old school uniforms to be fantastic. I had another idea for a unique stripe that I put on the helmet and pants. Teal numbers are back, along with the full jaguar on the sleeve, because I think it is fantastic.

C&C Appreciated!

spacer.png

Archived