Sign in to follow this  
DawgPacPBH

Carolina Hurricanes Concept

Remember the days when I would make some nice hockey concepts? Well I'm getting back into that a bit here.

The primary logo is more of an update to the current, without straying from the toilet bowl flush which is just oh-so-synonymous with coastal hockey. The alt is a new take on the hurricane flag, with a bit more new school style.

Thoughts? Thanks guys!

ch2yj.png

No, he has depicted them in such a way to show that the secondary logos continue to the other side of the shoulder, but it still shows the complete logo.

No, he has depicted them in such a way to show that the secondary logos continue to the other side of the shoulder, but it still shows the complete logo.

Yeah, that pretty much used to be the standard around here.

Ditch the gradient and you have a winner.

Its just silver, stylized. It's not a true gradient a la vancouver.

Ditch the gradient and you have a winner.

Its just silver, stylized. It's not a true gradient a la vancouver.

If it's not gradient then I'd say that you pretty much nailed it. I'm loving that grey alternate.

I didnt even look at it as a gradient, I just assumed it was supposed to be metallic, guess I was right. I really like this though.

UPDATE: Went with a black alt, becuase the grey was getting more negative than positive reviews. Made the collars a little nicer, and fixed the insert area under the collar. Thoughts?

ch3r.png

I'm assuming that the alternate logo is supposed to be a hurricane wrapping around the hurricane flags or something? I don't know, I keep seeing it as some type of claws/talons or fingers, but maybe that's just me. I'm not sure you should completely get rid of the gradient though. I think it might actually look okay in real life if pulled off right.

Since you're redesigning, it'd be a good idea to take this opportunity to incorporate an actual hurricane-warning flag, as opposed to the storm-warning flag they currently use.

Since you're redesigning, it'd be a good idea to take this opportunity to incorporate an actual hurricane-warning flag, as opposed to the storm-warning flag they currently use.

what do you mean? I'm unaware of the difference.

I really like this concept. The new logos look great, as do the uniforms.

I think BringBackTheVet meant that hurricane-warning flags have two flags on the pole, but storm-warning flags have one.

stormflagdiagram.jpg

stormflagdiagram.jpg

Ohhhhh, well I tried to put one together, but it throws off the balance, so for now it will stay as a single flag.

Anything else, suggestions for another team to do?

The striping is good, but that primary is way too goatse.